You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 NYU Long Island
Started by WildWing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Happy early Birthday!Low key/high key hope decisions come out before my birthday next week
today's the last interview day right
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
today's the last interview day right
Yup and decision should be coming soon.
MArcng- are you saying that based off of previous posts and info, or did you interview recently/today and have new things that dr.barlev may have said to share with your anxious peers?Yup and decision should be coming soon.
MArcng- are you saying that based off of previous posts and info, or did you interview recently/today and have new things that dr.barlev may have said to share with your anxious peers?
Well, that was entirely based on what I was told during my interview 3 weeks ago and the email sent by Dr. Barlev. I have no new info though.
OmNomChompsky
New Member
withdrawing... good luck fam
Were you already accepted or withdrawing post interviewwithdrawing... good luck fam
Understood- thanks for respondingWell, that was entirely based on what I was told during my interview 3 weeks ago and the email sent by Dr. Barlev. I have no new info though.
Withdrawing. Good luck to everyone!
Are the people withdrawing accepted people or interviewed people?? Please help out us anxious folks.
Are the people withdrawing accepted people or interviewed people?? Please help out us anxious folks.
Interviewed
Ah ok thanks. well i wish you good luck at whichever school you decide to attend!Interviewed
ugh 🙁Someone on the choosing between schools board posted about choosing between this school and Brown so I’m thinking they were accepted as well. No info about their stats.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am just going to assume I was rejected until the school tells me otherwise.
I agree with that mentality!I am just going to assume I was rejected until the school tells me otherwise.
I do hope that person chooses brown though so that a spot opens up 😛I agree with that mentality!
hahahahaha same! goooo brown! LOLI do hope that person chooses brown though so that a spot opens up 😛
Any calls yet guys ?
no 🙁Any calls yet guys ?
i thought not till next week?Any calls yet guys ?
yeah probably next week and week after based on Dr Barlev's emaili thought not till next week?
Oh. Maybe you're right.Isn’t this the second week of May? I thought the email meant this week and next.
I think we are all going crazy. Let's talk about something else. What is your favorite kind of cheese?from @DRoverTru's post it sounds like the call came around 4:30-5pm. ofc this is all speculation
ice-cream-lover
New Member
hey y'all, lurker here. been following this thread. made an account so I could say that on Wednesday I got a no caller ID call at 5:20 but didn't answer and then my mom said that no caller id could be a doctor 😵
If it was the school, they wouldn't have to hide their caller id. This is different from a doctor calling a patient about sensitive information. Also, they would follow up with an email if they couldn't reach you.hey y'all, lurker here. been following this thread. made an account so I could say that on Wednesday I got a no caller ID call at 5:20 but didn't answer and then my mom said that no caller id could be a doctor 😵
ice-cream-lover
New Member
Yes, of course this is the case... I was just highlighting the extreme anxiousness and wild speculation/hope that comes with the waiting game 😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Barre-fanatic
Full Member
My acceptance phone call from another school had no caller ID... You never know....If it was the school, they wouldn't have to hide their caller id. This is different from a doctor calling a patient about sensitive information. Also, they would follow up with an email if they couldn't reach you.
My acceptance phone call from another school had no caller ID... You never know....
The call had a garden city area code! Look out for that.
i wouldnt be suprised if someone from the admissions committee saw this thread and started laughing their head off
I just feel like getting the decision via call is more stressful. I would rather get an email
I disagree, becuase an email could also be a waitlist or rejection and you won't know until you open it. If they call you, you know you're in.I just feel like getting the decision via call is more stressful. I would rather get an email
I just feel like getting the decision via call is more stressful. I would rather get an email
I mean i got both
Not to NYULISOM, to another school earlier in the year.you got accepted? congrats!!
hahaha yeah i realized later that's what you meant.Not to NYULISOM, to another school earlier in the year.
At least we can chill between now and Monday morning because we know we won't hear anything...
violindocx
Full Member
Hey all, I've been feeling antsy this whole last week, so I just wanted to take the time to send good vibes and juju to everyone. May this week be prosperous for y'all, and I'm hoping we all get good news about something if not about an acceptance. Also, praying for some sun this week because it's been raining like crazy where I'm at. Hope everyone has a good week!
Aaaand Monday morning means we're back to another week of stressing!
no 🙁Any news?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could today be the day? Let’s find out in a couple of hours
RainAngel
Full Member
Ok
I’m probably going to get a lot of criticism fir this post, but I’ve always been one to express what I believe in . People should remember, this is NOT NYU. I got a rejection from NYU just like a lot of people, and a week later got an invitation to apply to this place. But, sorry, I’m not going to be duped by what this “school” is selling. From what I know and have read, anatomy is vital to medical school education, no matter what school or where. Plasticized anatomy models instead of cadaver dissections? No way a plastic model can replicate a human body, just like starting an IV in a model with those gorgeously bursting veins will never substitute for the satisfaction of starting one in a dehydrated drug addict with no palpable veins...
And if they can’t have a proper anatomy class, what else are you going to miss?
Are they going to cram basic science into one year? That’s a red flag to me. No thanks. And why would you sacrifice the opportunity to study or practice in ANY specialty after you’ve killed yourself for so long? Don’t be baited by the “NYU” name and the “free tuition”. You will sacrifice more than you ever dreamed of as far as learning opportunities are concerned.
Just my humble opinion.
They told us that models used to be real cadavers, but they are pre-dissected and preserved with something so that they last forever. I think its kind of like the displays at the bodies exhibit.
I'd like to believe that if 24 acceptances already went out, we would hear by now here. We've only got reports of one person so far being accepted and matriculating and about 2 others who've been accepted and their decision unknown so far. Going by that, I don't think they've rolled out the majority of their acceptances yet.
Be the savior we all needIs anyone a brave enough soul to call?