2018-2019 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone who was accepted have any community college credits? Were they sciences or general education classes? Anyone know Western's perspective of cc credits?

Fwiw I took orgo, biochem, physics, and psych / soc at cc

Members don't see this ad.

Was accepted from the waitlist last night! Sent in my final update letter on 5/28 and got the acceptance 5/29

Interviewed 8/30
LizzyM 64
IS
ORM

also^^ I’m a non-trad so I took all my pre-med classes at a community college to save money! Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Was accepted from the waitlist last night! Sent in my final update letter on 5/28 and got the acceptance 5/29

Interviewed 8/30
LizzyM 64
IS
ORM

also^^ I’m a non-trad so I took all my pre-med classes at a community college to save money! Hope this helps!

Props to COMP for showing love to us non-trad CC types. See you in a couple months!

Reactions: 1 user
I was just accepted off the alternate list. Are there any current students that wouldn't mind me asking them a few questions? I've made some pretty significant preparations to attend another school at this point but I'd love to go here. Just want to speak with a current student about some questions I've thought of since my interview day.

Got a call about 30 min ago that I got accepted off of the alternate list!! Interviewed 1/17, OOS, LizzyM score 67.4

Reactions: 1 users
The website states first two years includes an average of 45 hours/week in class. Can any current students confirm this?

Has anybody who was accepted received significant financial aid (grant based) from this school? If so, do you mind sharing how much?

I sent a letter of interest, got an interview invite 3 days later. I didn’t have time to send a formal letter of intent after my waitlist. From what I have seen on the lebanon forum I am the only person that has been pulled off the waitlist (or the only person who posted they were accepted) and it’s been well over a month since most of us were placed on the list.

Sorry for replying to an old thread . You said that you sent a LOI before you received your II?

Sorry for replying to an old thread . You said that you sent a LOI before you received your II?

Yes I did, on the advice of admissions.. got a II less than a week later. But this was lebanon campus not Pomona. Same admissions philosophy though.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I did, on the advice of admissions.. got a II less than a week later. But this was lebanon campus not Pomona. Same admissions philosophy though.

around what time should you send the letter of intent/interest, and what should it contain?

around what time should you send the letter of intent/interest, and what should it contain?

Have you gotten an interview? If not, have you spoken to admission about whether you are in interview waitlist? First step is phone call and ask your status. I sent mine at end of December last year, so now is a good time. My letter said why I wanted Western so much and why I was a good fit for them too