2018-2019 SUNY - Downstate

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Would anyone who already interviewed mind telling me around what time interview day concludes? I have a morning interview and am trying to book a return flight the same day
Hey! so I had a morning interview too and I believe I finished at around 1:30 pm or so, and that was because I chose to go speak with the financial aid office after the tour/lunch.
 
Have a good feeling about today...two weeks exactly since the last wave of acceptances, and today is definitively late January/early February
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have a good feeling about today...two weeks exactly since the last wave of acceptances, and today is definitively late January/early February
I contacted them and they told me they haven’t made a decision about my application and I was done by Oct 10 with both interviews
 
I contacted them and they told me they haven’t made a decision about my application and I was done by Oct 10 with both interviews

Ah interesting to hear! Yeah I assumed what happened two weeks ago was they sent out their for sure decisions and now those of us who didn’t hear are in a rereview pile and the decision will depend on how many people accept their spots/how the dec-feb interviews go. They said we’d hear by end of Jan early feb so I assume they’d tell us if we were waitlisted/rejected if that had already been decided...

Did they give any indication of when you would hear? I’m in a similar boat
 
Ah interesting to hear! Yeah I assumed what happened two weeks ago was they sent out their for sure decisions and now those of us who didn’t hear are in a rereview pile and the decision will depend on how many people accept their spots/how the dec-feb interviews go. They said we’d hear by end of Jan early feb so I assume they’d tell us if we were waitlisted/rejected if that had already been decided...

Did they give any indication of when you would hear? I’m in a similar boat
They didn’t say anything but they told me that I would be notified in writing once a decision is made
 
Lol, so "Once we make a decision, we'll let you know our decision. We have yet to decide what our decision is."
Lol basically. This is what they sent: "A decision to change the status of your application has not yet been reached. You will be notified in writing once a decions has been rendered."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's pretty ridiculous that I got two more rejection e-mails after I already got rejected three times yesterday lol. I guess they must keep reminding me that I am not part of their incoming class.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*still unrejected applicant sends update letter to try to stop what appears to be an inevitable wave of rejections from one particular school*
 
*still unrejected applicant sends update letter to try to stop what appears to be an inevitable wave of rejections from one particular school*

Did you send one? I would like to, but the secondary completion email says “Please do not submit any additional materials unless you receive a request from the Student Admissions Office to do so.”
 
Did you send one? I would like to, but the secondary completion email says “Please do not submit any additional materials unless you receive a request from the Student Admissions Office to do so.”

If you search through this thread, many people have submitted updates. Someone even called I think to ask and the admissions office said that they were OK but whether or not it would help or hurt you is a separate thing. I am thinking that I might as well do everything in my power to increase chances at all of the schools that I have yet to hear from (especially those that have been rejecting applicants in waves routinely but I haven't been rejected yet). We are getting close to the end, and I don't want to have any "maybe if I had done X" thoughts at the end.

Also, my update helps the weakest link of my application so I can't see how it would hurt me. To each their own though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So... what if we have not received anything. no II, no R... kind of just want the R to narrow the list haha. Anyone else in this boat with me?
Same boat! Complete mid to late August. I think it either means we could get a late II or they’ll just put us down in February lol
 
Same boat! Complete mid to late August. I think it either means we could get a late II or they’ll just put us down in February lol
What kind of applicant are you? NY resident? I'm OOS (from the south), barely above median stats, live in PA currently