2018-2019 NYU Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
waitlisted, interviewed first week of april

Members don't see this ad.

Dear NYU, will you please accept me please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top?

Reactions: 1 users
hopping on the waitlist train with you guys, interviewed second week of april

Members don't see this ad :)
are they putting everyone on the waitlist or has anyone gotten rejected?

If you wrote a letter of intent to this school earlier, can you send them another one to them later to reaffirm your intent or that excessive?

Anyone from OB/GYN hear back anything?
Just got a rejection. Hopefully the seat goes to someone amazing! I thankfully have an acceptance at another school, but to others waiting on this school as it's only option, good luck to you all!

Do you think if we haven’t heard anything an acceptance is on the way? I can only hope

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted this morning for IM and I pulled myself off the waitlist a few hours later. Best of luck to all!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
For folks who are certain they do not want to go here and have received an acceptance or WL, PLEASE WITHDRAW AS SOON AS YOU CAN. Of course, if you are still deciding, take all the time the school allows to make an informed decision, but if you know you don't want to go here, please withdraw as soon as you have decided. Those of us who are waitlisted or have not heard yet are very, very anxiously waiting with our anxiety growing with each passing day. Thank you so much to those of you on this thread who promptly withdrew when they decided not to go here.

I sent them my grades from spring semester (screenshot of unofficial transcript). But other than that, I feel like I don't have any other updates. To those on the waitlist: are you guys sending them anything else?

Should I start looking for housing and take care of all that stuff at the other school I'll go to if I don't get off this waitlist or should I wait a week or two?

Should I start looking for housing and take care of all that stuff at the other school I'll go to if I don't get off this waitlist or should I wait a week or two?
I personally got housing and everything at my other school but if you wanna wait a week I don’t think it’ll hurt

This was tough but I am letting my A go. I am hoping it goes to someone who needs it!

Reactions: 1 users
For those accepted, do you have 5 days to decide if you have another acceptance?

Wow waitlisted! I thought I didn't think I did so well!

Reactions: 1 user
Also WL’d...for the 5th time. Happy to still have a chance though!

Yea I don’t understand why they’d interview and waitlist so many people for 24 spots. At this point they should just increase the class size

Yea I don’t understand why they’d interview and waitlist so many people for 24 spots. At this point they should just increase the class size
I don't think they can do that. They were probably approved for a certain class size by the LCME for their first class. Also, they are probably worried about their yield given their new status, the competitiveness of their applicants, and the new traffic rules, and are therefore playing it safe by waitlisting a large number of students.

Seems like we have a lot more fearmongering users on this thread than on Geisinger's previously.

Take all of these NEW accounts' posts with a grain of salt because the same thing happened on Geisinger's 2019 thread and people believed it was to deter people from attending and open up spots for the school.

Looking at you YHasaki

Hey guys I have been lurking around this thread for a while now, and I got my result back recently. I was doing some research on the school, and while at the interview they told they were accredited, LCME says they are only in prelims. http://lcme.org/directory/accredited-u-s-programs/

I have read some horror stories on SDN about medical schools losing their accreditation and the students have to reapply to other schools, many not getting in and having to redo their medical education, including the MCAT at that time. I always thought you were guaranteed admission at another school, but apparently not.

We also apparently don't get our own cadavers; we get the sloppy seconds of other students. Hearkening back to when I did dissections (they looked unusable), I don't see how useful that would be.

I think I am going to drop it, as it seems very high risk for a substandard education. If you become a doctor, you should be able to pay off any debts you have from med school tuition, so the free part doesn't really speak to me.

Reading about accreditation horror stories really spooked me.

• Angry
Lol KaioKaizen you can disagree with me if you want to, but really? You can't just talk about the positives of a school; this is supposed to be a place to critically analyze your options. That isn't fearmongering...

Also I am pretty sure I am not the only one who has said similar things in this thread alone. Is everyone discussing negatives about the school fearmongering now?

Lol KaioKaizen you can disagree with me if you want to, but really? You can't just talk about the positives of a school; this is supposed to be a place to critically analyze your options. That isn't fearmongering...

Also I am pretty sure I am not the only one who has said similar things in this thread alone. Is everyone discussing negatives about the school fearmongering now?

To each their own, maybe I'm too much of a cynic, but if you want to discuss the drawbacks of preliminary accreditation, I think Dr. Barlev detailed that pretty clearly when he said that NYULI had no outstanding disputable points during the LCME's visit while other, newly established schools typically have at least 1.

Regarding the plastinated cadavers, that's subjective.

I was waitlisted here, but fortunate enough to get accepted at another school. I was wondering what to do about finding roommates/apartments near the other school. I want to go ahead with plan b, but I'm reluctant to make any significant moves (like signing a lease) because I'm still waiting to hear back.

Is anyone in a similar situation?

Reactions: 3 users