2018-2019 Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also wondering this
I called admissions earlier, and they said its not binding! you just have to do it to get access to submitting the jeff specific financial aid form, submitting the deposit, and other campus related stuff

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I called admissions earlier, and they said its not binding! you just have to do it to get access to submitting the jeff specific financial aid form, submitting the deposit, and other campus related stuff
thanks for checking!!!

So I have an acquaintance who's a physician and Jeff grad who wants to write me a letter. He seems to think that alumni can have significant pull at this school. I haven't worked with him in a clinical setting but have worked for him in other capacities and he knows my family well. Should I let him? Would I add the letter to my AMCAS and assign it to the school and would they somehow be notified that there was a new letter in my file? Or have him send the letter directly to them?
I was in a similar situation- he ended up writing me a recommendation and he emailed it to the dean of admissions and CCed the general admissions email. He just has to make sure he includes your AAMC ID on the letter as well. I called and told them to expect a letter from him for me and they emailed me when they received it to confirm.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Interviewed late October

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! Did you interview last week?

Haha relax, my interviewer told me they were backed up and it would be likely 2 weeks before us Halloweeners heard back

Finally under review. Complete 7/31.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like a lot of people going under review are LM 70 and below (at least from what I see with those who have their score posted).

Reactions: 3 users
Have been under review since early August and no response so far. LM 73, complete 8/1

Seems like a lot of people going under review are LM 70 and below (at least from what I see with those who have their score posted).
I think your observation may be correct. As I am LM70 and just got the under review box.

I think it seems like all the remaining apps went under review today unless there are people here without the tab still?

LM 69.4 and I just got the under review thing, too on the portal. Complete 9/9, but did anyone get an email? I only saw it when I checked this thread and logged into the portal

No idea if I had this "under review" box lol. Guess I'll join everyone else by saying that I got it as well. Doesn't seem to mean anything.

Under review here too! Complete July 26, LM 73.

I think they did a mass “under review” update to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 6 users
I haven't checked the portal in 5ever but I have the under review tab too lol. complete 9/13, OOS

I’m gonna go ahead and guess that everyone that was complete went to under review if they werent already

Rest assured for those who went into the "under review" stage today, know that we are now having our SAT scores closely scrutinized

Reactions: 25 users
Does SKMC only admit students on Wednesdays?
Wednesdays at 3pm EST yes.

Just got high priority waitlisted. :bigtears: Pretty disappointed, but hoping I can get off the waitlist in the future. Loved my interview day here- definitely the group of med students who were easiest/most fun to talk to.

Just withdrew my interview here. Hope it goes to one of you :)

Reactions: 4 users
Has Jeff given away any Rs yet?