2019-2020 Emory

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to be bothersome about this, but, just to get a clearer idea, how does the acceptance cycle work for Emory? Is there an average time post interview, or do they release acceptances in cycles?
 
Sorry to be bothersome about this, but, just to get a clearer idea, how does the acceptance cycle work for Emory? Is there an average time post interview, or do they release acceptances in cycles?

they release on specific dates, usually one a month. I think there are 2 (or 3?) more release dates. I don’t have my folder in front of me right now, but I can update this post later with the dates or someone else can chime in who has it.
 
they release on specific dates, usually one a month. I think there are 2 (or 3?) more release dates. I don’t have my folder in front of me right now, but I can update this post later with the dates or someone else can chime in who has it.
Thanks, no worries, I don't interview for like a week and a half, just wanted to know how long between then and getting to exhale.
 
Does interviewing for a secondary degree like an MPH or an MBA affect admissions odds at all? I'm inclined to think not here.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There’s no January day to hear back after an interview right?? Interviewed 12/9 I can’t find that sheet they gave us but I thought there were 2 days in feb
 
Received an II today also! I am not from Georgia and the dates left are Feb 7, 10, 14, and 21. Also LM 79 and I have been complete since late July and didn't send any updates or anything.
congrats!! do you think the dates are filling up or do you suspect there will be more ii's sent out? just really hoping for one ah!!!
 
Hey guys - do any current students/anyone from the ATL area have recommendations on what to do/where to eat in the city if you’re there for a weekend post-interview?
 
Hey guys - do any current students/anyone from the ATL area have recommendations on what to do/where to eat in the city if you’re there for a weekend post-interview?

Downtown Decatur is roughly 10 minutes by car from Emory. Some of my favorite restaurants/bars in Atlanta are all located within a 0.1 mile radius there. Just hop on Yelp once you're there to help you find what you're looking for.

Krog Street Market and Ponce City Market are great places to spend a day. You can rent a bike/roller blades or walk (20-30 minutes apart) along the Beltline from Krog to Ponce and vice versa. The sunset views of the city on the Beltline are stunning, and there are also great local art/restaurants/shops/breweries all along the Beltline.

The Westside/Howell Mill also has some interesting shops/restaurants if you've exhausted the above.

I'd personally stay away from tourist attractions like the aquarium and coca-cola factory because they are just too crowded on weekends.
 
Does anyone know whether the 1:1 and the 3:3 interviews are open or closed file? Also are they held in the morning or afternoon? Lastly, are they back to back?

Sorry for all the questions but would appreciate the help. Thanks!
 
Does anyone know whether the 1:1 and the 3:3 interviews are open or closed file? Also are they held in the morning or afternoon? Lastly, are they back to back?

Sorry for all the questions but would appreciate the help. Thanks!

Interviewed here last year. The 1:1 felt closed file, 3:3 is definitely open file. You’ll be notified your interview day of. And they may be back to back or you might have a 30ish min break in between.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know whether the 1:1 and the 3:3 interviews are open or closed file? Also are they held in the morning or afternoon? Lastly, are they back to back?

Sorry for all the questions but would appreciate the help. Thanks!

They split the group into 2, one half tours Grady/Emory while the other half interviews and vise versa after lunch & some presentations. So your interviews will either be both in the morning or afternoon. You could have the group interview first or the 1:1. You could have them back to back or have anywhere between a 30 minute to an hour gap. The wait flies by because you'll be waiting with others in an open area where students are constantly walking by to answer questions and say hi. This is how my day went anyways.

They'll tell you at lunch the group interviewers get your personal statement, but they're allowed to look through your application afterwards. All the 1:1 gets is your personal statement, but I don't remember if they look at your application after.

There's no benefit of knowing the layout of the day ahead of time, but I'm also someone who likes to know every detail regardless. It's a long day, but super informative and fun!

Also, for anyone hesitant... BRING COMFORTABLE SHOES!! They're not playing about the walking tour lol

Good luck!!! I hope this helped 🙂