2018-2019 NYU Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Low key/high key hope decisions come out before my birthday next week

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yup and decision should be coming soon.
MArcng- are you saying that based off of previous posts and info, or did you interview recently/today and have new things that dr.barlev may have said to share with your anxious peers?

MArcng- are you saying that based off of previous posts and info, or did you interview recently/today and have new things that dr.barlev may have said to share with your anxious peers?

Well, that was entirely based on what I was told during my interview 3 weeks ago and the email sent by Dr. Barlev. I have no new info though.

Are the people withdrawing accepted people or interviewed people?? Please help out us anxious folks.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Call me superstitious but i think decisions will come out tomorrow.

I am just going to assume I was rejected until the school tells me otherwise.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m more a believer of schrödinger’s post II decision; until I am rejected or accepted post II, I am both and neither simultaneously.

Reactions: 4 users
hey y'all, lurker here. been following this thread. made an account so I could say that on Wednesday I got a no caller ID call at 5:20 but didn't answer and then my mom said that no caller id could be a doctor o_O

hey y'all, lurker here. been following this thread. made an account so I could say that on Wednesday I got a no caller ID call at 5:20 but didn't answer and then my mom said that no caller id could be a doctor o_O
If it was the school, they wouldn't have to hide their caller id. This is different from a doctor calling a patient about sensitive information. Also, they would follow up with an email if they couldn't reach you.

Yes, of course this is the case... I was just highlighting the extreme anxiousness and wild speculation/hope that comes with the waiting game :eek:

If it was the school, they wouldn't have to hide their caller id. This is different from a doctor calling a patient about sensitive information. Also, they would follow up with an email if they couldn't reach you.
My acceptance phone call from another school had no caller ID... You never know....

i wouldnt be suprised if someone from the admissions committee saw this thread and started laughing their head off

I just feel like getting the decision via call is more stressful. I would rather get an email

I just feel like getting the decision via call is more stressful. I would rather get an email
I disagree, becuase an email could also be a waitlist or rejection and you won't know until you open it. If they call you, you know you're in.

In terms of stress, rolling email with no heads up is the best. I remember playing smash brothers and then just checking my email to see if my christmas gifts from amazon had shipped and then I was like oh **** I got accepted.

At least we can chill between now and Monday morning because we know we won't hear anything...

Yeah the weekends are for stressing about game of thrones!

Hey all, I've been feeling antsy this whole last week, so I just wanted to take the time to send good vibes and juju to everyone. May this week be prosperous for y'all, and I'm hoping we all get good news about something if not about an acceptance. Also, praying for some sun this week because it's been raining like crazy where I'm at. Hope everyone has a good week!

Reactions: 13 users
Could today be the day? Let’s find out in a couple of hours

Is anyone a brave enough soul to call?

Reactions: 2 users
Ok
I’m probably going to get a lot of criticism fir this post, but I’ve always been one to express what I believe in . People should remember, this is NOT NYU. I got a rejection from NYU just like a lot of people, and a week later got an invitation to apply to this place. But, sorry, I’m not going to be duped by what this “school” is selling. From what I know and have read, anatomy is vital to medical school education, no matter what school or where. Plasticized anatomy models instead of cadaver dissections? No way a plastic model can replicate a human body, just like starting an IV in a model with those gorgeously bursting veins will never substitute for the satisfaction of starting one in a dehydrated drug addict with no palpable veins...
And if they can’t have a proper anatomy class, what else are you going to miss?
Are they going to cram basic science into one year? That’s a red flag to me. No thanks. And why would you sacrifice the opportunity to study or practice in ANY specialty after you’ve killed yourself for so long? Don’t be baited by the “NYU” name and the “free tuition”. You will sacrifice more than you ever dreamed of as far as learning opportunities are concerned.
Just my humble opinion.

They told us that models used to be real cadavers, but they are pre-dissected and preserved with something so that they last forever. I think its kind of like the displays at the bodies exhibit.

I'd like to believe that if 24 acceptances already went out, we would hear by now here. We've only got reports of one person so far being accepted and matriculating and about 2 others who've been accepted and their decision unknown so far. Going by that, I don't think they've rolled out the majority of their acceptances yet.