Oct 23, 2018
Has everyone on the alternate list received confirmation from Downstate that your response has been received?
Yes, but it took over a week for me to get that response. After around 5 days of silence, I called and someone was able to confirm that my email response was received so they were just backed up on their end. You could do the same; it made me feel better to know they had gotten my email!

Reactions: Doctor Jones
Apr 6, 2018
Are we expecting movement from the alt list right on 5/1 (for 4/30), or will they take a week or two to sort through things before anything happens? Does anyone know what it was like last year?

Reactions: sciencegladiator
Jul 6, 2017
Are we expecting movement from the alt list right on 5/1 (for 4/30), or will they take a week or two to sort through things before anything happens? Does anyone know what it was like last year?
From last year’s thread it looks like acceptances started about a week into May. However, it looks like they were also accepting people in early April so I don’t know if we can make any assumptions on how this year will go.

Jul 22, 2018
Keep in mind this year has new aamc rules about how to handle acceptances and whatnot so how schools conduct themselves is gonna be totally different than years prior

Nov 4, 2018
Hi- could someone help me out- how exactly do you withdraw from SD? And if it needs the secondary portal, can someone DM the link to me, please?

eatlovemed

2+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2017
Also accepted off the waitlist via email. Does anyone know whether it is allowed to remain on other waitlists? The offer asks to get off them so I'm not sure what to think...

Jul 6, 2017
Accepted people, have you selected “plan to enroll” elsewhere or is this your first acceptance? I’m wondering if they would prefer to accept people who aren’t holding other acceptances, even though you obviously have to if you have one at this point.

Dec 18, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Also accepted off the waitlist via email. Does anyone know whether it is allowed to remain on other waitlists? The offer asks to get off them so I'm not sure what to think...
If you change your status to ‘Plan to Enroll’ to SUNY Downstate they’ll be able to see if you’re on any other waitlists since it’s after April 31st I’m pretty sure but not sure what they would do about it

sciencemrwhite

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Accepted people, have you selected “plan to enroll” elsewhere or is this your first acceptance? I’m wondering if they would prefer to accept people who aren’t holding other acceptances, even though you obviously have to if you have one at this point.
I selected plan to enroll at another school before 4/30

Reactions: DontTradOnMe

eatlovemed

2+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2017
If you change your status to ‘Plan to Enroll’ to SUNY Downstate they’ll be able to see if you’re on any other waitlists since it’s after April 31st I’m pretty sure but not sure what they would do about it
I'm thinking it might be okay since they don't specify choosing "commit to enroll". Gonna give them a call anyways.

Reactions: shorty.
Jan 22, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Did anyone else still just never receive confirmation after sending in their alternate list form?

Apr 6, 2018
Do we know if this waitlist is ranked? Does interviewing late bode poorly/interviewing early bode well??

Dec 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Do we know if this waitlist is ranked? Does interviewing late bode poorly/interviewing early bode well??
It's probably ranked, but not necessarily based on interview date. People here who interviewed in March have gotten off the waitlist while there are still people who interviewed in January/February and are still on the waitlist.