-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Case Western Reserve
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anybody know when the merit based aid applications will come out if we were invited to apply with your acceptance? Only saw the financial aid stuff come out
Said end of January in the offer letter
D
deleted976595
I got the email saying the application was available but I don’t see it in the financial aid portal. All that shows up is my financial aid application from when I applied here for undergrad. Anyone else having this issue?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kjunen
Full Member
I got the email saying the application was available but I don’t see it in the financial aid portal. All that shows up is my financial aid application from when I applied here for undergrad. Anyone else having this issue?
I’m not having that exact issue but when I attempt to log into the financial aid website it returns: “Could not validate your student ID”.
Same. I called their IT help desk and it doesn't seem to be an issue with our Network IDs, rather it's a problem on the Financial Aid office's side so I emailed them. Can update if they respond.I’m not having that exact issue but when I attempt to log into the financial aid website it returns: “Could not validate your student ID”.
I’m not having that exact issue but when I attempt to log into the financial aid website it returns: “Could not validate your student ID”.
Same. I called their IT help desk and it doesn't seem to be an issue with our Network IDs, rather it's a problem on the Financial Aid office's side so I emailed them. Can update if they respond.
I called this past week about this and it should be fixed early next week...it's not an IT issue but rather someone that's out for the holidays (and will be back this coming week) just needs to update access for the most recent acceptances
D
deleted1023661
What is the interview format? The portal just says student and faculty. But how long is it? Is it open or closed file?
valkirieas
Full Member
Faculty Interview is 45-60 min, student interview is about 30 min. I believe faculty see everything except MCAT and students only see the primary app minus MCAT/GPA -- the exact info was on the site somewhereWhat is the interview format? The portal just says student and faculty. But how long is it? Is it open or closed file?
tall_expat
Full Member
Pre-II R just now. Good luck everyone!
Edit: complete mid-late August
Edit: complete mid-late August
Last edited:
Gainz MD
New Member
Pre-II R just now. Good luck everyone!
Edit: complete mid-late August
+1 , and complete late August as well.
+1 , and complete late August as well.
+2, early august complete. IS, Lm 72
thebookaddict
Full Member
+4 submitted early September+3, sept.
Me, complete 9/1 as people post about pre-II Rs:
Is it bad that I have not heard from them since late July..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it bad that I have not heard from them since late July..
I think its good! It means that they still like you and would consider you, unlike me and the other fellow rejectees
i'm the fat duck losing speed behind you.Me, complete 9/1 as people post about pre-II Rs:
![]()
Last edited:
shamrock27
Full Member
I know they mentioned how they calculate your chances of accepting an offer- I interviewed in december and am waiting to hear back. But if you have accepted an offer somewhere else will your chances of an acceptance decrease?
I don't think they have any access to where you've applied, been accepted, committed to, etcI know they mentioned how they calculate your chances of accepting an offer- I interviewed in december and am waiting to hear back. But if you have accepted an offer somewhere else will your chances of an acceptance decrease?
perfectprism
Full Member
I think its good! It means that they still like you and would consider you, unlike me and the other fellow rejectees
Agreed! I wasn’t sure if I was still being considered because I was complete in August but I got an II earlier this week
For those who have interviewed, does anybody remember if they said they would be bringing back the option of cadaver labs for anatomy in addition to the hololens for the incoming year? I seem to remember hearing this
valkirieas
Full Member
I recall them saying they will be doing a two week boot camp with the cadavers in the lab and use the hololens after that to supplement more specific organ system blocksFor those who have interviewed, does anybody remember if they said they would be bringing back the option of cadaver labs for anatomy in addition to the hololens for the incoming year? I seem to remember hearing this
malmed1025
Full Member
Pre II R! Complete 9/1, LM 75. Good luck ppl!
Finally made an account so I could contribute to threads for future stats.
Pre II R, Complete 9/10, LM 73, Canadian
Pre II R, Complete 9/10, LM 73, Canadian
Pre-II R today, complete 9/1.
You do a two week intensive cadaver lab crash course toward the beginning of your first year, and then all anatomy thereafter is done with the hololens.For those who have interviewed, does anybody remember if they said they would be bringing back the option of cadaver labs for anatomy in addition to the hololens for the incoming year? I seem to remember hearing this
For those that were also selected to apply for the deans scholarship, have y'all heard anything about when the application will be going out?
I haven't gotten anything yet, but I think they said late January is when the app comes out
Rejected Pre-II today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected Pre-II today
Complete date?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8/19Complete date?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pre - II rejection today 🙁
toast_haste
Full Member
Sorry to hear that. Was it by email?Pre - II rejection today 🙁
Pre - II rejection today 🙁
When were you complete?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D
deleted1023661
Is case one of those school's that wants lois? And is it usually post-interview or only for WLs?
stuckinmazes
Full Member
LoIs are useful here and accepted by the adcom, but I would wait until post-WL
When were you complete?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Complete early September
Sorry to hear that. Was it by email?
Yes, email.
Hachiko: A Pre-Med's Tale
Full Member
+1Just received a rejection email, complete late July. I had my fingers crossed that they'd give me an interview. Oh well 🙁
toast_haste
Full Member
Oh lawd don’t let them come for me. Unless it’s an ii.
+4+3
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+5, OOS, complete 10/7.
+6, complete 7/16+5, OOS, complete 10/7.
toast_haste
Full Member
+7
shamrock27
Full Member
Anyone else interview 12/13 and still hear nothing?