2018-2019 SUNY - Downstate

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all. I guess this means the rest of us will be on Hold for Spring Consideration. Do they do post II Reject?
I think you're being a tad bit pessimistic. Mostly everyone that got accepted interviewed in September and remember the committee does a final review after the peer to peer is complete which impacted the order of apps.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you're being a tad bit pessimistic. Mostly everyone that got accepted interviewed in September and remember the committee does a final review after the peer to peer is complete which impacted the order of apps.

Agree! Said we’d hear by end of Jan/early feb so I doubt they sent all of the acceptances only today
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to the MD/MPH program at this school and I just got accepted to the MPH program but have not received an interview from the MD program... Does anyone know why this happened? Are the two programs completely independent of each other to the point where I can get accepted to one and rejected from another?? v confused haha
 
I applied to the MD/MPH program at this school and I just got accepted to the MPH program but have not received an interview from the MD program... Does anyone know why this happened? Are the two programs completely independent of each other to the point where I can get accepted to one and rejected from another?? v confused haha

Hey, same here! I'm not sure on what to do... should we send an update? I really want to go to Downstate. Still no interview! 😳
 
Last edited:
I applied to the MD/MPH program at this school and I just got accepted to the MPH program but have not received an interview from the MD program... Does anyone know why this happened? Are the two programs completely independent of each other to the point where I can get accepted to one and rejected from another?? v confused haha

So I was actually thinking of doing the MPH at Downstate if this cycle didn't work out (and if I got into Downstate I was strongly considering the MPH as well) -- I haven't heard back yet though. Long story short, when I spoke to the MPH admissions, they told me that the MPH acceptance is contingent on an MD acceptance first. But anything is possible - maybe they split your app up for some reason. I'd email or call and ask.