2019-2020 Kaiser (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still have not yet received a secondary, and I too was verified early and sent my app the first day. I'm OOS though
I'm OOS and received one; was verified 6/06 but also had transcript, letters, and MCAT score sent in by the time AMCAS distributed. Could this be why you all haven't gotten yours?
 
+1 have the same issue... they probably just need to process the letters still
Call them? I'm complete and awaiting review (8:39 PM PST, 6/30). Complete was my status after secondary submission too, which was weird because my most important LOR wasn't transmitted to AMCAS/Kaiser until 7/2/19 at 4:49 AM PST.
 
Call them? I'm complete and awaiting review (8:39 PM PST, 6/30). Complete was my status after secondary submission too, which was weird because my most important LOR wasn't transmitted to AMCAS/Kaiser until 7/2/19 at 4:49 AM PST.

Emailed them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm OOS and received one; was verified 6/06 but also had transcript, letters, and MCAT score sent in by the time AMCAS distributed. Could this be why you all haven't gotten yours?
I was verified by 6/2 and had all letters and transcripts by the time of submission
 
Which email did you send it to? And did they reply?

"Thank you for your email. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. I can confirm we have received your letter of recommendations. We are working with our application developer to correct your status update."
 
"Thank you for your email. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. I can confirm we have received your letter of recommendations. We are working with our application developer to correct your status update."
I'm having the same issue, should I email them too? or do you think they're going to try fixing it for all applicants
 
I'm having the same issue, should I email them too? or do you think they're going to try fixing it for all applicants

I'm assuming they'll fix it for all applicants. Seems like a pretty common issue. My WashU portal has the same problem.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone with the Letters issue gotten it fixed so far?
270163
 
Was verified and sent my primary to kaiser first day. Still no secondary is everyone in state? Their website didn’t mention any cutoffs.
I'm out of state. Primary verified on 6/28 and secondary received 6/29. They might send out secondaries in an order other than date/time they received primary app.
 
same 🙁

Still have not yet received the secondary. A previous poster mentioned that other aspects of my app might be holding me back from receiving a secondary (for example, my LORs are still not yet submitted to AMCAS unfortunately), but it also could very well be that KP is sending the secondaries in batches and ours is still not out yet. either way, I'm not too worried, at least not yet lol
 
Kaiser's page states the following for LORs: "Three to six individual letters submitted by three professionals familiar with your academic performance and personal attributes"

Does the bolded imply they want at least 3 professor LORs (assuming extracurricular LORs don't touch much on academic performance)?
 
Kaiser's page states the following for LORs: "Three to six individual letters submitted by three professionals familiar with your academic performance and personal attributes"

Does the bolded imply they want at least 3 professor LORs (assuming extracurricular LORs don't touch much on academic performance)?

It's common place for schools to require two science and one non science letter from professors- totalling 3. Any extracurricular letters would be extras.
 
Last edited:
Still have not yet received the secondary. A previous poster mentioned that other aspects of my app might be holding me back from receiving a secondary (for example, my LORs are still not yet submitted to AMCAS unfortunately), but it also could very well be that KP is sending the secondaries in batches and ours is still not out yet. either way, I'm not too worried, at least not yet lol
Actually I received a secondary and my LOR has not been submitted yet to AMCAS either!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad