2019-2020 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody know when the merit based aid applications will come out if we were invited to apply with your acceptance? Only saw the financial aid stuff come out

Members don't see this ad.

I got the email saying the application was available but I don’t see it in the financial aid portal. All that shows up is my financial aid application from when I applied here for undergrad. Anyone else having this issue?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email saying the application was available but I don’t see it in the financial aid portal. All that shows up is my financial aid application from when I applied here for undergrad. Anyone else having this issue?

I’m not having that exact issue but when I attempt to log into the financial aid website it returns: “Could not validate your student ID”.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m not having that exact issue but when I attempt to log into the financial aid website it returns: “Could not validate your student ID”.
Same. I called their IT help desk and it doesn't seem to be an issue with our Network IDs, rather it's a problem on the Financial Aid office's side so I emailed them. Can update if they respond.

Reactions: 1 user

Same. I called their IT help desk and it doesn't seem to be an issue with our Network IDs, rather it's a problem on the Financial Aid office's side so I emailed them. Can update if they respond.

I called this past week about this and it should be fixed early next week...it's not an IT issue but rather someone that's out for the holidays (and will be back this coming week) just needs to update access for the most recent acceptances

What is the interview format? The portal just says student and faculty. But how long is it? Is it open or closed file?

What is the interview format? The portal just says student and faculty. But how long is it? Is it open or closed file?
Faculty Interview is 45-60 min, student interview is about 30 min. I believe faculty see everything except MCAT and students only see the primary app minus MCAT/GPA -- the exact info was on the site somewhere

Pre-II R just now. Good luck everyone!
Edit: complete mid-late August

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
+3, sept.

woops: early oct.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Me, complete 9/1 as people post about pre-II Rs:

giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 users
Is it bad that I have not heard from them since late July..

Is it bad that I have not heard from them since late July..

I think its good! It means that they still like you and would consider you, unlike me and the other fellow rejectees

I know they mentioned how they calculate your chances of accepting an offer- I interviewed in december and am waiting to hear back. But if you have accepted an offer somewhere else will your chances of an acceptance decrease?

I know they mentioned how they calculate your chances of accepting an offer- I interviewed in december and am waiting to hear back. But if you have accepted an offer somewhere else will your chances of an acceptance decrease?
I don't think they have any access to where you've applied, been accepted, committed to, etc

I think its good! It means that they still like you and would consider you, unlike me and the other fellow rejectees

Agreed! I wasn’t sure if I was still being considered because I was complete in August but I got an II earlier this week

For those who have interviewed, does anybody remember if they said they would be bringing back the option of cadaver labs for anatomy in addition to the hololens for the incoming year? I seem to remember hearing this

For those who have interviewed, does anybody remember if they said they would be bringing back the option of cadaver labs for anatomy in addition to the hololens for the incoming year? I seem to remember hearing this
I recall them saying they will be doing a two week boot camp with the cadavers in the lab and use the hololens after that to supplement more specific organ system blocks

Reactions: 6 users
They'll keep the cadaver lab open 24/7 in the old building for anyone who wants to study classically.

Finally made an account so I could contribute to threads for future stats.
Pre II R, Complete 9/10, LM 73, Canadian

• Angry
  • Sad
You do a two week intensive cadaver lab crash course toward the beginning of your first year, and then all anatomy thereafter is done with the hololens.

For those that were also selected to apply for the deans scholarship, have y'all heard anything about when the application will be going out?

For those that were also selected to apply for the deans scholarship, have y'all heard anything about when the application will be going out?

I haven't gotten anything yet, but I think they said late January is when the app comes out

Is case one of those school's that wants lois? And is it usually post-interview or only for WLs?

LoIs are useful here and accepted by the adcom, but I would wait until post-WL

Just received a rejection email, complete late July. I had my fingers crossed that they'd give me an interview. Oh well :(

Oh lawd don’t let them come for me. Unless it’s an ii.

Does anyone know when financial aid comes out?