2018-2019 NYU School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R ‍

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted. Didn't get an email, but checked the portal

Has anyone gotten accepted from 12/12 - 12/15?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
R - not really upset. I didnt really like the school, so I’m kinda glad I’m not in a situation where I would be pressured to go somewhere I don’t like because of financial reasons.

Reactions: 1 users
Dean Rivera said by my interview that he wouldn't be waitlisting many people, and if you got on the WL you have a real shot of being accepted

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody know how the waitlist is organized? Is there any way to see a relative rank? Is that even a thing? Hard to imagine they’d look back at 300-400 (can it really be that big?!) applications every time a spot opened up...

Contemplating calling and asking approximately how many people were placed on the WL

Reactions: 7 users
Anybody know how the waitlist is organized? Is there any way to see a relative rank? Is that even a thing? Hard to imagine they’d look back at 300-400 (can it really be that big?!) applications every time a spot opened up...
By height

Reactions: 7 users
Just got the fire WL. So does anyone know what the chances are of getting in? I already sent a letter of intent earlier this week.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

+1000000 for the waitlist. I'm still really excited about this school, looks like it'll be months more to wait.

Two waitlists in one day... oh well, what can you do.

Is it even worth applying to NYU with a 66 LM URM for next cycle? Seems like a crapshoot.

Just got the fire WL. So does anyone know what the chances are of getting in? I already sent a letter of intent earlier this week.

This is by my math, can't speak to its validity :laugh:
Dean Rivera said he expected a 60% yield and planned on placing approximately 1/3 of the interview group on the WL. With 92 MD slots, for a 60% yield, approximately 150 acceptances are handed out. 1/3 of the interview group is approximately 300-350 people. So there are an additional 50 slots (100 total sent out already) for 300-350 people, for a post WL acceptance rate of 14%

Is it even worth applying to NYU with a 66 LM URM for next cycle? Seems like a crapshoot.
If you have a stellar app outside of your stats and don't mind it potentially being a donation I would say go ahead. It's hard to say how strict they will be with URM. Unlike ORM high Stat applicants, there are only so many high Stat URMs, so 66 LM could still be considered at top schools if the rest of the app is top-notch

Waitlisted! Pleasantly surprised tbh. Dean Rivera said LOIs are pretty useless at NYU, right?
I think I remember him saying they were only useful if you were on the waitlist, so it might be worth a shot if it's your first choice!

Reactions: 1 users
This is by my math, can't speak to its validity :laugh:
Dean Rivera said he expected a 60% yield and planned on placing approximately 1/3 of the interview group on the WL. With 92 MD slots, for a 60% yield, approximately 150 acceptances are handed out. 1/3 of the interview group is approximately 300-350 people. So there are an additional 50 slots (100 total sent out already) for 300-350 people, for a post WL acceptance rate of 14%

I applaud you for being so thorough who knows hopefully both of us are a part of that 14!%

Just got placed on the waitlist. Though it might as well be an R, since I doubt any accepted student is gonna turn down free tuition. Then again, one can dream.

So did everyone who got the post interview hold email also get the WL?

Waitlisted... not really hoping for an acceptance at this point since it seems the waitlist pool is deep

Just got placed on the waitlist. Though it might as well be an R, since I doubt any accepted student is gonna turn down free tuition. Then again, one can dream.

Don't forget the accepted students that get free tuition else where as well due to scholarships.

So curious if any acceptance calls have gone out/are going out today
Last batch of acceptances went out last week. Today was all WL and R. Many of the accepted students however are the same ones who will be getting good fin aid and merit awards at other places, and may not find out about these other offers (including HYPCC) until Mid-march or later if from WL.