2018-2019 Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi does anyone know if jefferson wants us to include parents information in our FAFSA?
Yes they want income taxes from your parents and other info... Call Financial Aid

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
We were told that they have spots saved for the people who interviewed in March/April. They wouldn't need to wait for Second Look Day if that is the case...

Was recently accepted but never recieived any information about second look, anyone have the details?

Was recently accepted but never recieived any information about second look, anyone have the details?
I would call them, its this Thursday late afternoon into Friday afternoon... Friday starts at 8;30am till like 3pm. You had to RSVP and give them information.

I would call them, its this Thursday late afternoon into Friday afternoon... Friday starts at 8;30am till like 3pm. You had to RSVP and give them information.
Oh wow, luckily I'm in philly already so at least travel isn't a concern. Thanks for the heads up!

Jeff will be making all final decisions today

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Because AMCAS’s choose your medical school tool says you can no longer hold more than 3 acceptances and some people may have withdrawn, does anyone know if there may be waitlist movement here today?

Reactions: 3 users
Maybe the meeting was longer since there wasn’t one last week

I think introp445 might be right

They should just have an online portal and release decisions on it. This waiting for phone calls is way too stressful.

I think introp445 might be right

They should just have an online portal and release decisions on it. This waiting for phone calls is way too stressful.
Or maybe we are all doomed.....

But then again, applying to medical school is annoying

They told us to expect some sort of decision today. I'd take that at face value. If not, we're effectively waitlisted. Which is kinda sad.

They told us to expect some sort of decision today. I'd take that at face value. If not, we're effectively waitlisted. Which is kinda sad.
I feel like we’ll hear something, no? If we’re waitlisted I’d like to think they’d tell us. Who knows. I too am a n x i o u s :/

Amazing! Congratulations!!!!

Tell us if your portal is updated

Just received an email for HPWL
Does anyone know if there is a regular wait list or is everyone placed on high priority?

Reactions: 1 users
Has everyone received HPWL emails?

There is an alternate WL (lower priority) but most people seem to be HPWL

Nothing. Probably going person by person...

If we don't hear back before 5 we're probably doomed. Unless they're going to stay in the office longer today

Haha, that would be good for us wouldn't it?

If they are making calls in alphabetical order I would probably be towards the end...

Got the call. Excited for this school!

Reactions: 3 users
Was hoping there might be some HPWL movement today but it looks like there wasn't.. Back to waiting and hoping that enough people turn down their acceptances and I can get in because SKMC is my top choice.

Interviewed March 27, got the acceptance call a little over an hour ago. Top choice!!! Thanks to everyone on this thread I’ve silently relied on for support!

Portal and amcas account both have not updated yet, not sure if they’ll update today. Anyone know when to expect the update?

Reactions: 1 users