2018-2019 Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! I heard that the adcom is really quick with decisions post-interview. If we interviewed within the past few weeks do you think we could possibly hear soon (i know youre not psychic but im really excited abt SKMC!)
yup you should heart back relatively quickly (2-4 weeks post-interview), unless your interviewer doesn't make it to meetings. glad you liked it and i hope you and everyone else gets in hehe

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
yup you should heart back relatively quickly (2-4 weeks post-interview), unless your interviewer doesn't make it to meetings. glad you liked it and i hope you and everyone else gets in hehe

Thanks for providing us with some insight! I interviewed back in mid-September and felt like everything went extremely well, but the silence is worrying me. My interviewer was a full-time clinician, so he did seem quite busy (he actually started off the interview by saying that he wasn't supposed to be interviewing due to time issues, and that he did not even get to read my application.) I was thrown off a little by his disclaimer but proceeded to have a good conversation with the interviewer. I wouldn't be surprised if the physician has no time to make it to the committee meeting...what happens in this case? Would the admissions committee still be able to make a decision?

Thanks for providing us with some insight! I interviewed back in mid-September and felt like everything went extremely well, but the silence is worrying me. My interviewer was a full-time clinician, so he did seem quite busy (he actually started off the interview by saying that he wasn't supposed to be interviewing due to time issues, and that he did not even get to read my application.) I was thrown off a little by his disclaimer but proceeded to have a good conversation with the interviewer. I wouldn't be surprised if the physician has no time to make it to the committee meeting...what happens in this case? Would the admissions committee still be able to make a decision?

In the same boat as you! Interviewed in September with a clearly busy physician.

No decision is made until the interviewer makes it to the committee meeting. I'm praying something clears up in his schedule and my interviewer has some free time to go to the meeting soon.

Reactions: 1 user
You will go on the portal to accept the invitation and they will later contact you about putting a $100 deposit down before April 30 to reserve your seat.

If you accept the invitation through the portal, is that binding? Or could you still choose to attend another school? (I’m asking even tho I dont have an acceptance yet lol)

Kind of an aside but I love the pro pic. "Hey everyone my name is Tai Lopez and I'm going to give you 3 quick ways to become a billionaire.. everyone can follow these easy steps"-Tai // "thanks tai"-me

Kind of an aside but I love the pro pic. "Hey everyone my name is Tai Lopez and I'm going to give you 3 quick ways to become a billionaire.. everyone can follow these easy steps"-Tai // "thanks tai"-me
Thanks. This is my next endeavor. My next video is going to be “here in my white coat, but you know what I like more than materialistic things? KNOWLEDGE. Here are 3 quick ways to become a doctor” coming soon

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you accept the invitation through the portal, is that binding? Or could you still choose to attend another school? (I’m asking even tho I dont have an acceptance yet lol)
Does anyone know the answer to this?

II here! OOS LM 71, complete 7/17!
Earliest date was in February...wish I could go sooner!
Also just sent them an update letter yesterday...guess they liked it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Wow .... February ... that’s crazy . I was complete on 6-29, haven’t heard from them yet . Something tells me it’s over for me .
same tho lmfao when are they gonna just reject us at this point! my status has never changed from complete yet doesn't say "interview not offered"

For the people who interviewed, how was your day? was the interview open/closed file?

So I have an acquaintance who's a physician and Jeff grad who wants to write me a letter. He seems to think that alumni can have significant pull at this school. I haven't worked with him in a clinical setting but have worked for him in other capacities and he knows my family well. Should I let him? Would I add the letter to my AMCAS and assign it to the school and would they somehow be notified that there was a new letter in my file? Or have him send the letter directly to them?

For the people who interviewed, how was your day? was the interview open/closed file?
It was one of my favorite interview days! Student interview was very casual and I could honestly see my interviewer being one of my friends. Lunch was AMAZING. Best lunch I’ve had. Faculty interview was open file, he had my AMCAS open during the interview. Cookie hour at the end was fun as well.

So I have an acquaintance who's a physician and Jeff grad who wants to write me a letter. He seems to think that alumni can have significant pull at this school. I haven't worked with him in a clinical setting but have worked for him in other capacities and he knows my family well. Should I let him? Would I add the letter to my AMCAS and assign it to the school and would they somehow be notified that there was a new letter in my file? Or have him send the letter directly to them?
Yes, do it. Have him send it directly to admissions or email Callahan directly.

ACCEPTED TO JEFFERSON!!!!! IM SO HYPED!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!! FLY EAGLES FLY!! TRUST THE PROCESS!! I WANT PHILLY PHILLY!! (Okay I’ll calm down now, but I’m really excited)

Reactions: 16 users
ACCEPTED TO JEFFERSON!!!!! IM SO HYPED!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!! FLY EAGLES FLY!! TRUST THE PROCESS!! I WANT PHILLY PHILLY!! (Okay I’ll calm down now, but I’m really excited)
Congrats!!! When did you interview?

Anyone conplete late august receive an II?

Complete since 8/1 as well but mine has never said under review, it just says application complete :/

Here is what my portal says

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 12.33.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 12.33.21 PM.png
    563.9 KB · Views: 371
Reactions: 6 users
I have also had that status since September. So I'm not exactly sure if it is meaningful.

Same 'App Complete' since 7/31. I'm sure they organize apps by highest stats --> lowest stats, or some other internal stratification process.

Same 'App Complete' since 7/31. I'm sure they organize apps by highest stats --> lowest stats, or some other internal stratification process.
Betting on some proprietary method of stratification. Complete 6/30 here. LM ~75

Mine was complete first week of August and I got my II a couple weeks ago

Stratified based on number of times applicants view this thread. Most view=least priority.

/s

Reactions: 9 users
does anyone know if "confirming your enrollment" actually means you are committing to jeff? as in, must drop other offers bc you are definitely going there?

EDIT: i don't mean accepting their offer on the portal, this is a separate email about 2 weeks after accepting the offer that mentions stuff about campus key etc.

does anyone know if "confirming your enrollment" actually means you are committing to jeff? as in, must drop other offers bc you are definitely going there?

EDIT: i don't mean accepting their offer on the portal, this is a separate email about 2 weeks after accepting the offer that mentions stuff about campus key etc.
Also wondering this