-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Kaiser (Tyson)
Started by OchemOficionado
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted972488
Congrats!!! Please love me, too, Kaiser.II! So excited!
Congrats! Stats?
3.5 sGPA/520 MCAT OOS URM
My stats are misleading. Had a .7 GPA my freshman year and have been practicing as a PA-C for a couple of years. I am sure they are holistic in their screen if that helps anyone feel better. We're all gonna make it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II as well just 5 minutes ago!!! So much hype!
II as well just 5 minutes ago!!! So much hype!
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your completion date?
Congratulations for the II's!!
July 1st!Congrats! Do you mind sharing your completion date?
July 1st!
Thanks and Congrats again!
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats?II just now!
3.98, 515, OOS and ORM. Solid ECs but nothing amazing compared to everyone else on SDN lolCongrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Congrats! A:so, 3.98 ain't nothing to sneeze at ...3.98, 515, OOS and ORM. Solid ECs but nothing amazing compared to everyone else on SDN lol
D
deleted972488
Congrats, everyone! Hope to be in the same boat soon.
II! So excited!
II just now!
II as well just 5 minutes ago!!! So much hype!
II! LM76 IS ORM complete 6/29
Congrats you guys! Did you already have CASPer scores submitted? I saw Kaiser on the CASPer school list so I added it, but I actually can't find anywhere on the application where Kaiser says it is required. My app has been complete except CASPer since 7/4, and I'd love to know they might review it without my CASPer score (which won't come out for another 2 weeks).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats you guys! Did you already have CASPer scores submitted? I saw Kaiser on the CASPer school list so I added it, but I actually can't find anywhere on the application where Kaiser says it is required. My app has been complete except CASPer since 7/4, and I'd love to know they might review it without my CASPer score (which won't come out for another 2 weeks).
Yeah I had them on the recipient list already for CASPER when I submitted my secondary
Diversity Question:
I'm torn between discussing
A. My work tutoring at-risk youth and how it has given me the skills to recognize the needs of my students and changing teaching method based on that. (basically having the quality of adapting to others needs)
or
B. Write about being gay and how patients may relate and feel more conformable with a doctor who is like them. (however, I have not contributed to the community in a meaningful way)
Thanks in advance 🙂
I'm torn between discussing
A. My work tutoring at-risk youth and how it has given me the skills to recognize the needs of my students and changing teaching method based on that. (basically having the quality of adapting to others needs)
or
B. Write about being gay and how patients may relate and feel more conformable with a doctor who is like them. (however, I have not contributed to the community in a meaningful way)
Thanks in advance 🙂
Diversity Question:
I'm torn between discussing
A. My work tutoring at-risk youth and how it has given me the skills to recognize the needs of my students and changing teaching method based on that. (basically having the quality of adapting to others needs)
or
B. Write about being gay and how patients may relate and feel more conformable with a doctor who is like them. (however, I have not contributed to the community in a meaningful way)
Thanks in advance 🙂
Sounds like you can offer more about option A?
Thank you, I was worried that A was not properly addressing the question.Sounds like you can offer more about option A?
I also vote option A. I doubt as a physician that you'll often be having heart-to-hearts with your patients about being gay, but recognizing the needs of your patients and adapting to them to provide tailored plans of care is something you'll need to do everyday of your career.Thank you, I was worried that A was not properly addressing the question.
I also vote option A. I doubt as a physician that you'll often be having heart-to-hearts with your patients about being gay, but recognizing the needs of your patients and adapting to them to provide tailored plans of care is something you'll need to do everyday of your career.
That makes sense. I am also one of those gays that looks gay (short hair and I dress more masculine) so I thought seeing me would make a LGBTQIA patient more comfortable.
But I think you guys are right about option A.
Thanks for the advice 🙂
D
deleted972488
That makes sense. I am also one of those gays that looks gay (short hair and I dress more masculine) so I thought seeing me would make a LGBTQIA patient more comfortable.
But I think you guys are right about option A.
Thanks for the advice 🙂
The gay thing is a good topic, too. You could incorporate both topics. I talked about multiple aspects of diversity (including LGBT).
