2019-2020 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dear Memelord,

The Student Doctor Network invites you to take the next step with your application. Please visit your SDN Applicant Gateway via this link to complete your next activity.
How do you get it to say "this link"?!?! I have been trying to add rickrolling to my signature for like a year now but it keeps displaying the name...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How do you get it to say "this link"?!?! I have been trying to add rickrolling to my signature for like a year now but it keeps displaying the name...

Type the text, highlight the text you want to hyperlink then click the chainlink icon next to the picture of the mountains on the toolbar. It will let you input the link there.

Type the text, highlight the text you want to hyperlink then click the chainlink icon next to the picture of the mountains on the toolbar. It will let you input the link there.
Perfect. I found something better and more applicable to memelord.

Members don't see this ad :)
On the requirements, it says they take AP credit for math. But when they ask you to select math/stats courses on the transcript, there's no option for AP. Should we assume that they'll see it? I'm literally .6 credits short otherwise.

On the requirements, it says they take AP credit for math. But when they ask you to select math/stats courses on the transcript, there's no option for AP. Should we assume that they'll see it? I'm literally .6 credits short otherwise.

That's strange, mine shows up for math. Were your AP courses included in your college transcript?

did you put AP math on your coursework section on your primary?

That's strange, mine shows up for math. Were your AP courses included in your college transcript?
did you put AP math on your coursework section on your primary?

I didn't explicitly list it on primary, as I wasn't sure how to list it considering I didn't take it at my undergrad. It was just given as credits below my course work.

That being said, it's listed on my transcript. Just not as a course.

Unsure how to proceed. I have a math seminar I could put down that's a unit and would put me over the 6 unit minimum, but it wasn't calculus or statistics.

I didn't explicitly list it on primary, as I wasn't sure how to list it considering I didn't take it at my undergrad. It was just given as credits below my course work.

Unsure how to proceed. I have a math seminar I could put down that's a unit and would put me over the 6 unit minimum, but it wasn't calculus or statistics.
To anyone reading, a simple google will solve many a problem:

To anyone reading, a simple google will solve many a problem:

Yeah, obviously I see this now. I'm unsure of how I can rectify the problem.

If a school requests my transcripts, they'll clearly see AP credit listed for math.

Yeah, obviously I see this now. I'm unsure of how I can rectify the problem.

If a school requests my transcripts, they'll clearly see AP credit listed for math.
Just email the school with your mistake and ask if they accept document uploads or the like.

Just email the school with your mistake and ask if they accept document uploads or the like.

Will do!

Hopefully, this doesn't ultimately hold me back at schools. IIRC, there aren't a lot of schools that even require a full year of math. Anything less than that and I'm golden regardless.

oops ya I think in the JHU secondary the list of classes to choose from is coming from what you put into your courseworks section on your primary. Probably just email them to explain?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same I got the complete email today too. Almost gave me a heart attack

How long did it take for folks to get a secondary after submitting primary? I just added hopkins to my list (re-submitted AMCAS yesterday), and jw when i should expect it

How long did it take for folks to get a secondary after submitting primary? I just added hopkins to my list (re-submitted AMCAS yesterday), and jw when i should expect it
I was verified early (before June 28) so not sure how long after adding Hopkins. However, they are one of the schools who sent early secondaries in the first week of July. Good luck!

Anyone not get a complete email yet?

Reactions: 2 users
just to confirm, people arent aiming or getting near to 9999 characters right? i was thinking of basing my answer character counts as the same as previous years and being as concise as possible around 1000 characters because they mentioned "briefly describe"

Last edited:
Hopkins trying to stop my heart with that "Complete" email on #MichiganMonday... cmon Johnny....

Got the complete email today

II this afternoon, wasn't expecting one this early. LM 83-85. complete sometime last week.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Also quick question: is this “complete” email something you get after you’ve uploaded the photo and pre req’s? My portal says my app is finished but still no email

Thanks! And this complete email came after you uploaded the photo and pre req’s right?

Idk if this timeline is typical, but I submitted 7/2, got an email inviting me to upload the photo and pre reqs 7/17, uploaded them straight away, and only got the complete email yesterday (7/29). Maybe a 1-2 week wait for the complete email is standard

Edit: the portal said I was "finished" the whole time even before I got the complete email

Idk if this timeline is typical, but I submitted 7/2, got an email inviting me to upload the photo and pre reqs 7/17, uploaded them straight away, and only got the complete email yesterday (7/29). Maybe a 1-2 week wait for the complete email is standard

Edit: the portal said I was "finished" the whole time even before I got the complete email

This is incredibly helpful, thanks for the details! Do you know when your committee letter/LOR’s were submitted?
And good luck :)

I submitted 7/22 and have neither received the email inviting me to upload the photo and pre-reqs nor the complete email. Hopefully it comes soon!

This is incredibly helpful, thanks for the details! Do you know when your committee letter/LOR’s were submitted?
And good luck :)

Happy to help! My committee letter was sent to AMCAS in early June, so I think it was in my portal around the time I submitted my secondary on 7/2, but that's a good question. Good luck to you too!

Have any MSTP applicants received the complete email? I submitted a few weeks ago and have yet to receive that email.

MAKE IT TEN FOR ME BOIS

• Wow
Reactions: 14 users
I hate being a middling applicant. But congrats nonetheless @ raptor