Jul 15, 2018
maybe. seems too early to say though based on what's been posted here.
well think about it, if 2 people have already been accepted on sdn, it's not unreasonable to assume that 24 people total have been accepted (or will be), since I imagine the majority of applicants wouldn't post their acceptances on sdn.

doctahdoctah2019

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2009
Status
well think about it, if 2 people have already been accepted on sdn, it's not unreasonable to assume that 24 people total have been accepted (or will be), since I imagine the majority of applicants wouldn't post their acceptances on sdn.
well they haven't finished interviews yet, I don't think they'd accept all 24 before interviews are over. Dean Barlev said on my interview day that nobody is interviewing for waitlist spots, everyone is interviewing for an actual seat in the class. I would imagine that what is happening is exactly what they told us- a handful of acceptances have been sent out, and the remaining acceptances will be sent out in the next week/1.5 weeks. I hope that waitlist/rejection emails are sent out in the same time frame so we all know where we stand.

Reactions: Prittylight
Jul 15, 2018
well they haven't finished interviews yet, I don't think they'd accept all 24 before interviews are over. Dean Barlev said on my interview day that nobody is interviewing for waitlist spots, everyone is interviewing for an actual seat in the class. I would imagine that what is happening is exactly what they told us- a handful of acceptances have been sent out, and the remaining acceptances will be sent out in the next week/1.5 weeks. I hope that waitlist/rejection emails are sent out in the same time frame so we all know where we stand.
Ah yeah, you are right I remember him saying that too now that you mention it.

Reactions: doctahdoctah2019

Embryo

2+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Do ya'll think there will be anyone who turns down their acceptance to this program or is it really going to be just 24 acceptances for 400 interviews.

Reactions: ick19
Jul 15, 2018
Do ya'll think there will be anyone who turns down their acceptance to this program or is it really going to be just 24 acceptances for 400 interviews.
I think there'll be a few people who will. It might be free, but some people will be scared off by the fact that it's a new school, and people may have gotten into more established schools they'd prefer to go to.

Reactions: Embryo

sbnyc24

2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I think there will be some people who don't accept it, but very few, because of the time of year. Not enough to justify like 40 acceptances, so they'll likely only give out 24 and move from there based on when applicants commit.

Reactions: Embryo

Embryo

2+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I'll be interested to see what the overall stats/background of the class ends up being; if it ends up just being top stats people then they should have interviewed more conservatively, but if there is a range of stats then they were clearly looking for a specific type of person so they had to interview liberally.

Jul 15, 2018
I'll be interested to see what the overall stats/background of the class ends up being; if it ends up just being top stats people then they should have interviewed more conservatively, but if there is a range of stats then they were clearly looking for a specific type of person so they had to interview liberally.
Yeah that makes sense. It seems like they're doing a truly holistic review from what I've seen here and on my interview day.

Jan 10, 2019
To speak to this, I have very modest stats when it comes to gpa and mcat. I certainly am not in the top tier of applicants when it comes to this. I have a lot of professional experience in public health grant funded programs (HIV/STD, Chronic Disease Prevention) which is think they really liked. Obviously I can only speculate on the reasons for my acceptance.

Jan 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
To speak to this, I have very modest stats when it comes to gpa and mcat. I certainly am not in the top tier of applicants when it comes to this. I have a lot of professional experience in public health grant funded programs (HIV/STD, Chronic Disease Prevention) which is think they really liked. Obviously I can only speculate on the reasons for my acceptance.

That's so refreshing to hear! I feel like I'm in the same boat when it comes to stats. Do you think you'll be going there in the fall?

DonFrancis95

2+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Yup and decision should be coming soon.
MArcng- are you saying that based off of previous posts and info, or did you interview recently/today and have new things that dr.barlev may have said to share with your anxious peers?

Feb 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
MArcng- are you saying that based off of previous posts and info, or did you interview recently/today and have new things that dr.barlev may have said to share with your anxious peers?
Well, that was entirely based on what I was told during my interview 3 weeks ago and the email sent by Dr. Barlev. I have no new info though.

doctahdoctah2019

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2009
Status
Someone on the choosing between schools board posted about choosing between this school and Brown so I’m thinking they were accepted as well. No info about their stats.