You can't wear your sexuality like a race. I would say how your experience will help you understand and address specific social needs of your patients. I would not say that your patients will recognize you as LGBT from the way you dress.
I'm sure that a lot of pts from that community would be more comfortable with a physician they can relate to! You could definitely slip it in if you want like was mentioned earlier ^^^^ I just don't think you'd be able to write a whole essay as well as the other topic.That makes sense. I am also one of those gays that looks gay (short hair and I dress more masculine) so I thought seeing me would make a LGBTQIA patient more comfortable.
But I think you guys are right about option A.
Thanks for the advice 🙂
Verified 7/17, Secondary received 7/17 IS
Does anyone know if CASPER score has to be received before being complete?? For some reason my Kaiser app isn't opening, so I am unable to check that information
Does anyone know if CASPER score has to be received before being complete?? For some reason my Kaiser app isn't opening, so I am unable to check that information
Congrats you guys! Did you already have CASPer scores submitted? I saw Kaiser on the CASPer school list so I added it, but I actually can't find anywhere on the application where Kaiser says it is required. My app has been complete except CASPer since 7/4, and I'd love to know they might review it without my CASPer score (which won't come out for another 2 weeks).
I second this question? Thoughts anyone?
Hmm I think calling them and asking about this would confirm but I received a complete email immediately after submitting and my CASPer was already scored and submitted to them before I submitted the secondaryI second this question? Thoughts anyone?
Based on your experiences, do they respond better and faster to emails or phone calls? I sent them a message via their website contact page last week, but I haven't heard back yet.
Verified 7/17, Secondary received 7/17 IS
Does anyone know if CASPER score has to be received before being complete?? For some reason my Kaiser app isn't opening, so I am unable to check that information
I received an II and my CASPer hasn't been scored yet!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my II after being verified today, so excited!
Interview or secondary?
What do you think the lowest MCAT score they will accept will be? Im worried that Im on the lower end of the scale, but I have a ton of experiecnes, volunteer, research etc... and a masters degree. Also, how important are these secondaries? Im not the best writer, but I hope to tell a good story.
What do you think the lowest MCAT score they will accept will be? Im worried that Im on the lower end of the scale, but I have a ton of experiecnes, volunteer, research etc... and a masters degree. Also, how important are these secondaries? Im not the best writer, but I hope to tell a good story.
Impossible to say. Seeing as they are offering free tuition, and in California, they are going to likely have their pick - well outside of those that just must pay 200k for Harvard/etc... They could likely fill their entire class with 520+ if they wanted to. If I had to put an unsubstantiated guess, I would say a 510 would be the lowest. That being said, if you are URM and you just cured cancer, I think many schools would accept a 495 from you. Trying to play the guessing game is not worth it, as absolutely no one (not even Kaiser) could give you answer to this.
I received an II and my CASPer hasn't been scored yet!
Sweeeet. congrats! 🙂
I talked about something I learned from and have grown from and how I have moved forwardFor the resilience prompt, can we talk about an unfavorable outcome that we learned from and that has led to growth? Or does it have to be a lost cause?
I still haven't received a secondary yet but my AMCAS primary was distributed to schools in late June. Should I contact Kaiser directly and ask? One caveat is that I did only recently send my rec letters about 3 days ago
I got a secondary with 0 LOR in the AMCAS system!
I got and submitted my secondary today!
D
deleted972488
requiredis CASPER required or just recommended?
Since this is the inaugural class, I think they are using the Casper for research purposes. It would be odd that they use that without any other data to refer back on for admissions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you say, II, do you mean interview invite or secondary Invite?if im submitting my primary this weekend, prewriting secondaries so I can submit as soon as I'm verified, do I have a shot at Kaiser or have most of the IIs been given out already? High stat and high mission fit applicant.
Way too early for all the IIs to be sent out.if im submitting my primary this weekend, prewriting secondaries so I can submit as soon as I'm verified, do I have a shot at Kaiser or have most of the IIs been given out already? High stat and high mission fit applicant.
Anyone else having trouble accessing the Kaiser secondary right now?
D
deleted972488
It seems as though the portal is down.Anyone else having trouble accessing the Kaiser secondary right now?
Up for me.It seems as though the portal is down.