2018-2019 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know the post II acceptance rate at WVSOM?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if it's possible to become a resident of the state and avoid OOS costs after the first year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if it's possible to become a resident of the state and avoid OOS costs after the first year?
When I interviewed there last year I talked to a second year that wanted to do the same thing but was not able to; so I don't think you can.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there, sorry I'm not too familiar with the referral form/process :( just give admissions a call I'm sure they'd be happy to give you that information :)
I currently am a NC resident but I have lived in WV for 16 years so will I qualify for in-state tuition for this school. Second question: how hard is it to get into this school. My ethnicity is asian and I am wondering in a rural area do Asians qualify as minorities?

I currently am a NC resident but I have lived in WV for 16 years so will I qualify for in-state tuition for this school. Second question: how hard is it to get into this school. My ethnicity is asian and I am wondering in a rural area do Asians qualify as minorities?
500 mcat and 3.5 gpa should get you in if you apply early and have good letters+app

Reactions: 1 users
Have there been people with lower GPA's who have gotten in? Just because my GPA is 3.3

Hi! I am currently a 2nd year medical student here. I would still recommend applying. I had a 3.25 sGPA and a 3.5 or something cGPA, I can't remember exactly. And my MCAT was a 500. I had a lot of medical and work experience as well as volunteer experience. I am also OOS. This was my top choice for school, so if you really want to go here, just apply, but make sure to do it as early as you can because you have a much more likely chance to get it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I am currently a 2nd year medical student here. I would still recommend applying. I had a 3.25 sGPA and a 3.5 or something cGPA, I can't remember exactly. And my MCAT was a 500. I had a lot of medical and work experience as well as volunteer experience. I am also OOS. This was my top choice for school, so if you really want to go here, just apply, but make sure to do it as early as you can because you have a much more likely chance to get it.
Well, I was planning on applying in January since I will be taking the MCAT by then. Or do you advise me to apply for next year?

Well, I was planning on applying in January since I will be taking the MCAT by then. Or do you advise me to apply for next year?
If you only wanna go here and score like a 505 then u will be fine. I recommend waiting and applying next year though to have better odds. Class is probably mostly full by now.

Edit: tbh i wouldnt apply even if you score a 505 for this cycle. Its very late and unless u have something to make u really stand out i would wait

If you only wanna go here and score like a 505 then u will be fine. I recommend waiting and applying next year though to have better odds. Class is probably mostly full by now.
Oh, I had no idea! I was hoping I could squeak in by either Jan or Feb, but even if I apply does the interview guarantee you get in?

Oh, I had no idea! I was hoping I could squeak in by either Jan or Feb, but even if I apply does the interview guarantee you get in?
If you apply in january then you might not get an interview until feb/march (i believe the last day for interviews is in march). By then you will be competing for waitlist spots pretty much. Odds are not in your favor at that point. The interview:acceptance rate however is pretty high (~75-80%?) But this accounts for the entire cycle. Gonna be at the low end at this point. If you take your mcat and apply next cycle you might even get into a better school (unless this is your school of choice)

TLDR: can you squeeze in? Maybe, depends on mcat. Do i recommend you try? Unless you have a killer mcat, no.

Thank you so much! This really gave me a good idea!

Hey guys I just wanted some suggestions on any decent housing options near campus. My budget is up to $450/month and I would like to split with a roommate so I would love to find any 2 BD apartments in the $700-900 range. Thank you!

Hey guys I just wanted some suggestions on any decent housing options near campus. My budget is up to $450/month and I would like to split with a roommate so I would love to find any 2 BD apartments in the $700-900 range. Thank you!
PM me

Hello, I am currently in the process of applying for the 2019-2020 cycle and I was wondering if anyone knew, from this past cycle, what the acceptance rate off the alternate list was? And if anyone who was accepted off the alternate list, approximately how long did it take for them to let you know? Thanks in advance!