2018-2019 SUNY Upstate Medical University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. We were told to submit updates ASAP following our interview day

I thought i remembered them saying only a few sentences within an email...is that true? Or could we send a pdf ?

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you guys upload anything to the portal? There's no option anywhere.

It's been a while for me but after you interview there should be an option that opens up to add an update below your interview information

Reactions: 1 user

it's right below the "processed applications" block. Written in red (see screenshot). Note that I already interviewed so it might be different. If you can't upload it, I called admissions today and they said you can email it to the general admissions email address. Just make sure to include your AMCAS ID. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 3.12.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 3.12.53 PM.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 142
Does anyone know when acceptance letters will be coming out? My son interviewed 8 weeks ago...

Do you guys think there is still a chance for getting II or is it over already? I was put on hold in Dec.

My son got on the high priority waiting list. Do you think he has a chance of getting in? They do not take LOI....

Do you guys think there is still a chance for getting II or is it over already? I was put on hold in Dec.

There is probably still a chance at a II but be warned (from my limited knowledge) that interviews this late in the cycle for SUNY upstate are probably for a spot on the HP waitlist. I’m sure some get accepted too but for the most part you are probably interviewing for a waitlist position.

Members don't see this ad :)
My son got on the high priority waiting list. Do you think he has a chance of getting in? They do not take LOI....

The high priority list sees much more movement closer to May, when people rescind their acceptance to go elsewhere. I think your best bet would be to have him contact Upstate to potentially answer any application-specific questions he may have. They do accept updates so anything added could be beneficial.

Any accepted students know when all the medical forms have to be in? I haven't had a chance to set up my student health portal yet

Anyone know if any acceptances have gone out recently? Based on this thread, seems like they haven’t really released any in over a month

Reactions: 3 users
why there is lag for peer student interview? dragging everything very very slow? any idea?

Do any current students have any thoughts on what it might be like to attend Upstate OOS with no friends/family in the area?
The people here are so friendly and nice. You'll find a friend group pretty quickly. I would recommend living in Geneva and going to class the first semester. If you do that, I think you'll have a good amount of social support.

Is anyone able to view FAFSA financial aid information on their MyUpstate portal? / If so, where?

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear a decision? I interviewed end of January. Thanks!

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear a decision? I interviewed end of January. Thanks!
They told me 4-6 weeks but I’m on week 8 now so who knows. Seems like they haven’t released any acceptances in a while

Reactions: 2 users
I'm thinking of reaching out to admissions this week and when I get an answer I will post in here :)
I emailed the financial aid office a little while ago and they said the packages will be out by the end of March. It comes up on a separate tab in MyUpstate when it's available to view :)

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone that interviewed in January heard back yet? Thinking about giving the admissions office a call, as they said we should hear back in 5 weeks.

Has anyone that interviewed in January heard back yet? Thinking about giving the admissions office a call, as they said we should hear back in 5 weeks.
I got in touch with them a couple weeks ago and they said to expect a decision very soon. My portal cleared today so I'm guessing we will hear back this week. Best of luck

Interviewed early Jan btw

I got in touch with them a couple weeks ago and they said to expect a decision very soon. My portal cleared today so I'm guessing we will hear back this week. Best of luck

Interviewed early Jan btw

Great! I also interviewed early Jan. If you don't mind me asking, what does a cleared portal look like?

Great! I also interviewed early Jan. If you don't mind me asking, what does a cleared portal look like?
It doesn't display the "your application is currently under committee review" anymore. I'm guessing that its been reviewed and decided on

I emailed the financial aid office a little while ago and they said the packages will be out by the end of March. It comes up on a separate tab in MyUpstate when it's available to view :)
You rock. Thanks!!

Everyone check your portals - mine cleared this morning. Interviewed end of January!

What does a cleared portal look like?
The red text is gone that said “a decision is being made, you upload stuff here” or whatnot. There’s a screenshot of it further back in the thread.

Interviewed 1/16 and mine cleared also. I remember reading back in the thread that a cleared portal with no acceptance message is likely a waitlist or rejection?

Interviewed 1/16 and mine cleared also. I remember reading back in the thread that a cleared portal with no acceptance message is likely a waitlist or rejection?

Someone earlier in the thread said this happened and they later got an acceptance so I’m not *too* worried yet. Not every checks their portal on a daily basis (unlike me). We’ll see!

Edit: that being said if anyone from Mid to Late Jan gets anything else, please post!

Does it worry anyone else that so many people's portals got cleared at once?

Mine didn't, but I interviewed at the very beginning of February. When did you interview (at the very end of January or earlier?)

How long did it take for everyone to receive an email after noticing that your portal cleared?

My portal didn't clear and I didn't get any messages, but SUNY Upstate is now listed on my AAMC portal, under Choose your Medical School.

My portal didn't clear and I didn't get any messages, but SUNY Upstate is now listed on my AAMC portal, under Choose your Medical School.

Just asking, when did you interview? (ie at the very end of January?)