2018-2019 Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back for hold/rejections yet? I'm wondering if I've been put on hold...

Complete end of July, "under review" showed up under "application complete" sometime in Sep I believe, and now it's just app complete again. Is anyone in the same boat?
Ooo...I didn't think it could do that. As far as I know, I haven't been placed under review yet on the portal, but maybe I was and didn't know!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard back for hold/rejections yet? I'm wondering if I've been put on hold...

Complete end of July, "under review" showed up under "application complete" sometime in Sep I believe, and now it's just app complete again. Is anyone in the same boat?

This just happened to me as well when I checked just now. Was complete 8/1 and under review since Sep, but "under review" message is gone since I checked today, but wasnt yesterday. I'm hoping it's a II and not a hold.

I have yet to receive the under review message. Complete mid-July.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
FWIW mine changed to under review sometime early September and still has that I'm under review on the portal

@Doctor Strange Does Jefferson accept a certain number of students per interview day (i.e. 50% of interviewees), or is the day on which you interview irrelevant to your chances of being accepted? Jeff's SDN threads from past years have suggested the former, but I just wanted to check. I'm asking because I feel like a majority of people who interview early (Sept-November) have really good stats, so if someone with "average" stats were to interview alongside them, they may be looked at as a weaker applicant compared to other applicants who interviewed the same day.

II just a little bit ago, complete July 20th-ish!

Reactions: 1 users
@Doctor Strange Does Jefferson accept a certain number of students per interview day (i.e. 50% of interviewees), or is the day on which you interview irrelevant to your chances of being accepted? Jeff's SDN threads from past years have suggested the former, but I just wanted to check. I'm asking because I feel like a majority of people who interview early (Sept-November) have really good stats, so if someone with "average" stats were to interview alongside them, they may be looked at as a weaker applicant compared to other applicants who interviewed the same day.
Jefferson does not accept a certain number of students per interview day. It is very fluid. Some interview days they accept a lot of students, and some they only accept a few. Your chances of being accepted are the same regardless of when you interview. Someone who interviews in March has an equal opportunity of getting in as someone who interviewed in September. And, once you get an interview the stats do not matter at that point. You were already selected to interview, and at that point they want to see who you are as a person. I hope that helps!

seems like theyre still at the end of july in terms of sending out interviews. makes me think they stratified apps and are now coming back to chronological

Members don't see this ad :)
seems like theyre still at the end of july in terms of sending out interviews. makes me think they stratified apps and are now coming back to chronological
Well not good ... I was complete on June 29th, I think .... I guess they skipped me

Accepted! Got a phone call, no portal change or email yet. Interviewed late sept.

Reactions: 9 users
Do you know what the rules are regarding how quickly you have to accept the offer? If you accept the offer now is it binding?
Not binding, you can hold multiple acceptances

Anyone else who interviewed back in September who hasn't heard back yet? Mentally preparing myself for a waitlist/rejection

Anyone else who interviewed back in September who hasn't heard back yet? Mentally preparing myself for a waitlist/rejection
Late September unterviewer here and still eagerly waiting! They told me it may take longer if your primary interviewer can't make a meeting, so I guess we need to be patient. I am hopeful we will all hear soon!

Just got waitlisted, interviewed 10/3. It was a very polite/encouraging email and it’s says I’m on the “High Priority” waitlist (not sure if there’s a not-high-priority waitlist or if this is just a nice way of phrasing it), and I’m hoping there’s still a chance? Does anyone know what their admit rate from the waitlist has been in the past?

Last edited:
Just got waitlisted, interviewed 10/3. It was a very polite/encouraging email and it’s says I’m on the “High Priority” waitlist (not sure if there’s a not-high-priority waitlist or if this is just a nice way of phrasing it), and I’m hoping there’s still a chance? Does anyone know what their admit rate from the waitlist has been in the past?
+1!

+1, mid-September interview

There is a non-high-priority waitlist as well! People on the high-priority waitlist typically have a better chance of getting in, but that doesn't mean that people who are put on the alternate list do not get in as well.

Just got waitlist email. Interviewed October. Pretty bummed. Says the waitlist is not ranked but have seen previous years say something about High Priority waitlist. Mine says Alternate. Reason to be more bummed or have they changed things?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok ... people are getting acceptances and I haven’t even heard ANYTHING since June 29th :)))) not good

Reactions: 7 users
What happens if you miss the call? Will they send an email too?

Congrats to everyone with their acceptances!

Interviewed here late September but silence.... mentally preparing myself for a rejection :(

congrats everyone on their acceptance. still waiting on an interview :/ complete 8/7 IS

Reactions: 4 users
Also, during the call, do they give instructions on how to reserve your spot in the class?
No, the call is typically to just tell you that you are in and to wish you congratulations! It is one of the best phone calls, though!

No, the call is typically to just tell you that you are in and to wish you congratulations! It is one of the best phone calls, though!
Awesome, but then how would we (praying I get that call) reserve our spot in the class?

I have been complete since 8/1 and it says my application is under review. But it has also been "under review" for over a month

Any pre-II rejections yet? When I applied in a previous cycle I got rejected about now...

complete 8/7 in state, silence. with it being my number 1 choice, im kinda bummed about it

I was complete very early August as well, but I'm OOS so I'm not too surprised, although still trying to stay hopeful because I really liked this school!

hi everyone, skmc student checking in here. i just wanted to mention that when i applied, i was complete in late july and did not get an interview until the last day in april.
don't freak out if you havent heard yet; this process makes no sense :') also get ready to buckle down because might be a long wait

Reactions: 21 users
hi everyone, skmc student checking in here. i just wanted to mention that when i applied, i was complete in late july and did not get an interview until the last day in april.
don't freak out if you havent heard yet; this process makes no sense :') also get ready to buckle down because might be a long wait
wow, just the thought of waiting that long seems insane. Thanks for putting it into perspective tho!

Hi! I heard that the adcom is really quick with decisions post-interview. If we interviewed within the past few weeks do you think we could possibly hear soon (i know youre not psychic but im really excited abt SKMC!)