Directorate of Disgruntled Cat Toys
2+ Year Member
May 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Jul 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
been UC since October and nothing yet :/ I feel like interviewing later in the cycle here might've been an advantage here. Those who interviewed in September didn't have much to update on when we had the chance accepting our interview, but by now we all have lots of updates that cannot be sent in anymore. Those who interviewed later in the cycle had more time to accomplish things update worthy so were able to use that opportunity to provide more when sent an interview invite.

Nov 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
been UC since October and nothing yet :/ I feel like interviewing later in the cycle here might've been an advantage here. Those who interviewed in September didn't have much to update on when we had the chance accepting our interview, but by now we all have lots of updates that cannot be sent in anymore. Those who interviewed later in the cycle had more time to accomplish things update worthy so were able to use that opportunity to provide more when sent an interview invite.
Not sure if I agree. I can’t think of a situation where anyone would honestly prefer to interview later rather than sooner at AMC (unless you believe you need a month or more to transform into an impressive interviewee prior to your interview). The earlier you interview, the higher your likelihood of getting accepted or waitlisted, as there are way less spots available.

I understand not having the chance to update them, but we shouldn’t be waiting until after the application cycle is well underway to have great things to add. And most updates probably won’t change a thing about how they rank you at this point unless it’s impressive, such as a huge MCAT boost, publishing research, getting a relevant promotion, or developing a vaccine for COVID-19.

Hey you never know, you could be next on their list! Best of luck!

Jul 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Not sure if I agree. I can’t think of a situation where anyone would honestly prefer to interview later rather than sooner at AMC (unless you believe you need a month or more to transform into an impressive interviewee prior to your interview). The earlier you interview, the higher your likelihood of getting accepted or waitlisted, as there are way less spots available.

I understand not having the chance to update them, but we shouldn’t be waiting until after the application cycle is well underway to have great things to add. And most updates probably won’t change a thing about how they rank you at this point unless it’s impressive, such as a huge MCAT boost, publishing research, getting a relevant promotion, or developing a vaccine for COVID-19.

Hey you never know, you could be next on their list! Best of luck!
Thanks for the encouragement, I guess I have classic pre med end of cycle neuroticism. I was thinking more between interviewing in September versus December. I have had 3 publications since my interview in September, so it stinks a lot that I can't send any update on that. But I guess theres nothing to do now but wait :)

About the Ads

oregonian19

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Does the admissions committee only meet on Mondays? Seems like most people's decisions are given to them on Monday?

Nov 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Reactions: hckbsb3

anotherpremedlurker

MD Class of 2024
Dec 18, 2018
Interviewed first week of March and was accepted today! This is my first acceptance so I am especially excited and cannot believe it! Good luck to all of you and I hope things work out. I know the wait is awful but hang in there!

About the Ads

TurtleyReady4Med

2+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
When do classes start?
That information has traditionally gone out during second look weekend, in person for those that attend and over email for people who do not. (I believe the second look day is virtual this year).

About the Ads