-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Case Western Reserve
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted987519
1st round KO
Complete mid July
Complete mid July
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1001426
This is how I’m phrasing my Rs from now on lol1st round KO
Complete mid July
Pre-II R, complete 8/18.
Pre II R just now :/
Any late August/early Sep R's in this wave? Sorry friends!!!
Rejected yesterday (no interview), complete 8/18.
Did anyone use a student host? I emailed 6 people two weeks ago and only heard back from one person saying they couldn’t do it. My interview is Wednesday and I’m going to have to give in and get a hotel. I understand that people can’t always host but it’s been complete silence... Anyone have a similar experience?
throwawayofcourse
Full Member
Did anyone use a student host? I emailed 6 people two weeks ago and only heard back from one person saying they couldn’t do it. My interview is Wednesday and I’m going to have to give in and get a hotel. I understand that people can’t always host but it’s been complete silence... Anyone have a similar experience?
I had to email like 8 people for Case with follow-up emails for all but eventually got one, good luck!
I used a student host. I emailed 6 people, 2 replied with only one of them saying they could do it. Maybe follow up on some of your emails and email a few new people.Did anyone use a student host? I emailed 6 people two weeks ago and only heard back from one person saying they couldn’t do it. My interview is Wednesday and I’m going to have to give in and get a hotel. I understand that people can’t always host but it’s been complete silence... Anyone have a similar experience?
AnnieGranger13
Full Member
Anyone complete in mid-July waiting to hear back about...anything?
YupAnyone complete in mid-July waiting to hear back about...anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
happy_to_be_here
Full Member
Hi everyone! I have a question about sending in a letter of intent--I thought I'd put the question out here in case anyone had some valuable input! I've interviewed for both the Univeristy Program and College Program (Alternate list at UP and still waiting to hear back from CCLCM). Case is 100% my top choice, and I want to tell them that in a letter of intent. Since the University and College programs have different admissions committees and different curriculums though, I want to tailor my letter of intent to each of them individually. However, since the portals are linked for the two programs, the admissions committees for both programs would get both letters.
What I am trying to decide is, do I send just one letter of intent, to Case as a whole, incorporating both the University and College Programs, or do I write letters individually for each program. I am kind of stuck here, because say by chance I got into both the University and College Programs, I would have to choose one over the other (in my case I would choose CCLCM). Does that mean that I should only write the letter of intent for CCLCM and then just write a letter of interest to the University Program? (Letter of intent being "I will come here if accepted without hesitation" and letter of interest being "I am very interested in attending this school if admitted).
Any advice would be appreciated, and I'm sure some other people are having similar delemmas as well since the UP and CCLCM are distinct, yet both are a part of Case.
What I am trying to decide is, do I send just one letter of intent, to Case as a whole, incorporating both the University and College Programs, or do I write letters individually for each program. I am kind of stuck here, because say by chance I got into both the University and College Programs, I would have to choose one over the other (in my case I would choose CCLCM). Does that mean that I should only write the letter of intent for CCLCM and then just write a letter of interest to the University Program? (Letter of intent being "I will come here if accepted without hesitation" and letter of interest being "I am very interested in attending this school if admitted).
Any advice would be appreciated, and I'm sure some other people are having similar delemmas as well since the UP and CCLCM are distinct, yet both are a part of Case.
Complete date?II today at 3!
July 27Complete date?
Just interviewed here! My understanding is that the two programs are almost like two separate schools. Therefore you can't really send a letter of intent to both, instead just pick one of the two! Also make sure that you are sending it to the right admissions office because they have differentHi everyone! I have a question about sending in a letter of intent--I thought I'd put the question out here in case anyone had some valuable input! I've interviewed for both the Univeristy Program and College Program (Alternate list at UP and still waiting to hear back from CCLCM). Case is 100% my top choice, and I want to tell them that in a letter of intent. Since the University and College programs have different admissions committees and different curriculums though, I want to tailor my letter of intent to each of them individually. However, since the portals are linked for the two programs, the admissions committees for both programs would get both letters.
What I am trying to decide is, do I send just one letter of intent, to Case as a whole, incorporating both the University and College Programs, or do I write letters individually for each program. I am kind of stuck here, because say by chance I got into both the University and College Programs, I would have to choose one over the other (in my case I would choose CCLCM). Does that mean that I should only write the letter of intent for CCLCM and then just write a letter of interest to the University Program? (Letter of intent being "I will come here if accepted without hesitation" and letter of interest being "I am very interested in attending this school if admitted).
Any advice would be appreciated, and I'm sure some other people are having similar delemmas as well since the UP and CCLCM are distinct, yet both are a part of Case.
