2018-2019 Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
the website says that interviews take place through April...if this is true, do many of us still have a good shot at getting one?!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
the website says that interviews take place through April...if this is true, do many of us still have a good shot at getting one?!

Current MS1 here, for me when I got my interview invite in late March, I was reassured that they leave some seats open, because they know they interview until April. I also interviewed on the very last interview day and was not placed on the waitlist. I am not saying this always happens for everyone, I am just letting you know all hope is not lost. Good luck!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate? And also once you get an interview are stats still important or are they mainly judging you as a person at that point?
Once you get the interview it is more about seeing past the statistics and judging you as a person!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II interview today!!! IS, with many ties to Jeff, this is my number 1 and I am SO excited

Edit: several interview spots open!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 8 users
II interview today!!! IS, with many ties to Jeff, this is my number 1 and I am SO excited

Edit: several interview spots open!!

Congrats! When were you completed? And what months were the interview dates in?

Last edited:
I have an interview in about a month. Any advice?

Current MS1 here! The interview day is really chill. Just be yourself and don’t forget to stick to who you are. But also, be sure to showcase how you would fit into Jefferson and how you envision yourself there. The student interviews are also very chill so don’t worry about it! PM me if you (or anyone else) needs anything else!

Reactions: 1 users
So happy to be accepted here! It feels like all the work to get here paid off finally! For any current students, is the $100 deposit refundable or not and is it really not due until April without worrying about losing the spot? Or should it be put down sooner?

So happy to be accepted here! It feels like all the work to get here paid off finally! For any current students, is the $100 deposit refundable or not and is it really not due until April without worrying about losing the spot? Or should it be put down sooner?

When did you hear back? When did you interview? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected yesterday

Rejected pre-II just now through email.
Submitted around late June.
Sent an update letter on October.
LizzyM 67 OOS

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
R pre II LM 71 comp mid August

Even got my MD letter from one of their doctors T.T

I have multiple Jefferson MD letters on my app and the bulk of my hours/experiences have taken place at Jeff. I've spent so much time at SKMC that I saw an interview group for like the 4th time today haha. Yet, they're the only philly school (minus penn) that has not invited me to interview lol. The whole application process is such a crap-shoot :confused:

Reactions: 4 users
How steadily are they sending out pre-II rejections? Complete closer to the end of July and still haven't heard anything

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted a few hours earlier today by phone! Interviewed last week :)

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted via phone call today! Definitely my top choice! Interviewed mid-December.

Reactions: 2 users
Been on radio silence since late August :(

I have multiple Jefferson MD letters on my app and the bulk of my hours/experiences have taken place at Jeff. I've spent so much time at SKMC that I saw an interview group for like the 4th time today haha. Yet, they're the only philly school (minus penn) that has not invited me to interview lol. The whole application process is such a crap-shoot :confused:

Hey, same here. I've been doing research here full time all year, interviewed there last year, multiple Jeff MD letters... Obviously my number 1. I pass the interview group every Wednesday morning and give them all thumbs ups through the window while I walk by lol. They're right where I wanna be. Still haven't heard anything. What a terrible process

When I interviewed they said they take roughly 70 people off the waitlist.

Hey, same here. I've been doing research here full time all year, interviewed there last year, multiple Jeff MD letters... Obviously my number 1. I pass the interview group every Wednesday morning and give them all thumbs ups through the window while I walk by lol. They're right where I wanna be. Still haven't heard anything. What a terrible process
did u interview at drexel? Wondering if i might know you

did anyone who interviewed dec 12 recieve a decision yet?

So far I don't know of anyone who got accepted from that day. I interviewed that day too (maybe we met!). I'm a bit salty that Jeff accepted people from like a week ago and is keeping us hanging.

Interviewing in a few weeks, local applicant and I would LOVE to attend and stay in the area! Jeff is my hands down number 1 choice, any tips for the interview?

1/3) Location and community. Center City Philadelphia is quite simply a fantastic place to live, and I was very sad to leave. Things are relatively cheap compared to other large cities, and the public transportation system is very functional. You definitely have enough time to take full advantage of the stuff to do around the city. I still refer to it as "Jeff."

2) A large class means that you can usually find a group of people you click with. It doesn't really cause problems when getting things like letters as you typically ask for them during or soon after a rotation.

4) Ortho and ophtho are our biggies.

Diversity essay is fine. Most students live within ten blocks from the school.

Do you find that Jeff’s ortho and optho numbers are solid because they set people up for STEP1 + match really well, or that Jeff students are very independently motivated to do well on STEP?

Do you find that Jeff’s ortho and optho numbers are solid because they set people up for STEP1 + match really well, or that Jeff students are very independently motivated to do well on STEP?

Jefferson has an outstanding eye institute. #2 in the United States by some metrics. More people applying to ophthy is another reason for greater numbers in addition to step scores

Choosing Ophthalmology Programs :: The University of Iowa, Ophthalmology

Do you all feel that no contact to this point is basically a silent R? I am deciding whether or not to take organic chemistry lab this sem solely off of SKMC’s requirements but I am also doubtful I will be given an interview this late in the cycle.

Do you all feel that no contact to this point is basically a silent R? I am deciding whether or not to take organic chemistry lab this sem solely off of SKMC’s requirements but I am also doubtful I will be given an interview this late in the cycle.
Jeff interviews through April -- that's a really late cycle. Interviews are still flowing out, especially at the schools that interview as late as Jeff and as applicants withdraw from their IIs following preferred acceptances. There's no way to know whether you'll receive an interview, but there's definitely still hope if you haven't received an R (some applicants already have from SKMC). Hope this helps!

Reactions: 8 users
do they still allow additional letters of rec?

Does anyone know if the alternate list is the same thing as the waitlist?

Does anyone know if the alternate list is the same thing as the waitlist?
Last year I was placed on the high priority waitlist and my understanding was that there was a high priority waitlist and an alternate list, which are 2 different things. I'm not sure if it's the same this year though.

Im going to submit an update and a new LOR, any idea when they're scheduling interviews right now's?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk