2018-2019 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the R and got the three emails last night as well

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone interviewed and gotten NOTHING - no WL emails or glitch emails or R emails and NO CHANGE on portal?

starting to think they totally forgot about me...

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know what waitlist movement is like here?

Reactions: 1 users
R, and that ends this cycle for me. Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone call to ask if the "you're not on the waitlist" email was a mistake/real? Does anyone know if we are still pending decision or we are a lost cause too?

Did anyone call to ask if the "you're not on the waitlist" email was a mistake/real? Does anyone know if we are still pending decision or we are a lost cause too?

I did, but she cut me off saying that we'll hear back by today. My portal still says that I'm waitlisted, however.

I did, but she cut me off saying that we'll hear back by today. My portal still says that I'm waitlisted, however.
Ok! Same! My optimism is wearing down at this point. Thanks for calling!

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted by portal. No email or anything I just spontaneously checked my portal.

So it looks like the waitlist here might actually mean something. Wonder how the movement will be this year.

I was part of the crew that got the WL error email Friday. My portal never did update (still showed that I was on the WL). Just got an email that my portal had updated and it still just shows the exact same thing about accepting a position on the WL.

What??

I was part of the crew that got the WL error email Friday. My portal never did update (still showed that I was on the WL). Just got an email that my portal had updated and it still just shows the exact same thing about accepting a position on the WL.

What??

I just called. We are waitlisted!

Apparently, the glitch was the "you're not on the waitlist" message. haha

Did you receive an email at all? I received the error message on Saturday morning -- just not sure if I should confirm by contacting admissions?

Yeah I got an error email before!! stupid "error' haha

soooo if we haven’t heard anything at all...are they still deciding? I’m so confused. I just want to knowwwwwwww

soooo if we haven’t heard anything at all...are they still deciding? I’m so confused. I just want to knowwwwwwww
They are probably still deciding! Check your portal to double check if they made a decision. You can probably call to confirm/see where your app is at. Good luck!

They are probably still deciding! Check your portal to double check if they made a decision. You can probably call to confirm/see where your app is at. Good luck!
Thanks! My portal has nothing (no decision tab) and I interviewed in September so it’s been a while. I was afraid of calling but that might be helpful :/

Did you receive an email at all? I received the error message on Saturday morning -- just not sure if I should confirm by contacting admissions?
I received an email telling me to check. If you didn’t receive an email, you can call them to see if you’re actually on the waitlist and if the Saturday message was a glitch.

Thanks! My portal has nothing (no decision tab) and I interviewed in September so it’s been a while. I was afraid of calling but that might be helpful :/

None of the weird emails, nothing on the portal, interviewed in November... I'm too scared to ask them!

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected earlier today and got an email asking me to check my portal later this afternoon. Portal says I'm WL??? Rejection folks, do your portals display the rejection letter or the WL choice?

Rejected earlier today and got an email asking me to check my portal later this afternoon. Portal says I'm WL??? Rejection folks, do your portals display the rejection letter or the WL choice?
UCLA, back at it again!

Just when I thought there was some light and clarity in this ****show...I would contact admissions and ask.

For me I got the Geffen. But I think they'd said they'd let you know with your acceptance, just not with a call necessarily. If I'm misremembering, I know for sure that they'd tell you before April 15.

Dean Hall did say we would hear back with our acceptance but someone on this thread heard a few weeks after their acceptance!

Where did you hear the 4/15 date for scholarships?

None of the weird emails, nothing on the portal, interviewed in November... I'm too scared to ask them!

asked my boyfriend to call yesterday and they said if we haven’t heard anything, our application is still with the admissions committee. they aren’t giving a date to release decisions by so it could be until the summer potentially?

Dean Hall did say we would hear back with our acceptance but someone on this thread heard a few weeks after their acceptance!

Where did you hear the 4/15 date for scholarships?

I think in the past schools usually have that soft deadline so students can choose which school to go to depends on the financial generosity by April 30th. Idk how it works out with the new traffic rules.

Sorry if this was posted earlier, but is the WL ranked or unranked?

Just got WL'ed officially after this roller coaster of emotions this weekend. Good luck everybody!

Interviewed in early November and still haven’t gotten any sort of email or status update. Anyone else in my position?

Interviewed in early November and still haven’t gotten any sort of email or status update. Anyone else in my position?
yuuup.

Interviewed in mid Nov, and I haven't heard anything either. willowseeker394 says if you haven't heard anything, they still have your app. I think we'll just have to keep waiting...

yeah, you can try calling and they can look up your file but if you haven’t heard anything it’s still with the committee so who knows what that means...

is there supposed to be a next wave of acceprances?

yuuup.

yeah, you can try calling and they can look up your file but if you haven’t heard anything it’s still with the committee so who knows what that means...

is there supposed to be a next wave of acceprances?

I can only hope that they accept more! Just glad I’m still being considered.... thank you for calling and asking them!

Sorry if this was posted earlier, but is the WL ranked or unranked?

I believe it's unranked, though your file still does have your interview/MMI scores.

Officially WL. Anyone know what movement is like here?

In past years, Dean Hall has said 30-40% of the class comes after May 1st, so I'm assuming a decent amount. That said, traffic rules have changed, so I'm not sure how valid these statistics are for this year.

I believe it's unranked, though your file still does have your interview/MMI scores.

In past years, Dean Hall has said 30-40% of the class comes after May 1st, so I'm assuming a decent amount. That said, traffic rules have changed, so I'm not sure how valid these statistics are for this year.
What are the chances of getting a Geffen after being waitlisted? Ha, ha *cries*

Waitlisted about an hour ago. No other correspondences besides this email to check portal since interview in November.

Didn't even know they interviewed in late January. I thought they told us in my interview day that our interview date was the last week (I was in early december). Maybe they extended the dates afterwards? Either way, seems like they are pretty disorganized.

Didn't even know they interviewed in late January. I thought they told us in my interview day that our interview date was the last week (I was in early december). Maybe they extended the dates afterwards? Either way, seems like they are pretty disorganized.
Extremely. Did you read about the whole email fiasco that happened earlier this week?