May 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
hey y'all, lurker here. been following this thread. made an account so I could say that on Wednesday I got a no caller ID call at 5:20 but didn't answer and then my mom said that no caller id could be a doctor o_O

Jul 15, 2018
hey y'all, lurker here. been following this thread. made an account so I could say that on Wednesday I got a no caller ID call at 5:20 but didn't answer and then my mom said that no caller id could be a doctor o_O
If it was the school, they wouldn't have to hide their caller id. This is different from a doctor calling a patient about sensitive information. Also, they would follow up with an email if they couldn't reach you.

Oct 18, 2018
If it was the school, they wouldn't have to hide their caller id. This is different from a doctor calling a patient about sensitive information. Also, they would follow up with an email if they couldn't reach you.
My acceptance phone call from another school had no caller ID... You never know....

Embryo

2+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
In terms of stress, rolling email with no heads up is the best. I remember playing smash brothers and then just checking my email to see if my christmas gifts from amazon had shipped and then I was like oh **** I got accepted.

Reactions: confusedpremed12345
Mar 20, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Hey all, I've been feeling antsy this whole last week, so I just wanted to take the time to send good vibes and juju to everyone. May this week be prosperous for y'all, and I'm hoping we all get good news about something if not about an acceptance. Also, praying for some sun this week because it's been raining like crazy where I'm at. Hope everyone has a good week!

Oct 15, 2018
Ok
I’m probably going to get a lot of criticism fir this post, but I’ve always been one to express what I believe in . People should remember, this is NOT NYU. I got a rejection from NYU just like a lot of people, and a week later got an invitation to apply to this place. But, sorry, I’m not going to be duped by what this “school” is selling. From what I know and have read, anatomy is vital to medical school education, no matter what school or where. Plasticized anatomy models instead of cadaver dissections? No way a plastic model can replicate a human body, just like starting an IV in a model with those gorgeously bursting veins will never substitute for the satisfaction of starting one in a dehydrated drug addict with no palpable veins...
And if they can’t have a proper anatomy class, what else are you going to miss?
Are they going to cram basic science into one year? That’s a red flag to me. No thanks. And why would you sacrifice the opportunity to study or practice in ANY specialty after you’ve killed yourself for so long? Don’t be baited by the “NYU” name and the “free tuition”. You will sacrifice more than you ever dreamed of as far as learning opportunities are concerned.
Just my humble opinion.
They told us that models used to be real cadavers, but they are pre-dissected and preserved with something so that they last forever. I think its kind of like the displays at the bodies exhibit.

Reactions: capa55

Warmkittens

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I'd like to believe that if 24 acceptances already went out, we would hear by now here. We've only got reports of one person so far being accepted and matriculating and about 2 others who've been accepted and their decision unknown so far. Going by that, I don't think they've rolled out the majority of their acceptances yet.

Reactions: alysia.d

doctahdoctah2019

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2009
Status
I'd like to believe that if 24 acceptances already went out, we would hear by now here. We've only got reports of one person so far being accepted and matriculating and about 2 others who've been accepted and their decision unknown so far. Going by that, I don't think they've rolled out the majority of their acceptances yet.
I hope you’re right!

Ms. Incognito

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys! Long-time lurker here wishing the best to you all still waiting to hear back. The struggles are too real!!!

I'm looking to apply here next cycle and was wondering if this location requires CASPer? Couldn't find any info on this on their site. Thanks :)

DonFrancis95

2+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
If they haven't sent out an email announcing that decisions have been made thank you for applying etc. I would assume they have not finalized all spots. Meaning even if they sent out 24 acceptances there is still room for people who haven't heard anything to be accepted. The chance of being granted one of these seats- whether one of the remaining 24 or replacing someone who does not commit- of course decreases as time passes. We are all stressed and this is probably most of our dream program. Understand acceptance does not dictate your worth, in the realm of pre-med or otherwise, and beyond that just know there is still a chance. My thoughts on this at least- definitely been a stressful May, but all we can do is be positive and focus on our day to day! Congratulations to those who have been accepted and best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back!