2019-2020 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Any late August/early Sep R's in this wave? Sorry friends!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected yesterday (no interview), complete 8/18.

• Sad
  • Wow
Pre II R, complete mid July. Based on numbers, I thought this was one of my best "matches". Just goes to show how unpredictable the process can be (not complaining though!)

• Sad
Did anyone use a student host? I emailed 6 people two weeks ago and only heard back from one person saying they couldn’t do it. My interview is Wednesday and I’m going to have to give in and get a hotel. I understand that people can’t always host but it’s been complete silence... Anyone have a similar experience?

Did anyone use a student host? I emailed 6 people two weeks ago and only heard back from one person saying they couldn’t do it. My interview is Wednesday and I’m going to have to give in and get a hotel. I understand that people can’t always host but it’s been complete silence... Anyone have a similar experience?

I had to email like 8 people for Case with follow-up emails for all but eventually got one, good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I used a student host. I emailed 6 people, 2 replied with only one of them saying they could do it. Maybe follow up on some of your emails and email a few new people.

Hi everyone! I have a question about sending in a letter of intent--I thought I'd put the question out here in case anyone had some valuable input! I've interviewed for both the Univeristy Program and College Program (Alternate list at UP and still waiting to hear back from CCLCM). Case is 100% my top choice, and I want to tell them that in a letter of intent. Since the University and College programs have different admissions committees and different curriculums though, I want to tailor my letter of intent to each of them individually. However, since the portals are linked for the two programs, the admissions committees for both programs would get both letters.

What I am trying to decide is, do I send just one letter of intent, to Case as a whole, incorporating both the University and College Programs, or do I write letters individually for each program. I am kind of stuck here, because say by chance I got into both the University and College Programs, I would have to choose one over the other (in my case I would choose CCLCM). Does that mean that I should only write the letter of intent for CCLCM and then just write a letter of interest to the University Program? (Letter of intent being "I will come here if accepted without hesitation" and letter of interest being "I am very interested in attending this school if admitted).

Any advice would be appreciated, and I'm sure some other people are having similar delemmas as well since the UP and CCLCM are distinct, yet both are a part of Case.

Hi everyone! I have a question about sending in a letter of intent--I thought I'd put the question out here in case anyone had some valuable input! I've interviewed for both the Univeristy Program and College Program (Alternate list at UP and still waiting to hear back from CCLCM). Case is 100% my top choice, and I want to tell them that in a letter of intent. Since the University and College programs have different admissions committees and different curriculums though, I want to tailor my letter of intent to each of them individually. However, since the portals are linked for the two programs, the admissions committees for both programs would get both letters.

What I am trying to decide is, do I send just one letter of intent, to Case as a whole, incorporating both the University and College Programs, or do I write letters individually for each program. I am kind of stuck here, because say by chance I got into both the University and College Programs, I would have to choose one over the other (in my case I would choose CCLCM). Does that mean that I should only write the letter of intent for CCLCM and then just write a letter of interest to the University Program? (Letter of intent being "I will come here if accepted without hesitation" and letter of interest being "I am very interested in attending this school if admitted).

Any advice would be appreciated, and I'm sure some other people are having similar delemmas as well since the UP and CCLCM are distinct, yet both are a part of Case.
Just interviewed here! My understanding is that the two programs are almost like two separate schools. Therefore you can't really send a letter of intent to both, instead just pick one of the two! Also make sure that you are sending it to the right admissions office because they have different

I would say only write one letter to one program (the one you are most interested in)! I only interviewed at UP, but I definitely got the vibe that they are completely separate entities (do not write one letter for both), with even separate admissions staff and processes.

I would say it is best if you wait to see what CCLCM says and then write your letter of intent if you are waitlisted.

Got hit with the pre-II R this morning. ORM, LM 72, complete late August. It was a long shot, but I thought I had a chance. Oh well, ya win some ya lose some.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
R. But i also sent in a risky secondary and didn’t want to move to Ohio. Goodluck to everyone in the running

What is a risky secondary?

I talked about the ending of my friendship with a best friend and my boyfriend breaking up with me . But in the sense to say that my personality had become dichotomous and i has to find my way back. it was very cathartic in hindsight but probably not the best for med schools but I don’t care, I have plenty of IIs

• Love
Just interviewed here! My understanding is that the two programs are almost like two separate schools. Therefore you can't really send a letter of intent to both, instead just pick one of the two! Also make sure that you are sending it to the right admissions office because they have different

I would say only write one letter to one program (the one you are most interested in)! I only interviewed at UP, but I definitely got the vibe that they are completely separate entities (do not write one letter for both), with even separate admissions staff and processes.

I would say it is best if you wait to see what CCLCM says and then write your letter of intent if you are waitlisted.

Thank you so much for this advice. Best of luck to you :))

Any guesses as to when the next round of acceptances will be released?

Anyone know if they are still sending out IIs?

Any guesses as to when the next round of acceptances will be released?

Interviewed last week and they said we’d hear back about 2 weeks after thanksgiving.

anyone complete in July still waiting to hear something?

Reactions: 11 users
ACCEPTED!!!! Oh my goodness I’m shaking. I’m going to be a doctor!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Alternate list for UP, interviewed 11/11

Alternate list :(

does anyone knowwhat/if I have a chance for acceptance?

or is this a waitlist or rejection eventually?

yo congrats y'all

Accepted!!! Interviewed 11/1!!!

An anecdotal source - I recently heard from an M1 that a large chunk of her class (she said half, I figure that is an exaggeration) is from the waitlist, so alt list people don’t lose hope!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted!!! Interviewed 11/1!!!

An anecdotal source - I recently heard from an M1 that a large chunk of her class (she said half, I figure that is an exaggeration) is from the waitlist, so alt list people don’t lose hope!
Haha it would be great if it was half. Congrats tho, and thanks for the info!

The invitation to apply for merit aid is in the offer letter on the portal NOT the email acceptance letter btw! As an aside, does anyone know the typical amount awarded for the merit scholarships?

The invitation to apply for merit aid is in the offer letter on the portal NOT the email acceptance letter btw! As an aside, does anyone know the typical amount awarded for the merit scholarships?

Not sure what the average amount is, but on my interview day the finaid director said the max they gave out last year was 40k, I believe.

Interviewed on 11/4 and did not get an email, but decision is on my portal FYI!!

Reactions: 4 users
Got the R today, pre-interview. App was complete July 21st.

Best of luck to everyone still in the running!

• Sad
Does anyone know if they ever offer more merit scholarship invitations to already accepted applicants over the interview season?