Hi everyone! I have a question about sending in a letter of intent--I thought I'd put the question out here in case anyone had some valuable input! I've interviewed for both the Univeristy Program and College Program (Alternate list at UP and still waiting to hear back from CCLCM). Case is 100% my top choice, and I want to tell them that in a letter of intent. Since the University and College programs have different admissions committees and different curriculums though, I want to tailor my letter of intent to each of them individually. However, since the portals are linked for the two programs, the admissions committees for both programs would get both letters.
What I am trying to decide is, do I send just one letter of intent, to Case as a whole, incorporating both the University and College Programs, or do I write letters individually for each program. I am kind of stuck here, because say by chance I got into both the University and College Programs, I would have to choose one over the other (in my case I would choose CCLCM). Does that mean that I should only write the letter of intent for CCLCM and then just write a letter of interest to the University Program? (Letter of intent being "I will come here if accepted without hesitation" and letter of interest being "I am very interested in attending this school if admitted).
Any advice would be appreciated, and I'm sure some other people are having similar delemmas as well since the UP and CCLCM are distinct, yet both are a part of Case.
I would say only write one letter to one program (the one you are most interested in)! I only interviewed at UP, but I definitely got the vibe that they are completely separate entities (do not write one letter for both), with even separate admissions staff and processes.
I would say it is best if you wait to see what CCLCM says and then write your letter of intent if you are waitlisted.
Got hit with the pre-II R this morning. ORM, LM 72, complete late August. It was a long shot, but I thought I had a chance. Oh well, ya win some ya lose some.
R. But i also sent in a risky secondary and didn’t want to move to Ohio. Goodluck to everyone in the running
Complete date?
Complete date?
probably late July
What is a risky secondary?
I talked about the ending of my friendship with a best friend and my boyfriend breaking up with me . But in the sense to say that my personality had become dichotomous and i has to find my way back. it was very cathartic in hindsight but probably not the best for med schools but I don’t care, I have plenty of IIs
happy_to_be_here
Full Member
Just interviewed here! My understanding is that the two programs are almost like two separate schools. Therefore you can't really send a letter of intent to both, instead just pick one of the two! Also make sure that you are sending it to the right admissions office because they have different
I would say only write one letter to one program (the one you are most interested in)! I only interviewed at UP, but I definitely got the vibe that they are completely separate entities (do not write one letter for both), with even separate admissions staff and processes.
I would say it is best if you wait to see what CCLCM says and then write your letter of intent if you are waitlisted.
Thank you so much for this advice. Best of luck to you 🙂)
Unfortunately notis case receptive to pre - II updates?
they dont accept updates pre II.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any guesses as to when the next round of acceptances will be released?
After thanksgiving most likely
D
deleted976595
Any guesses as to when the next round of acceptances will be released?
interviewed a couple weeks ago and they told us early December
tall_expat
Full Member
Anyone know if they are still sending out IIs?
Any guesses as to when the next round of acceptances will be released?
Interviewed last week and they said we’d hear back about 2 weeks after thanksgiving.
anyone complete in July still waiting to hear something?
Anyone know if they are still sending out IIs?
Based on last years' thread, until early Jan they send II's. Hoping that's still the case.
D
deleted976595
Accepted just now by email!
valkirieas
Full Member
Alternate list for UP, interviewed 11/11
Alternate list 🙁
does anyone knowwhat/if I have a chance for acceptance?
or is this a waitlist or rejection eventually?
does anyone knowwhat/if I have a chance for acceptance?
or is this a waitlist or rejection eventually?
excitingelectron
Full Member
Accepted!!! Interviewed 11/1!!!
An anecdotal source - I recently heard from an M1 that a large chunk of her class (she said half, I figure that is an exaggeration) is from the waitlist, so alt list people don’t lose hope!
An anecdotal source - I recently heard from an M1 that a large chunk of her class (she said half, I figure that is an exaggeration) is from the waitlist, so alt list people don’t lose hope!
Haha it would be great if it was half. Congrats tho, and thanks for the info!Accepted!!! Interviewed 11/1!!!
An anecdotal source - I recently heard from an M1 that a large chunk of her class (she said half, I figure that is an exaggeration) is from the waitlist, so alt list people don’t lose hope!
D
deleted976595
The invitation to apply for merit aid is in the offer letter on the portal NOT the email acceptance letter btw! As an aside, does anyone know the typical amount awarded for the merit scholarships?
excitingelectron
Full Member
The invitation to apply for merit aid is in the offer letter on the portal NOT the email acceptance letter btw! As an aside, does anyone know the typical amount awarded for the merit scholarships?
Not sure what the average amount is, but on my interview day the finaid director said the max they gave out last year was 40k, I believe.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted to UP today! Interviewed on 11/4