2018-2019 Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really praying there's more waitlist movement :/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I’m on four waitlists with no acceptances but this is by far my first choice so I’m just anxiously waiting

My friend got off the waitlist 3 years ago after continually showing interest with updates/LOI

Reactions: 2 users
VERY begrudgingly withdrawing my A today. Hope it goes to someone who loves the program as much as I do

Reactions: 4 users
I also have no other acceptances. I wonder whether they will consider that when making decisions.

Reactions: 1 user
Doesn't look like any calls went out today. Maybe they're keeping to the Wednesday schedule?

I looked back on previous threads before I was accepted and the waitlist calls seemed to be on random days. I remember reading some where the dean actually called on the weekend. So it could come any time!

Reactions: 3 users
Was placed on the HPWL in late March. I sent thank you letters, update letters and an LOI, but never received a response from anyone. This was a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. Has anyone also had the same situation?

Hoping to hear soon, but am just tired of waiting...

Members don't see this ad :)
Was placed on the HPWL in late March. I sent thank you letters, update letters and an LOI, but never received a response from anyone. This was a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. Has anyone also had the same situation?

Yeah, I've been on the HPWL since December - sent update letters and an LOI, still on the HPWL. You at least got confirmation they got your letters right?

Yeah, I've been on the HPWL since December - sent update letters and an LOI, still on the HPWL. You at least got confirmation they got your letters right?

Yeah, just the automatic confirmation email from the adcom email. Neither Dean Callahan nor my faculty interviewer responded though

I’ve done the same thing and I get the generic automatic response from the admissions office. I’ve also copied Dean Callahan on some emails and she responds about half the time.

I’ve done the same thing and I get the generic automatic response from the admissions office. I’ve also copied Dean Callahan on some emails and she responds about half the time.
I seem to get a response to every update from her. Also HPWL late Feb. People who heard back this week, how was their communication back with you?

Hope all the rest of you who are waiting at least have someplace else to go!

You should definitely get off at least one of them!

I hope the people who already have offers from other places don't push as hard to get off the waitlist.

You should definitely get off at least one of them!

I hope the people who already have offers from other places don't push as hard to get off the waitlist.
Thanks for the support! I hope you’re right

I seem to get a response to every update from her. Also HPWL late Feb. People who heard back this week, how was their communication back with you?

I got a response from Dr Callahan once but because I specifically asked a question/said stuff to her on the email and attached my letter. The second time I sent it to her as well and to the committee email and just got an automated email. So I wouldn’t think too much of it if you didn’t ‘request’ an answer of some sort in your email

Does anyone know if the class size is full? Doesn't seem like many people dropped their acceptances from here.

Does anyone know if the class size is full? Doesn't seem like many people dropped their acceptances from here.
I think the whole situation with these new rules means that the admissions Committee doesn’t even know if the class is full so all we can do as applicants is guess.

I think the whole situation with these new rules means that the admissions Committee doesn’t even know if the class is full so all we can do as applicants is guess.

Yeah when I spoke to them they didnt even know what was going to happen...

Well some people are Planning to Commit but still have all their waitlist schools. So if they include those people and they dont withdraw until they get into one of their waitlists schools it could take quite awhile.

I called admissions to see if I could get any information about the status of admissions and she didn't tell me anything. I honestly don't understand how waitlist movement can even happen at this point if they already offered spots to people on the HPWL last week...This cycle has been brutal, that's for sure. Praying for a call so I can pursue my dream at my dream school.

I called admissions to see if I could get any information about the status of admissions and she didn't tell me anything. I honestly don't understand how waitlist movement can even happen at this point if they already offered spots to people on the HPWL last week...This cycle has been brutal, that's for sure. Praying for a call so I can pursue my dream at my dream school.
Did they say anything related to how many seats are full right now and if there is going to be WL movement?

Did they say anything related to how many seats are full right now and if there is going to be WL movement?
No, unfortunately. She said what we all know - Dr. Callahan and the ad com make the decisions and we should show continued interest.

Based on the other waitlist thread (the one that isn't school specific), it seems like there will be movement much later because of how much confusion exists...

I was under the impression that there would be some WL movement today b/c Wednesday *sigh*

Reactions: 1 users
Based on the other waitlist thread (the one that isn't school specific), it seems like there will be movement much later because of how much confusion exists...
I don’t see why there is so much confusion on their part. Kids should be down to one school by now

I don’t see why there is so much confusion on their part. Kids should be down to one school by now
That’s what you’d think but there’s no rule that requires that-it’s literally just a suggestion
Check out the general waitlist thread there’s plenty of explanation there

Where’s the best place (website and location) to find affordable living near campus? Any help is appreciated.

Yes one school, people select "Plan to Enroll" they keep all their waitlists though... if they get off waitlist to a school that they like better they can take it and then withdraw from the plan to enroll school.

Hi, how do I join the accepted student facebook page? I requested a week ago and still havent been approved

For people who got off the WL, did you guys have prior acceptances beforehand?

Can anyone that’s heard back from SKMC financial aid, please comment on their generosity?

Can anyone that’s heard back from SKMC financial aid, please comment on their generosity?
For me personally, my expected family contribution was higher than I would have liked

Interviewed in Feb, put on HPWL.

I’ve submitted Letter of Intent in February, and gave an update reiterating Jeff is my #1... any movement on the waitlist yet?

Interviewed in Feb, put on HPWL.

I’ve submitted Letter of Intent in February, and gave an update reiterating Jeff is my #1... any movement on the waitlist yet?
It looks like four or five people on here have gotten off the waitlist