Jul 15, 2018
Based on Dean Rivera's numbers, about 400 people are about to be hit with that fat R tomorrow all at once. Ladies and gentlemen, it's been a pleasure riding this ship with you. Like the Titantic band, I will keep playing as the ship is sinking.

Oct 17, 2018
New England
Status
Attending Physician
nah, it'd simply be med school R
correct.
The residency directors are not getting the fast-track applications until AFTER a particular student is accepted. And since most of the residencies are only accepting at most one student, most students who come off the waitlist will not be considered, as the residency PD's in each specialty will be likely making their final decisions before non-rolling March acceptances at HYPCC, etc. Of course, if one of these fast-track accepted students decides to go elsewhere, then a spot could open up in NYU fast-track programs. (Unlikely, but there will be superhero-type applicants who will hear in March from the non-rolling schools, and get financial aid and merit packages elsewhere that might make the NYU tuition deal moot. And someone with entire support system in another city, with a very good fin aid package in that city, might sanely choose that school over NYU).

Mar 17, 2018
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Medical Student
correct.
The residency directors are not getting the fast-track applications until AFTER a particular student is accepted. And since most of the residencies are only accepting at most one student, most students who come off the waitlist will not be considered, as the residency PD's in each specialty will be likely making their final decisions before non-rolling March acceptances at HYPCC, etc. Of course, if one of these fast-track accepted students decides to go elsewhere, then a spot could open up in NYU fast-track programs. (Unlikely, but there will be superhero-type applicants who will hear in March from the non-rolling schools, and get financial aid and merit packages elsewhere that might make the NYU tuition deal moot. And someone with entire support system in another city, with a very good fin aid package in that city, might sanely choose that school over NYU).

Lolol sorry if I wasn’t clear, I didn’t mean it literally. Was just joking. Also, there is an option to enter the 3-year MD after first year so you’re not shut out even if your the last one to get in off waitlist

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Dec 20, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Lolol sorry if I wasn’t clear, I didn’t mean it literally. Was just joking. Also, there is an option to enter the 3-year MD after first year so you’re not shut out even if your the last one to get in off waitlist

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Depends on if the current admitted students at the mo have been successfully accepted to the residency you want. Then there may not be spaces to apply in after first year

Jul 15, 2018
Common Thanos just snap your finger already...
Dean Rivera I don’t feel so good....
I find that whenever one group of people has to give another group of people bad news, Friday afternoons are usually the time of choice. That way the bearers of bad news can go home and enjoy the weekend while the unhappy recipients have a weekend to calm down and begin to move on..
NYU’s pre-II mass rejection happened on a Friday evening, so I expect the same here

Reactions: TempuraOreos

heybatterbatter

2+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Waitlisted. Any ideas how many people are placed on the waitlist?

LadyGlen

2+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Waitlisted. Didn't get an email, but checked the portal

Jan 25, 2019
Anybody know how the waitlist is organized? Is there any way to see a relative rank? Is that even a thing? Hard to imagine they’d look back at 300-400 (can it really be that big?!) applications every time a spot opened up...