Jun 17, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Got the R today, pre-interview. App was complete July 21st.

Best of luck to everyone still in the running!

About the Ads
Jun 27, 2019
For anyone invited for the merit/dean's aid, do you mind giving an idea of your stats (PM or here)? I was hoping for an invite with a LM of 77, I'm wondering if I wasn't competitive enough

Last edited:
May 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Reactions: seabisket

NikoBz

He moʻolelo ia e hoʻopau ai i ka moʻolelo holoʻoko
Jul 14, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Accepted on November 6th! Interviewed Oct. 14th--
If you have any questions for me feel free to reach out! Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019
Just heard back from the Admissions office and they don't offer any more merit scholarship invitations if your offer letter doesn't already extend one. Kinda knew this to be the case, but still slightly bummed to hear it explicitly.

Reactions: girix1000
About the Ads
Jul 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Any LM < 70 ppl get IIs here? What do you think made your app stand out
Don't get so hung up on stats. Schools look for a mix of stats, experiences, diversity, etc. Christian Essman, Director of Admissions, even mentioned it on his podcast or one of Dr Gray's -- schools usually only post the mean or median, and maybe a 25-75% range, but not the entire range. Case is good enough to show the full range. Here's from Case's own website about their statistics (Class Profiles | School of Medicine | School of Medicine | Case Western Reserve University) for the 2017-2018 class. Case admitted people with sub 3.0 GPA's and just above 500 MCAT's (so their LM's would be low). Probably not a ton but they're there. It's pretty much a mystery what makes one person stand out at one school and get rejected outright at another.

Metrics and Demographics
  • Average MCAT: 516.4 (94th percentile), Range: 503 - 526
  • Average Cumulative GPA: 3.75, Range: 2.91 - 4.00
  • Average Science GPA: 3.71, Range: 2.85 - 4.00
  • 55% Female
  • Average Age 24, Age Range: 19 - 37
Just do the best you can with your stats, and be true with who you are. The right match will happen eventually.

Developer

5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2013
California
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Any LM < 70 ppl get IIs here? What do you think made your app stand out
Yes. LM <65 here, II and A.
  • Application was in line with their mission (lots of research experience)
  • Had a unique EC that I continued for >4 years as a result of personal interest—completely unrelated to medicine. involved something tech-related.
  • Massive upward trend + greatly improved post bacc. GPA, solid MCAT on first attempt.
  • URM—included for full transparency. However, this alone would not have made my application stand out from the thousands that this school receives.

May 30, 2018
Don't get so hung up on stats. Schools look for a mix of stats, experiences, diversity, etc. Christian Essman, Director of Admissions, even mentioned it on his podcast or one of Dr Gray's -- schools usually only post the mean or median, and maybe a 25-75% range, but not the entire range. Case is good enough to show the full range. Here's from Case's own website about their statistics (Class Profiles | School of Medicine | School of Medicine | Case Western Reserve University) for the 2017-2018 class. Case admitted people with sub 3.0 GPA's and just above 500 MCAT's (so their LM's would be low). Probably not a ton but they're there. It's pretty much a mystery what makes one person stand out at one school and get rejected outright at another.

Metrics and Demographics
  • Average MCAT: 516.4 (94th percentile), Range: 503 - 526
  • Average Cumulative GPA: 3.75, Range: 2.91 - 4.00
  • Average Science GPA: 3.71, Range: 2.85 - 4.00
  • 55% Female
  • Average Age 24, Age Range: 19 - 37
Just do the best you can with your stats, and be true with who you are. The right match will happen eventually.
a 19 year old? Cool.

Reactions: pink101
About the Ads

aracuna

2+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
When does Case tend to send post interview notifications?

Mar 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Accepted!!!! Interviewed 11/22
OOS, Stats in signature
Didn't expect this at all because my interview day wasn't the greatest, and I felt that I didn't articulate Why Case the best, but I think sending a thank you to the admissions office and my interviewers really drove home the point that I wanted to attend - they were incredibly responsive. Not considered for merit aid, so Case might be a little ~expensive~ haha

Mar 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Is there no deposit? Am I just losing it? haha

Nov 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know if Cleveland is a fun city to live in? I'm looking for a big city vibe that has tons of things to do on the weekends (clubs, bars, events, etc.) and is lgbtq friendly

Reactions: NatGeoLover

tbf17

2+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Alternate list, interviewed 12/9 (I’m guessing that means I have no chance for a merit scholarship even if I do get in, so probably won’t be going to case haha)

Reactions: valkirieas
About the Ads
Jul 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Add me to the waitlisted pile. Congrats to everyone accepted!!

D

deleted1024039

:1unsure: getting the case western R but the CCLCM II

I guess I'll see you cowboys in January - PM if you want to discuss my research as practice for the interview

Oct 5, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
R :(

Jan 31, 2019
Status
Medical Student
WL. A little sad because the curriculum resonated with me strongly but moving forward with no regrets. Happy for the opportunity and grateful for what I have learned during this process!

May 13, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone have statistics on WL movement here? Asking for a friend...
I know we’re a data-driven group but anecdotal evidence that I’ve heard suggests that a large chunk of the current M1s are from the waitlist - I wouldn’t lose hope!

About the Ads