2020-2021 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone! I created an account just to share some info with everyone. My significant other applied here this year and did not receive an interview invite. I was honestly pretty shocked. She has a 522 MCAT, three bachelors of science degrees, 3.7+ GPA, from Atlanta, very strong extracurriculars, LOR, scribing experience, clinical shadowing, biology lab experience, etc. To me what would seem like a truly perfect candidate for the school.

Do not feel bad if you didn't get an interview cause there is NO rhyme or reason for why someone gets chosen, once your stats are at a certain level.
You will all go on to do great things. 🙂
 
the whole admissions offer tab on the portal is not binding right?
Yeah nothing for Emory is binding until you actually choose at the end of April. They way they described it originally is that it’s more of an “acknowledgment” that you got your acceptance because they are the only school that does snail mail for acceptances. They just want to make sure it didn’t get lost in the mail and that you know you got accepted. Not binding.
 
Bit of a silly question, but is the Office of Multicultural Affairs meeting during your interview day only for URM, or can Asians also attend? I'm really interested in learning more about their initiatives, but I don't want to take up space if it's not meant for me 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bit of a silly question, but is the Office of Multicultural Affairs meeting during your interview day only for URM, or can Asians also attend? I'm really interested in learning more about their initiatives, but I don't want to take up space if it's not meant for me 🙂
I had the same question but felt silly asking it. Thanks for taking one for the team 🙂
 
Did everyone who interviewed receive a "how to apply for fin aid" email that evening? It even gave me a student ID number.....I feel like this is promising!!!!
 
Did everyone who interviewed receive a "how to apply for fin aid" email that evening? It even gave me a student ID number.....I feel like this is promising!!!!
I’m not sure if we are talking about the same email (the one with the link for OPUS) but I think anyone who sent their FAFSA to Emory gets that email. The only reason I think that is that my friend who is applying to law school at Emory even got that email and she ended up getting rejected (or waitlisted or something other than accepted) after. If it is that email, I don’t think it is a hint that you got accepted or anything. (Not trying to sound negative! I just want to not have you go through anything similar to what my friend went through!—good luck regardless!!)
 
I’m not sure if we are talking about the same email (the one with the link for OPUS) but I think anyone who sent their FAFSA to Emory gets that email. The only reason I think that is that my friend who is applying to law school at Emory even got that email and she ended up getting rejected (or waitlisted or something other than accepted) after. If it is that email, I don’t think it is a hint that you got accepted or anything. (Not trying to sound negative! I just want to not have you go through anything similar to what my friend went through!—good luck regardless!!)
Okay thanks! I was just curious.
 
+1 11/23 anyone know if the whole “your application will remain in consideration at all subsequent meetings” thing is actually real or nah
+1, or does anyone know roughly what percentage of the class has been filled?

Like for the last wave of A's in March, will it be just the last 10-20% of slots or will it account for the majority of slots, like 50%+ of the class? (similar to what other schools, like Feinberg, do)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BBB6EEFF-7E0D-4750-BC86-2423628AB43B.jpeg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pre-ii R-but it was an interview session over soooooo
technically a we dont have room ;D lmao
 
a lil late to the pre-ii R parade, but it was good while it lasted, y'all! good luck w the rest of the cycle 🙂