2019-2020 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yes i thnk someone emailed them previously and they said just add it below/above the old update with a date for each one

Perfect. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

In the update section can you put a letter of interest or would you email that?

In the update section can you put a letter of interest or would you email that?
At my interview they told us they don't really do interest letters and they assume that if you haven't withdrawn, then you are interested. So you can try but it might not go anywhere.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to be bothersome about this, but, just to get a clearer idea, how does the acceptance cycle work for Emory? Is there an average time post interview, or do they release acceptances in cycles?

Sorry to be bothersome about this, but, just to get a clearer idea, how does the acceptance cycle work for Emory? Is there an average time post interview, or do they release acceptances in cycles?

they release on specific dates, usually one a month. I think there are 2 (or 3?) more release dates. I don’t have my folder in front of me right now, but I can update this post later with the dates or someone else can chime in who has it.

they release on specific dates, usually one a month. I think there are 2 (or 3?) more release dates. I don’t have my folder in front of me right now, but I can update this post later with the dates or someone else can chime in who has it.
Thanks, no worries, I don't interview for like a week and a half, just wanted to know how long between then and getting to exhale.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when they send the invitations out for the scholarship interview

Does interviewing for a secondary degree like an MPH or an MBA affect admissions odds at all? I'm inclined to think not here.

Next acceptance roll out? did they already do January?

Complete early July, LM 78 silence.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today, caught me entirely by surprise! Complete early sept/OOS/LM ~67

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Does anyone know how late Emory interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the II yesterday, but decided to withdraw! Hope one of yall gets it - good luck!! :)

Reactions: 24 users
There’s no January day to hear back after an interview right?? Interviewed 12/9 I can’t find that sheet they gave us but I thought there were 2 days in feb

There’s no January day to hear back after an interview right?? Interviewed 12/9 I can’t find that sheet they gave us but I thought there were 2 days in feb
Correct, my sheet says they will mail out acceptances February 3rd, February 17th, and March 9th.

Reactions: 2 users
Received an II today also! I am not from Georgia and the dates left are Feb 7, 10, 14, and 21. Also LM 79 and I have been complete since late July and didn't send any updates or anything.

Reactions: 12 users
Received an II today also! I am not from Georgia and the dates left are Feb 7, 10, 14, and 21. Also LM 79 and I have been complete since late July and didn't send any updates or anything.
congrats!! do you think the dates are filling up or do you suspect there will be more ii's sent out? just really hoping for one ah!!!

LM 72, I live in the metro-Atlanta area, and I got an early February date! I did send an update earlier this month and was complete early august. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys - do any current students/anyone from the ATL area have recommendations on what to do/where to eat in the city if you’re there for a weekend post-interview?

Hey guys - do any current students/anyone from the ATL area have recommendations on what to do/where to eat in the city if you’re there for a weekend post-interview?

Downtown Decatur is roughly 10 minutes by car from Emory. Some of my favorite restaurants/bars in Atlanta are all located within a 0.1 mile radius there. Just hop on Yelp once you're there to help you find what you're looking for.

Krog Street Market and Ponce City Market are great places to spend a day. You can rent a bike/roller blades or walk (20-30 minutes apart) along the Beltline from Krog to Ponce and vice versa. The sunset views of the city on the Beltline are stunning, and there are also great local art/restaurants/shops/breweries all along the Beltline.

The Westside/Howell Mill also has some interesting shops/restaurants if you've exhausted the above.

I'd personally stay away from tourist attractions like the aquarium and coca-cola factory because they are just too crowded on weekends.

Reactions: 6 users
congrats!! do you think the dates are filling up or do you suspect there will be more ii's sent out? just really hoping for one ah!!!

If I had to guess there will be another week or two of II

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Anyone who is considering an MD/MPH how was the Rollins part of the day?

Does anyone know whether the 1:1 and the 3:3 interviews are open or closed file? Also are they held in the morning or afternoon? Lastly, are they back to back?

Sorry for all the questions but would appreciate the help. Thanks!

Does anyone know whether the 1:1 and the 3:3 interviews are open or closed file? Also are they held in the morning or afternoon? Lastly, are they back to back?

Interviewed here last year. The 1:1 felt closed file, 3:3 is definitely open file. You’ll be notified your interview day of. And they may be back to back or you might have a 30ish min break in between.

They split the group into 2, one half tours Grady/Emory while the other half interviews and vise versa after lunch & some presentations. So your interviews will either be both in the morning or afternoon. You could have the group interview first or the 1:1. You could have them back to back or have anywhere between a 30 minute to an hour gap. The wait flies by because you'll be waiting with others in an open area where students are constantly walking by to answer questions and say hi. This is how my day went anyways.

They'll tell you at lunch the group interviewers get your personal statement, but they're allowed to look through your application afterwards. All the 1:1 gets is your personal statement, but I don't remember if they look at your application after.

There's no benefit of knowing the layout of the day ahead of time, but I'm also someone who likes to know every detail regardless. It's a long day, but super informative and fun!

Also, for anyone hesitant... BRING COMFORTABLE SHOES!! They're not playing about the walking tour lol

Good luck!!! I hope this helped :)

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks so much!! I really appreciate it. I just like to know if there’s a chance I’ll be interviewing in the afternoon because I like to pack an extra coffee in my bag. That post lunch 2pm drowsiness hits me hard lol
I feel like they provided coffee all day!
or tea.... either way there's cold & hot water lol

Reactions: 3 users
Omg I want an II here so bad that I will do anythinggg! Did anyone call or email the admissions office? I have been updating my app periodically but who knows if they see that lol

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone who is considering an MD/MPH how was the Rollins part of the day?
It’s about 30 minutes, they just pull you aside and do a quick pitch for the program. They try to sell you on everything about the school all day. As someone interested in health policy, I found it engaging.