You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Emory
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted!!! OOS
Congrats! Did your portal update?
It just did about an hour ago! Got the letter yesterdayCongrats! Did your portal update?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bigmedicineguy
Applying 2019-2020 Cycle
Does anyone who have not received a letter yet see an updated portal?
D
deleted972488
😍😍😍Acceptance last Friday.. could not have been happier to find an envelope sitting on the dinner table after initially checking an empty mailbox.. my roommate had moved it. Happiest I've been in my life yet.
Technically OOS. Interviewed on 10/25.
HighYieldOnly
premed killa -> killa docta?
When are they scheduling if you don’t mind?ll today!! Completed 7/14. Hope that helps
Last II for regular MD was mid February last year. They sent the last wave in the beginning of February, but one of them cancelled which led to the II in mid February.was that just for mstp or all II's in general?
Does emory accept ITAs?
future_MD_2B
Full Member
Does anyone know if we are allowed to add more updates after our initial one? The box says up to 1000 word updates are allowed, so I was wondering if we can go back and add more later in the cycle if we don't fill up the 1000 words with the first update.
D
deleted969405
is emory done giving II?
SleazySalesMed
ABC's - Always Be Closing
is emory done giving II?
Am I missing something? Is there an insider here? Or are they publishing this on Twitter or some other social media account? (Michigan does this)
happy_to_be_here
Full Member
I don't think so! I got an II last week, and there was openings for January 13th and January 27th. I think they interview all the way through February as well. I hope this helps!!is emory done giving II?
turbo_yeet
Full Member
II today for 12/20! Someone next week backed out apparently, and I'm in driving distance of Atlanta.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would you mind sharing when you were complete and LM?I don't think so! I got an II last week, and there was openings for January 13th and January 27th. I think they interview all the way through February as well. I hope this helps!!
happy_to_be_here
Full Member
Of course! I was complete 7/30 and LM 73Would you mind sharing when you were complete and LM?
Is the portal down for everyone? Mine seems to be down.
Is the portal down for everyone? Mine seems to be down.
interesting, I was able to log into mine
interesting, I was able to log into mine
Think it might have to do with my work's wifi. Just checked on my phone via data and it's working there, but not on my work computer. Strange. Don't want to start any conspiracy theories, lol.
II today for 12/20! Someone next week backed out apparently, and I'm in driving distance of Atlanta.
Do you mind sharing your complete date?
any chance you added a school to your primary application around that november date? or uploaded another letter to AMCAS?the portal says my letters were received in november even though my app was complete in july.....and i dont have an II from here.........yikes
turbo_yeet
Full Member
7/25Do you mind sharing your complete date?
Is Emory receptive to ITAs?
Since Emory has that unique text box on their portal that just stays live and you edit/save, did any of y'all who sent updates email or call them to ensure they received it?
ochem_master2
Full Member
recently got a paper published, should I post an update as soon as possible, or wait till the end of the semester in a week to get a final grade update as well? Does anyone have thoughts or experiences?
DragonAlegraSeal
Full Member
I would wait and get the grade if you think your going to receive high marks 🙂recently got a paper published, should I post an update as soon as possible, or wait till the end of the semester in a week to get a final grade update as well? Does anyone have thoughts or experiences?
D
deleted688779
I'd say it depends on your GPA. If you have a 3.8-4.0 then a few A's won't make a difference, in this case, it would be better to get your update in soon so they can view it before they proceed any further in the cycle that is already in the later processes. If you are trying to prove an upward trend, I'd say those few A's will hold more value.recently got a paper published, should I post an update as soon as possible, or wait till the end of the semester in a week to get a final grade update as well? Does anyone have thoughts or experiences?
medschoolthrowaway2020
Full Member
Not sure when they meet but decisions go out on dec 23When does the ADCOM meet again?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all- I have a question on updates. After I submitted my app I got a research job where I have been doing grant and manuscript writing and have 2 papers on track to submit. I also moved back to Atlanta. I am wondering if there is a way to update my address separately from the limited word count for general updates for Emory? Also, if anyone thinks this is worth updating since they do not know that I am working/publishing? Thank you!
Address changes need to be submitted through AMCAS.Hi all- I have a question on updates. After I submitted my app I got a research job where I have been doing grant and manuscript writing and have 2 papers on track to submit. I also moved back to Atlanta. I am wondering if there is a way to update my address separately from the limited word count for general updates for Emory? Also, if anyone thinks this is worth updating since they do not know that I am working/publishing? Thank you!
So when is the next R wave here...? I've been getting straight silence from so many schools, I'm now just looking forward to a few rejections to fill in my spreadsheet
Bigmedicineguy
Applying 2019-2020 Cycle
So when is the next R wave here...? I've been getting straight silence from so many schools, I'm now just looking forward to a few rejections to fill in my spreadsheet
Emory doesn't reject anybody until deep into Spring
tehe123tehe456
Full Member
does anyone know if Emory typically continues to send out interviews after the new year? will there be another ii wave?!?!
ls1422
Full Member
My friend got an interview in January and is now an M3 theredoes anyone know if Emory typically continues to send out interviews after the new year? will there be another ii wave?!?!
tehe123tehe456
Full Member
this is what i wanted/needed to hear! woohoo there is hopeMy friend got an interview in January and is now an M3 there
383517
Full Member
me toothis is what i wanted/needed to hear! woohoo there is hope
Pre-med9820
Full Member
Does emory expect undergraduate seniors currently applying/waiting to hear back about IIs to update them with their falls semester grades? or is that a personal decision if you want to send your updated transcript?
My friend got an interview in January and is now an M3 there
So when is the next R wave here...? I've been getting straight silence from so many schools, I'm now just looking forward to a few rejections to fill in my spreadsheet
This resonates with me deeply. End my app Emory. Do it.
D
deleted969405
I thought emory was one of the few schools that actually state in their secondary that they don't send rejection emails throughout the cycle?So when is the next R wave here...? I've been getting straight silence from so many schools, I'm now just looking forward to a few rejections to fill in my spreadsheet
I thought emory was one of the few schools that actually state in their secondary that they don't send rejection emails throughout the cycle?
And you are right! I just checked my secondary and read the fine print. I guess I'll update my spreadsheet in late Feb then...
Attachments
D
deleted969405
Wow I didn't know they had an end date lol, I just assumed the entire cycle (July-June). That gives me at least some hope that the "what-ifs" will end in March at least lolAnd you are right! I just checked my secondary and read the fine print. I guess I'll update my spreadsheet in late Feb then...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do we know if they are they done with IIs?
Do we know if they are they done with IIs?
My friend got an interview in January and is now an M3 there
randomnameforthisforum
Full Member
anyone else anxiously waiting for 12/23 release date