2018-2019 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MSTP II a couple days ago!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone,

Has anyone done the applications for the MD degree programs such UMED, IMED, and GMED? The applications are now open but I am not sure if you are supposed to generally wait till you are accepted first.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here's to neurotically refreshing email/portals all day

Is anyone considering calling the office today? Do we know whether today is even the day to expect decisions to come out?

Is anyone considering calling the office today? Do we know whether today is even the day to expect decisions to come out?
If it is today, I would imagine notifications would go out near EOD.

My portal changed from “forwarded to ..” to “deferred status your application will be considered at the next admission meeting”

Reactions: 1 user
My portal changed from “forwarded to ..” to “deferred status your application will be considered at the next admission meeting”

Interesting, mine still says "Your application has been forwarded to the admissions committee."

Reactions: 4 users
If you don't mind me asking, when did your status change?

It changed about an hour ago. I had just just checked it like 30 mins before and it was the same so it must have been shortly after that. I interviewed mid November.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When did you interview? Which campus? Would you mind sharing the first initial of your last name? I’m just trying to figure out if there is an order to this
I interviewed on December 8th at Rockford campus. Last name initial is K. I'm IS.

Hopefully the people that aren't deferred will be hearing some good news later today...

Reactions: 7 users
In state, application complete mid august and still forwarded to the admissions committee. no interview invite, rejection or update. Anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 7 users
My portal also got updated, and I got accepted!! Interviewed early November!

There has to be more than 2 people on SDN getting accepted today if they're doing a massive wave

There has to be more than 2 people on SDN getting accepted today if they're doing a massive wave

I mean, there's no reason to believe it won't be a "small" wave, just like it was before Christmas.

Congrats to those that were accepted today! Woo!!!

Now the wait continues for my "Forwarded to the screening committee" buddies
giphy.gif

Reactions: 17 users
Are they still updating people's portals? Mine still has the forwarded message. Is there still hope to hear back tonight?

Just called. Lady said they’re still updating portals and it could run through Monday afternoon. No, that does not mean portals will be updated over the weekend.

Reactions: 11 users
Do you only get accepted to the school where you interview? My interview is at the Peoria campus. Does this mean if I am accepted I will only be accepted to the Peoria school? Or can I pick after that?

Do you only get accepted to the school where you interview? My interview is at the Peoria campus. Does this mean if I am accepted I will only be accepted to the Peoria school? Or can I pick after that?

You submit a preference later, but there's no guarantee that you'll get your first choice.

Anyone know what time the office closes so I know when to stop obsessively refreshing my portal? :poke:

Just called. Lady said they’re still updating portals and it could run through Monday afternoon. No, that does not mean portals will be updated over the weekend.

So I'm assuming they are done updating portals for the day since the office closed at 5pm.

Just got the acceptance email at exactly 5:00 pm.

+1 OMG OMG OMG
Accepted through the portal right now!!!
Bursting in tears right now.
Feeling EXTREMELY grateful

My BEST wishes to all of you guys and hope everyone hears good news (or ANY news) as soon as possible!!!!

*Kisses in the air

Reactions: 9 users
ACCEPTED RIGHT NOW TOO!! GOT AN EMAIL AND THE PORTAL IS UPDATED! I AM SO EXCITED THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE! GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!

Reactions: 5 users
CONGRATS!!!

When did you guys interview? I'm trying to get a sense of whether they're going in any kind of order

Accepted. OOS, interviewed in September. Will likely be withdrawing my application soon. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Just checked my portal! I got accepted! I’m in tears! This is my first choice!!

Accepted through the portal! This is my top choice and beyond grateful! Interviewed early Nov (in state). I didn’t get an email though.

Accepted on the portal! No email yet, but I'm so thrilled!

Accepted on the portal! No email yet, but I'm so thrilled!
Congrats to all accepted.
Did you just get accepted, or you just check portal? I am wondering if they are still updating the status.

Congrats to all accepted.
Did you just get accepted, or you just check portal? I am wondering if they are still updating the status.

I refreshed the portal like a million times and suddenly a new tab popped up and the status changed from "forwarded to .." to "Congrats of your acceptance..".

Anyone that hasn't had their portal updated at all...do you think we should expect a decision on Monday? Not sure what it means to not hear anything today.