2019-2020 Buffalo

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any interview dates still available? I'm gonna email them this weekend with a mid cycle update. This would be my top choice out of all the SUNY schools, yet it's the only one that hasn't offered me an interview. I'd really appreciate the chance to interview here.
 
Any interview dates still available? I'm gonna email them this weekend with a mid cycle update. This would be my top choice out of all the SUNY schools, yet it's the only one that hasn't offered me an interview. I'd really appreciate the chance to interview here.
From speaking with current students during my interview, they said they interview until April. I know that their admission process is slightly different from last year, but I’m sure there are still some invites left!
 
From speaking with current students during my interview, they said they interview until April. I know that their admission process is slightly different from last year, but I’m sure there are still some invites left!
Thanks! Will keep y'all updated
 
anyone else receive an email this morning about applying UB scholarships? I'm on the waitlist, but the email talks about entering in your UB ID (which I clearly don't have yet - so I'm very confused about this). I did fill out my FAFSA with them though, so maybe it was a blanket email to everyone who filled out the FAFSA?

+1 except I did not fill out the FAFSA, so that isn’t it. It is probably just for any admits and waitlist for all of UB, not just the medical school. It did startle me to wake up to that at 6 am since I don’t get the grad school advertisements.
 
anyone else receive an email this morning about applying UB scholarships? I'm on the waitlist, but the email talks about entering in your UB ID (which I clearly don't have yet - so I'm very confused about this). I did fill out my FAFSA with them though, so maybe it was a blanket email to everyone who filled out the FAFSA?
Hm. I’m waitlisted also, and I haven’t filled out the FAFSA either, but I didn’t get an email. Maybe that’s a good sign for you guys!
 
+1 except I did not fill out the FAFSA, so that isn’t it. It is probably just for any admits and waitlist for all of UB, not just the medical school. It did startle me to wake up to that at 6 am since I don’t get the grad school advertisements.

Haven't heard anything yet from my interview at all, but received that email about scholarships this morning. Does anyone know what the turn around time is after interviews?
 
Haven't heard anything yet from my interview at all, but received that email about scholarships this morning. Does anyone know what the turn around time is after interviews?
I think it varies on when you interviewed. I interviewed at the beginning of the month, and it took 4 weeks to get a response, but I know people who interviewed towards the end of the month and heard the same day as me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also got an email about scholarships despite being on the waitlist. My email came later in the day though. Did everyone on the waitlist get this email?
 
Application complete on 7/5 and I still haven't heard back. How are some already accepted off the waitlist when I haven't even been notified of a decision for II or rejection? IS applicant, the wait is killing me.
 
From my discussions with current students I wouldn't expect much WL movement until April.
Makes sense given traffic rules. But I imagine some of the higher ranked WL applicants might hear earlier and I would love to hear from them 🙂
 
What makes you say you're higher ranked?
Oh sorry didn’t mean to imply anything about my rank. I have no idea where I’m ranked. Just a general comment to gauge where I may be ranked based on any movement. Would love to see any action on this thread really haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad