Mar 23, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Is alternate list their version of post-R? everyone seems to be getting an A or WL after interview here.
They do actual rejections, and if I remember correctly, a fair amount of students I talked to were pulled from the waitlist.

About the Ads

Alpha-ketogluterate

2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2017
I had the good fortune of interviewing at over a dozen MD programs this year and received a few acceptances. Case was almost my very last interview, so I had the chance to see what many other schools offered. While every single program was awesome and I'd be honored to go to any of them, there was something about Case that really stood out to me. I loved the interdisciplinary approach, and the new building that houses this design was gorgeous. The faculty and students seemed to genuinely care and my interviews were both awesome. I also really connected with my group of interviewees and the students that I met that day. The hospital affiliations are literally 2nd to none for me and the curriculum (with strong dual degree options and a mandatory focus on research) is very agreeable to me. Crossing fingers for that acceptance, it would be an awesome start to the new year.

Jul 8, 2019
Do we upload LOI to the portal?
Yep! I sent mine as an email to admissions and they responded suggesting I upload it to the portal if I wanted it to be visible by all adcom members. I guess they don't automatically add emails to your file so you should always upload to the portal just in case.

Reactions: TPWK2024

idonutknow

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
II just now...completed late July
honestly so unexpected I thought I was done with interviews...
lots of open dates in Jan

Jul 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anybody know when the merit based aid applications will come out if we were invited to apply with your acceptance? Only saw the financial aid stuff come out

Mar 23, 2019
Status
I got the email saying the application was available but I don’t see it in the financial aid portal. All that shows up is my financial aid application from when I applied here for undergrad. Anyone else having this issue?

Jul 20, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I got the email saying the application was available but I don’t see it in the financial aid portal. All that shows up is my financial aid application from when I applied here for undergrad. Anyone else having this issue?
I’m not having that exact issue but when I attempt to log into the financial aid website it returns: “Could not validate your student ID”.

About the Ads
Jun 10, 2018
California
Status
Pre-Medical
I’m not having that exact issue but when I attempt to log into the financial aid website it returns: “Could not validate your student ID”.
Same. I called their IT help desk and it doesn't seem to be an issue with our Network IDs, rather it's a problem on the Financial Aid office's side so I emailed them. Can update if they respond.

Reactions: alh123456

Btech305

2+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Same. I called their IT help desk and it doesn't seem to be an issue with our Network IDs, rather it's a problem on the Financial Aid office's side so I emailed them. Can update if they respond.
I called this past week about this and it should be fixed early next week...it's not an IT issue but rather someone that's out for the holidays (and will be back this coming week) just needs to update access for the most recent acceptances

D

deleted1023661

What is the interview format? The portal just says student and faculty. But how long is it? Is it open or closed file?

Nov 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
What is the interview format? The portal just says student and faculty. But how long is it? Is it open or closed file?
Faculty Interview is 45-60 min, student interview is about 30 min. I believe faculty see everything except MCAT and students only see the primary app minus MCAT/GPA -- the exact info was on the site somewhere

About the Ads
Dec 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I know they mentioned how they calculate your chances of accepting an offer- I interviewed in december and am waiting to hear back. But if you have accepted an offer somewhere else will your chances of an acceptance decrease?

Dec 28, 2018
I know they mentioned how they calculate your chances of accepting an offer- I interviewed in december and am waiting to hear back. But if you have accepted an offer somewhere else will your chances of an acceptance decrease?
I don't think they have any access to where you've applied, been accepted, committed to, etc

Jun 13, 2018
Status
I think its good! It means that they still like you and would consider you, unlike me and the other fellow rejectees
Agreed! I wasn’t sure if I was still being considered because I was complete in August but I got an II earlier this week

Reactions: lalano1230
Mar 21, 2019
For those who have interviewed, does anybody remember if they said they would be bringing back the option of cadaver labs for anatomy in addition to the hololens for the incoming year? I seem to remember hearing this

Nov 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
For those who have interviewed, does anybody remember if they said they would be bringing back the option of cadaver labs for anatomy in addition to the hololens for the incoming year? I seem to remember hearing this
I recall them saying they will be doing a two week boot camp with the cadavers in the lab and use the hololens after that to supplement more specific organ system blocks

NikoBz

He moʻolelo ia e hoʻopau ai i ka moʻolelo holoʻoko
Jul 14, 2018
Status
They'll keep the cadaver lab open 24/7 in the old building for anyone who wants to study classically.

Reactions: pbandjamie
About the Ads
Jun 10, 2018
California
Status
Pre-Medical
You do a two week intensive cadaver lab crash course toward the beginning of your first year, and then all anatomy thereafter is done with the hololens.

Nov 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
For those that were also selected to apply for the deans scholarship, have y'all heard anything about when the application will be going out?

Reactions: the_expert

kyleekyle

2+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
For those that were also selected to apply for the deans scholarship, have y'all heard anything about when the application will be going out?
I haven't gotten anything yet, but I think they said late January is when the app comes out

Reactions: DrDooAlot
Apr 17, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Pre - II rejection today :(

D

deleted1023661

Is case one of those school's that wants lois? And is it usually post-interview or only for WLs?

Aug 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Just received a rejection email, complete late July. I had my fingers crossed that they'd give me an interview. Oh well :(

About the Ads