You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Emory
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
futureMD2020L
New Member
also have offer of admission, next to welcome tab
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also have offer of admission, next to welcome tab
When did you interview?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Should we send our fall grades as an update?
Aren't we allI'm desperate
medschoolthrowaway2020
Full Member
Yes a family member sent them one and got an II invite about two weeks later and ended up matriculatingDoes anyone know if Emory is receptive to Letters of Interest pre-II? I'm desperate I want to send them one lol
Do you guys know how we go about updating Emory on our fall grades if there is no way to upload on the portal?
Do you guys know how we go about updating Emory on our fall grades if there is no way to upload on the portal?
you can probably just list them out where you provide updates would be my best guess.
There is a way to update them on the portal lolDo you guys know how we go about updating Emory on our fall grades if there is no way to upload on the portal?
I’m just not near my laptop to look so I’m gonna ask. Are they releasing A’s this month? What date?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has anyone submitted their updates by writing an update letter and pasting that into the text box? Or just submitting individual updates as they come?
I pasted one letter in the box
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Medapplicant19
Full Member
Does anyone know if Emory is done with IIs?
I pasted one letter in the box
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1
I have a question: someone told me that Emory accepts 2 peace corps volunteers and an americorps volunteer every cycle. Like specifically reserve spaces for those candidates. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I cant find any information about it but this is very relevant to my situation lol
That would be nice as that applies to me as well haha. BUt no luck here just yet.I have a question: someone told me that Emory accepts 2 peace corps volunteers and an americorps volunteer every cycle. Like specifically reserve spaces for those candidates. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I cant find any information about it but this is very relevant to my situation lol
D
deleted688779
That’d be hard to know. If that were true, it’d likely be an interally guarded secret. Ask and they’ll deny.I have a question: someone told me that Emory accepts 2 peace corps volunteers and an americorps volunteer every cycle. Like specifically reserve spaces for those candidates. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I cant find any information about it but this is very relevant to my situation lol
there's a place for updates on the portalForgive me if this has been asked I couldn’t find it! Does anyone remember if updates should be uploaded to the portal or emailed? Is it different for MSTP?
Really random, just now got an ii. Not gonna go though, hope someone who rly wants it gets it!
tehe123tehe456
Full Member
Congrats (even though you aren't gonna go)! What interview dates are they offering?Really random, just now got an ii. Not gonna go though, hope someone who rly wants it gets it!
Thanks, there are 3 in late jan and one early feb 🙂
crepuscular.ray
Full Member
Just got an II, submitted in early July!
tehe123tehe456
Full Member
congrats!!!! and did you get it like JUST now? REALLY hoping for an ii here!!!Just got an II, submitted in early July!
crepuscular.ray
Full Member
Thanks! Yep, I was surprised since I haven't heard anything from them since my application was completecongrats!!!! and did you get it like JUST now? REALLY hoping for an ii here!!!
tehe123tehe456
Full Member
congrats!!! did you get it just now? just trying to gauge if they send the ii's all at once, or if they stagger them throughout the dayGot an II! Dates at end of Jan and early Feb.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats!!! did you get it just now? just trying to gauge if they send the ii's all at once, or if they stagger them throughout the day
I got it around 3pm!
Just got an II at 1:30 pacific. Super excited about this program!
tehe123tehe456
Full Member
do people think this is the last wave of ii's?? congrats to everyone who received one today!!! just wondering if there is still a shot lol
iSick
Full Member
same lolcongrats!!! did you get it just now? just trying to gauge if they send the ii's all at once, or if they stagger them throughout the day
II around 4PM!! Complete late August.
Edit: 4PM EST
Edit: 4PM EST
Did any of you who sent updates get a confirmation email after submitting thru the portal?
Did any of you who sent updates get a confirmation email after submitting thru the portal?
I did not receive an email.
I did not receive an email.
+1
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
futureMD2020L
New Member
Does anyone know when second look day is?
Does anyone know when second look day is?
If someone knows, please add:
2020 Second Look Weekends Compilation
2020 Second Look Weekends Compilation
I saw one of these threads for 2019, so I figured I would get this one started for the coming year! Let's list the 2020 second look weekend dates for the schools as we learn about them. It will also be a place to get our questions confirmed if some schools do not have them at all! :)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a Sunday?Just got an II from here. How good would my chances be? Am I going for a waitlist spot? Got other acceptances so it’s not the worst thing if yes.
Just got an II from here. How good would my chances be? Am I going for a waitlist spot? Got other acceptances so it’s not the worst thing if yes.
I don't think anyone knows the real answer to this, but I will say there were definitely people who got accepted from later interviews according to the thread from last year. good luck!
hopefulpremed3211
Full Member
Congrats, do you remember what interview dates were left? And I agree with aboveJust got an II from here. How good would my chances be? Am I going for a waitlist spot? Got other acceptances so it’s not the worst thing if yes.
Just got an II from here. How good would my chances be? Am I going for a waitlist spot? Got other acceptances so it’s not the worst thing if yes.
Congrats! What are your stats like?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No haha but I was on a vacation so wasn’t on my email Friday.On a Sunday?
Thanks!I don't think anyone knows the real answer to this, but I will say there were definitely people who got accepted from later interviews according to the thread from last year. good luck!
yes i thnk someone emailed them previously and they said just add it below/above the old update with a date for each oneHey does anyone know how I can submit an additional update here? Should I just add my new update above the previous update (given that the word limit is 1000 words) and put in the dates when I submitted the updates to distinguish between the two?