2019-2020 Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was interviewed mid January sometime and waitlisted the next day. Got off waitlist in May. Last year at least, it was the norm that you would get a decision the next day.
Thank you! One more question if you don't mind -- would you say most people you know were waitlisted prior to acceptance?

Thank you! One more question if you don't mind -- would you say most people you know were waitlisted prior to acceptance?
1000000% yes. In my limited sample size of about ~25 of my friends, maybe 5 were outright accepted

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all! Do they take application updates, and if so, how can I send application updates? Thanks :)

sorry I know so many people just asked about updates, but can you send updates after being Waitlisted? thanks in advance

Interviewing next week. Anyone have any advice/tips??
Wear comfortable shoes since the walking tour of the building is... extensive. As for the interviews, just relax, take the time to think about your responses before you say them, and be yourself. They chose to interview for a reason and now is your time to shine!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is an accepted students page yet?

II today, scheduled for 3/11

EDIT: complete 7/1

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just got an II! Complete Sep 5

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

For those who interviewed already, did you guys finish your interviews at exactly 5:00 PM??
I finished around 3:30 and most people i was with finished around the same time. I could see it going longer since you essentially have to wait to be called in to meet your interviewers. If you happen to be called earlier (like i was) then you'll finish earlier. You should make travel plans expecting to end at 5:30. Worst case you have a little extra time to explore Buffalo.

Anyone that interviewed this year know how long it took for them to get back to you? I've heard/read that it's varied from a couple of days, to 3 weeks? I interviewed there this week and for anyone that's going in the next month or so, it's super chill! Really nothing serious to worry about. Read over old SDN questions and remember they don't give you coffee in the morning!!

Anyone that interviewed this year know how long it took for them to get back to you? I've heard/read that it's varied from a couple of days, to 3 weeks? I interviewed there this week and for anyone that's going in the next month or so, it's super chill! Really nothing serious to worry about. Read over old SDN questions and remember they don't give you coffee in the morning!!
It seems like they release the whole month’s worth of decisions at the beginning of the next month. Aka if you interview at any point in November, all November interviewees heard the first week of December. I’d expect that you’d hear by the first week of March, but I’ve also heard a few people get waitlisted within a few days after their interview this cycle.

They are only sending decisions once a month now after everyone from that month has interviewed. It could be as soon as soon as the first Thursday (next day) after the last interview of that month but could also be later. Source: Mr. Rosso

Any idea how many 'waves' of acceptances they have sent out then? Five - Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb? And does that mean the same thing for the waitlisted folks as well?
No idea about waitlist folks, this is for finding out your initial decision only. Mr. Rosso implied that the only waitlist movement before April would be for the top twenty people on the waitlist as a Christmas gift. This already happened so I would guess the waitlist won't start moving until April but who knows

Anyone else just have silence since submitting? Was complete mid September

Reactions: 7 users
Have the sent out pre II Rs because I have also had complete silence.

Late June. Silence. In-state

Reactions: 4 users
Seriously, what happened to this school. Should expect pre-ii rejection if we have not heard from them yet?
Also silence IS since July

Seriously, what happened to this school. Should expect pre-ii rejection if we have not heard from them yet?
Also silence IS since July
They review applications randomly and they don't interview many applicants (~500 total IIRC). Plus they only conduct interviews 1 day a week.

Anyone know if they accept letters of interest/intent? I've already interviewed (mid Feb)

Anyone know if they accept letters of interest/intent? I've already interviewed (mid Feb)
They seem quite receptive of communication. I'm not sure how helpful such a letter will be before a decision though

Complete, 10.14.19
Update and LOI, 01.29.20
Pre-II R today, 2.26.20

Congrats to those accepted and best of luck to everyone else still waiting!

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Is there a specific day of the week they release decisions or is it pretty much random?

Accepted just now!! First acceptance!!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
First acceptance!! And this is my top choice!! I don’t think I’ve ever been this happy!!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congratulations you two! Anyone happen to get off the waitlist?

Reactions: 3 users
Chiming in that my friend was also Accepted off the waitlist today. He interviewed like, super early September, got the WL 10/14.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users