2019-2020 Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know if after you accept, do they send blackboard portal info? Or do you have to ask?
I got a follow up email with all your information and how to access Blackboard. No need to ask them :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For people who have filed their FAFSA, did you all specifically see University of Louisville School of Medicine? I only saw the University of Louisville.

For people who have filed their FAFSA, did you all specifically see University of Louisville School of Medicine? I only saw the University of Louisville.
I reached out about this a while back. They do not differentiate, so selecting UofL is all you need to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody have any idea how far down the IS waitlist they’ve gotten so far?

They've just sent out an email saying that the Orientation is going to be all virtual, and the White Coat Ceremony is going to be postponed. Considering that orientation is immediately right before classes, I wonder if they are going to make the fall semester online as well?

They've just sent out an email saying that the Orientation is going to be all virtual, and the White Coat Ceremony is going to be postponed. Considering that orientation is immediately right before classes, I wonder if they are going to make the fall semester online as well?
Was that on your cardemail?

Thank you I'll check that out! I appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
acceptance email today! And call about an hour ago!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the rejection email. Been waitlisted since January. At least they are considerate to not wait until July to send out official rejection notices. To everyone still on the waitlist, keep your head up!

• Sad
Just got the rejection email. Been waitlisted since January. At least they are considerate to not wait until July to send out official rejection notices. To everyone still on the waitlist, keep your head up!
Same here, just got it too :( Hope the rest of y’all have better luck, you guys are still in it!

• Sad
I'm trying to understand why they're sending out rejections right now. Is this their way of telling us they won't be sending out any more acceptances or that they just know they won't be getting past a certain number?

I'm trying to understand why they're sending out rejections right now. Is this their way of telling us they won't be sending out any more acceptances or that they just know they won't be getting past a certain number?
Yes same I’m very confused I didn’t think they usually sent out rejections for wait list until July.

They didn't in the past, but I'm happy we won't have to wait until July to hear something back. Hopefully the next few weeks will clear up the picture for us.

I'm assuming the latter... they've probably already had enough people CTE

CTE means Commit to Enroll. It's the final step applicants must take to confirm their enrollment in a school.
Okay yeah haha I wasn’t even thinking about that. So why do you think they would send some wait-listees rejections today but not others? Do you think they’re just kind of narrowing down the list since they probably have enough people committed?

I am OOS and I did not get rejection letter yet..IF i were to get rejected, I kinda wish to get it right about now to move on with the re-applicantion. ;(

I am OOS and I did not get rejection letter yet..IF i were to get rejected, I kinda wish to get it right about now to move on with the re-applicantion. ;(
I feel you. At this point it kind of feels like just holding onto whatever last string of hope that I can lol. And also very confused about wether or not I should go ahead and reapply.

Okay yeah haha I wasn’t even thinking about that. So why do you think they would send some wait-listees rejections today but not others? Do you think they’re just kind of narrowing down the list since they probably have enough people committed?
That's what I'm thinking. Well, we haven't been rejected just yet, so maybe we have good chances. The good thing is we won't have to wait until July 24th to know what to do with our lives.

That's what I'm thinking. Well, we haven't been rejected just yet, so maybe we have good chances. The good thing is we won't have to wait until July 24th to know what to do with our lives.
Yeah possibly unless they’re going to keep some of us waiting until the very end because I’ve heard of people being accepted into late July. My boyfriend just finished his first year at ULSOM and someone he knows wasn’t accepted until like July 20th last year. Ya just never know I guess it’s kind of frustrating. I wish we could be informed better but I understand they don’t really know themselves.

I feel you. At this point it kind of feels like just holding onto whatever last string of hope that I can lol. And also very confused about wether or not I should go ahead and reapply.
For real though! I got waitlisted by three schools so I really do not know what to do whether I should go ahead and apply this cycle.

I am on the IS waitlist and did not get a rejection letter yesterday. I hope there is more movement soon.

Reactions: 1 users
I got my rejection email yesterday. I'm IS and I've been on the waitlist since October so I know how some of you all feel. No matter what happens, keep your head up. You've got this.

I talked with the admissions office she said they aren't seeing much movement at all at this point.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users