2018-2019 University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II through email for a link to signup just today. Showing Fridays and Tuesdays in August. OOS!

Congrats!! Stats and complete date?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else complete in May and not hear back yet?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
On their secondary they ask if we consider ourselves as "educationally disadvantaged". What does that necessarily mean? Does being a first gen student with immigrant parents that never finished high school count?

On their secondary they ask if we consider ourselves as "educationally disadvantaged". What does that necessarily mean? Does being a first gen student with immigrant parents that never finished high school count?

I looked this up too and the consensus seems to be yes, if you are a first-generation college student, then you could consider yourself educationally disadvantaged. On the other hand, my guess is, that if your immigrant parents own a car dealership and you went to a private school and had the best education money could buy, then you are probably not educationally disadvantaged.

I looked this up too and the consensus seems to be yes, if you are a first-generation college student, then you could consider yourself educationally disadvantaged. On the other hand, my guess is, that if your immigrant parents own a car dealership and you went to a private school and had the best education money could buy, then you are probably not educationally disadvantaged.
Nah, my father was a manual laborer now retired and my mom has been a house-wife/homemaker her entire life. I went to a public school outside the Detroit area with a graduation rate of 63%, but moved to TX after graduation.

Nah, my father was a manual laborer now retired and my mom has been a house-wife/homemaker her entire life. I went to a public school outside the Detroit area with a graduation rate of 63%, but moved to TX after graduation.

Yeah, so I would include that information.

Anyone else still waiting on TMDSAS to transmit their application? I still don't have portal access and I was complete 3 weeks ago:unsure:

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you hear anything? I am in the same boat, my portal shows invited for interview but no email

Just FYI, my invite got blocked by my school email. Thankfully I check my portal and saw I was invited, so I called and changed my email address to a gmail and they resent the invite. Definitely check your portal from time to time.

Application completed early June and still waiting. Checking that portal every day. Good luck to everyone and congrats on the II's!!!

Just to hopefully give some people a peace of mind: my friend who got into TCOM last cycle had his app complete in May and didn't get the invite until November around Thanksgiving. Could be a long wait. Hang in there!

Reactions: 2 users
Also, as an FYI for those who need the motivation to check their portal, the signup link says you basically have 5 days to signup or you might lose your spot, so you definitely want to make sure if you miss it that you contact them early, and the only way you will know is if you see the portal status change.

They do not email you if you are selected for an interview?

They do not email you if you are selected for an interview?

They do, but they do it through signup genius and that domain gets blocked by a lot of email spam blockers. So if it doesn't get delivered and you don't realize it, your time could expire. In my case, it caused the earlier interview slots to fill up so I ended up taking the only available day, which unfortunately makes me miss a day of class.

They do, but they do it through signup genius and that domain gets blocked by a lot of email spam blockers. So if it doesn't get delivered and you don't realize it, your time could expire. In my case, it caused the earlier interview slots to fill up so I ended up taking the only available day, which unfortunately makes me miss a day of class.[/QUOT

Ohhh okay, thanks!

Looking back at the interview slots, now I'm starting to feel confused. There are 3 times listed, but they aren't all the same length of time. I picked the later time (9-5) because sleep FTW, but was wondering why one of the 3 slots is shorter by an hr. Is there like two parts to the process and you need to secure two spots or?

Looking back at the interview slots, now I'm starting to feel confused. There are 3 times listed, but they aren't all the same length of time. I picked the later time (9-5) because sleep FTW, but was wondering why one of the 3 slots is shorter by an hr. Is there like two parts to the process and you need to secure two spots or?

If I remember correctly, they do sessions in two "waves". The earlier wave will wait and have a student panel/social time with other interviewees/students while the later wave interviews.

Each "wave" has two groups: A,B in the morning and C,D the next hour. A,B alternate between MMI and group session then return to the main room while C,D - who just arrived - will be doing their MMI and group session. Everyone convenes for lunch, campus tour, and hospital tour.

If I remember correctly, they do sessions in two "waves". The earlier wave will wait and have a student panel/social time with other interviewees/students while the later wave interviews.

Each "wave" has two groups: A,B in the morning and C,D the next hour. A,B alternate between MMI and group session then return to the main room while C,D - who just arrived - will be doing their MMI and group session. Everyone convenes for lunch, campus tour, and hospital tour.

Ok, so the bottom line is, there are 3 different time slots in the interview invite portal and you only need to pick one, correct?

If they send emails then you can find it in your spam/junk folder if not in your inbox.

For what it's worth, I checked my portal last year and saw that I was invited for an interview but did not receive the phone call to schedule it until the next day! Not sure if they will be doing it the same way this year, but if it's in your portal then I'd say you have good reason to get excited :)

Is anyone else interviewing this week? I'm extremely excited.

Does TCOM offer the option to stay with a current med student the night before? I didn't see it anywhere

edit: saw on their website you can email for a form to request housing with current students.

Last edited:
You might need to call them and have them send your invite to a different email, that's what I had to do. They use signup genius and my school's email blocked it so I never got mine.
Just got the email and it looks good!

Around what time of the day did ya'll receive your email interview invites? Just wondering if there was a usual time they send those out.

Around what time of the day did ya'll receive your email interview invites? Just wondering if there was a usual time they send those out.
Got mine around 5-6P

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an II!

It shows I've been invited, but I have not received an email. I'm using a gmail, so should I receive one soon?

Reactions: 1 users
I called them yesterday (Friday 8/10) because my portal also said I had received an interview on Thursday, and they told me emails will probably go out on Monday!

About how long did it take for ya'll to receive II after completing app?

Does anyone know if there is any preference/advantage if you're OOS but have strong ties to TX? I lived there for 15 years

Did you talk about it in your essays?
TCOM takes up to 10%OOS

I actually haven't applied yet. I was curious as to whether it was worth starting a whole new primary application