2020-2021 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Everyone! I created an account just to share some info with everyone. My significant other applied here this year and did not receive an interview invite. I was honestly pretty shocked. She has a 522 MCAT, three bachelors of science degrees, 3.7+ GPA, from Atlanta, very strong extracurriculars, LOR, scribing experience, clinical shadowing, biology lab experience, etc. To me what would seem like a truly perfect candidate for the school.

Do not feel bad if you didn't get an interview cause there is NO rhyme or reason for why someone gets chosen, once your stats are at a certain level.
You will all go on to do great things. :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 23 users
the whole admissions offer tab on the portal is not binding right?
Yeah nothing for Emory is binding until you actually choose at the end of April. They way they described it originally is that it’s more of an “acknowledgment” that you got your acceptance because they are the only school that does snail mail for acceptances. They just want to make sure it didn’t get lost in the mail and that you know you got accepted. Not binding.

Reactions: 1 users
Bit of a silly question, but is the Office of Multicultural Affairs meeting during your interview day only for URM, or can Asians also attend? I'm really interested in learning more about their initiatives, but I don't want to take up space if it's not meant for me :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Bit of a silly question, but is the Office of Multicultural Affairs meeting during your interview day only for URM, or can Asians also attend? I'm really interested in learning more about their initiatives, but I don't want to take up space if it's not meant for me :)
I think anybody can attend, I remember seeing multiple non-URM students there.

Reactions: 4 users
I had the same question but felt silly asking it. Thanks for taking one for the team :)

• Care
I feel like they mentioned when second look would be during interviews but I can't remember. does anyone know?

Did everyone who interviewed receive a "how to apply for fin aid" email that evening? It even gave me a student ID number.....I feel like this is promising!!!!

Did everyone who interviewed receive a "how to apply for fin aid" email that evening? It even gave me a student ID number.....I feel like this is promising!!!!
I’m not sure if we are talking about the same email (the one with the link for OPUS) but I think anyone who sent their FAFSA to Emory gets that email. The only reason I think that is that my friend who is applying to law school at Emory even got that email and she ended up getting rejected (or waitlisted or something other than accepted) after. If it is that email, I don’t think it is a hint that you got accepted or anything. (Not trying to sound negative! I just want to not have you go through anything similar to what my friend went through!—good luck regardless!!)

Reactions: 1 user
I’m not sure if we are talking about the same email (the one with the link for OPUS) but I think anyone who sent their FAFSA to Emory gets that email. The only reason I think that is that my friend who is applying to law school at Emory even got that email and she ended up getting rejected (or waitlisted or something other than accepted) after. If it is that email, I don’t think it is a hint that you got accepted or anything. (Not trying to sound negative! I just want to not have you go through anything similar to what my friend went through!—good luck regardless!!)
Okay thanks! I was just curious.

alright I interviewed 12/21 and have not received an A or R yet... is all hope lost or do we think I can get in with this last wave of A's coming in March?

I spoke with admissions today.
Their last interview is Feb 26, and all their invitations for that date have been sent out.
She said that IIs will be sporadically sent out through that time, only if others are turning down or pulling out of their IIs.
Does this mean that if we haven't gotten an II yet, the pre-II R is imminent? :(

• Wow
Reactions: 12 users
alright I interviewed 12/21 and have not received an A or R yet... is all hope lost or do we think I can get in with this last wave of A's coming in March?
+1 11/23 anyone know if the whole “your application will remain in consideration at all subsequent meetings” thing is actually real or nah

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 11/23 anyone know if the whole “your application will remain in consideration at all subsequent meetings” thing is actually real or nah
+1, or does anyone know roughly what percentage of the class has been filled?

Like for the last wave of A's in March, will it be just the last 10-20% of slots or will it account for the majority of slots, like 50%+ of the class? (similar to what other schools, like Feinberg, do)

+1, or does anyone know roughly what percentage of the class has been filled?

Like for the last wave of A's in March, will it be just the last 10-20% of slots or will it account for the majority of slots, like 50%+ of the class? (similar to what other schools, like Feinberg, do)
+1 interviewed 10/30 and its been silent ever since

+1 interviewed 10/30 and its been silent ever since
+1 interviewed early on and silence for months, have sent a couple updates as well. I felt so confident after my interview and thought they went incredibly well. Really hope March 8 shows a massive A wave, trying not to lose hope as this is my number 1!!

Reactions: 3 users
BBB6EEFF-7E0D-4750-BC86-2423628AB43B.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the next round of MD/PhD acceptances comes out this weekend?
I have written down from my interview (a little over a week ago) that they would make their A calls March 6-7. The packet they sent us said the letters would be sent out March 8 along with regular MD folks.

finally got that sweet pre-ii r lol. complete 9/15. and btw the subject of the email is "Our Interview Season Has Ended"

Reactions: 9 users
Arrrrrr

After this many Rs, I gotta get creative with my posts y'all.

Reactions: 6 users
Wait, according to the email (14k+ applicants) and last year's post II acceptance data, Emory had almost double the number of applicants this cycle... brutal

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R, but it's all good, best of luck to everyone still interviewing and waiting, you'll definitely end up where you're meant to be, no matter where that is :)

Pre-II R, complete in September. Good luck to those still being considered for an acceptance!

Pre-II R, complete in July. Good luck, and congrats to those accepted to this amazing school!

R matey. Pre-II. Wasn't a good fit here anyway.

pre-ii reject; they said their interview season is over

• Care
Pre-II R, see you guys next time

It's really over huh nakamas

I'll see you all on the ERAS threads in a couple years, im comin for u some day emory

• Love
pre-ii R-but it was an interview session over soooooo
technically a we dont have room ;D lmao

When's the March A wave again? Fingers crossed for all the Fall interviewees here <3

a lil late to the pre-ii R parade, but it was good while it lasted, y'all! good luck w the rest of the cycle :)