2018-2019 Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I didn't interview, and I haven't heard a peep from the school, can I safely assume this is a rejection?

In the same boat. Looks like it is an R. I think their last interview dates are next week...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
How often are scholarships given? I heard Jeff doesn't give much

Members don't see this ad :)
IIRC, at my interview day they said merit scholarships are only given for 3rd and 4th year.
Ok, thanks. definitely turns me off from the school but I will still look into the school

How often should I send in update letters/LOI? I already sent one a few weeks ago and was just put on the HPWL two weeks ago. I just do not want to seem overwhelming and have that hurt my chances.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the start date for orientation?
It looks like it's started mid/late July in the past

Does anyone know the start date for orientation?
It looks like it's started mid/late July in the past

Orientation starts July 22nd from 8:30am until 12:00pm at JAH. White Coat Ceremony is July 26th.

Anyone know how the student interview is weighted vs the faculty? I definitely felt my student interview felt more formal than I expected. Wasn't as strong an interview either lol

Anyone know how the student interview is weighted vs the faculty? I definitely felt my student interview felt more formal than I expected. Wasn't as strong an interview either lol
Faculty and student interview count equally

Reactions: 1 users
R just now (lol) pre-II, was complete nine (!!!!!!!!) months ago.
Staying in NY, tho. Cheers to you folks waiting!

Pre II R. Lowkey wish schools would stop plugging their masters programs in rejection emails.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dear SDN,
Lightning has struck. I've also been rejected pre-II by Jefferson.

Kuzy, signing off

Last edited:
Is the form at the bottom of the rejection email for feedback on our applications or for info about other grad programs?

R today! Complete in Summer for Jeff!

Best luck to you all that will continue your med studies here (and to all you waiting), I shall be somewhere else :)

Accepted!! just got the call now, interviewed last week - beyond happy!!! this school seems amazing :)

Reactions: 6 users
Just Accepted (Phone call at ~2:20)! Top choice, first acceptance, feel like i'm on another planet right now thanks to all on this forum who helped out so much! Interviewed two weeks ago, sent an LOI one day after interview, 3 updates pre-interview invite.

Reactions: 6 users
Just accepted via email!! No call as of yet, but got the email like 2 mins ago. Over the moon right now!! Interviewed last week, LM ~70

Are we thinking that if we weren’t accepted one week post-Interview that it’s automatically a waitlist/rejection?

Accepted! Got a call 2 hours ago from Dr. Callahan. Interviewed 2 weeks ago!

Posted this last week too (lol) - Anybody else who interviewed 03/06 still not hear anything?

Hi! does anyone have details on the second look day? i saw someone posted that it'll be on the 18th of april, but does anyone know what time it starts/ends? has info for it been sent out already or are we all waiting on the details?

Hi! does anyone have details on the second look day? i saw someone posted that it'll be on the 18th of april, but does anyone know what time it starts/ends? has info for it been sent out already or are we all waiting on the details?
From what I've heard it starts at 3:30 on Thursday and 8:30 on Friday and it ends at 3:30 on Friday. I've heard it's basically more in-depth info of what you learn at the Interview. Dr. Callahan sent an email about it last month but that's all of the communication I've heard thusfar. There's a banger that they have on thursday night too. I wish I could go (already have travel plans for Easter which is that weekend), but my friend said that you won't be missing too much if you can't make it!

From what I've heard it starts at 3:30 on Thursday and 8:30 on Friday and it ends at 3:30 on Friday. I've heard it's basically more in-depth info of what you learn at the Interview. Dr. Callahan sent an email about it last month but that's all of the communication I've heard thusfar. There's a banger that they have on thursday night too. I wish I could go (already have travel plans for Easter which is that weekend), but my friend said that you won't be missing too much if you can't make it!
thank you! yea i have easter weekend plans as well but i was trying to see if i could fit in attending on the thursday at least (i assumed it would be during the morning/early afternoon). looks like i wont be able to either! glad i won't be missing too much, thanks again :)

thank you! yea i have easter weekend plans as well but i was trying to see if i could fit in attending on the thursday at least (i assumed it would be during the morning/early afternoon). looks like i wont be able to either! glad i won't be missing too much, thanks again :)
All the info is Friday starting at 8:30, Thursday night is really just meeting people and dinner. Have to get a hotel also if you go both days. I am just going Friday..

Posted this last week too (lol) - Anybody else who interviewed 03/06 still not hear anything?
Replied to you last week too (lol x2) and I still haven't heard :/ Any chance we had the same interviewer and they've just been MIA? (just wishful thinking haha)

Wouldn't they just waitlist/reject you if they didn't like how you interviewed? I really think your interviewer just hasn't been able to attend the meeting :)

Replied to you last week too (lol x2) and I still haven't heard :/ Any chance we had the same interviewer and they've just been MIA? (just wishful thinking haha)

I interviewed this week and they said everyone who has not heard a decision will hear back on 4/17.

They are not releasing decisions on 4/10- hope that's helpful!

Ah, makes perfect sense. I wonder if they'll have to rush to get through all the remaining applicants on 4/17 :(

I was on HPWL since October 2017 in the 2017-18 cycle.
While waiting till the end of 2017-18 cycle, for a call of acceptance (eventually rejected in July 2018), I completed Jefferson MPH LEAP in July 2018 with the highest possible OGPA.
After the rejection, I reapplied 2018-19 cycle, secondary completed 2018 August. Sent 2 updates.
Sadly, did not even interviewed in 2018-2019 !!! and finally rejected on Wednesday. Very surprised / shocked and disturbed.
(I am not sure if the Jeff. MPH LEAP did diminish my chances?)
Good luck to those who are still waiting for their results of interview.

Last edited:
just curious.....when you originally inquired did they say they dont give merit until years 2-4? Did they say they would have Financial Aid take a second look? Because thats the response I got when I emailed about it very recently.

I'm just a bit confused. They clearly state that no merit is available till years 2-4, which the dean reiterated in her email to me. I also have scholarships to other schools that I informed her of and she just asked Financial aid to take another look....am i missing something here?

Did you send her copies of your other offers?

I'm just a bit confused. They clearly state that no merit is available till years 2-4, which the dean reiterated in her email to me. I also have scholarships to other schools that I informed her of and she just asked Financial aid to take another look....am i missing something here?

hey! i tried to DM you (and couldn't), think you could message me?

Im not really sure about their policies or anything like that. I just reached out and sent copies of my other scholarships at other schools and a few days later received their merit offer. Wish I could tell you more

Im not really sure about their policies or anything like that. I just reached out and sent copies of my other scholarships at other schools and a few days later received their merit offer. Wish I could tell you more
did you send this to the dean?