2019-2020 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who already interviewed, what was the "group exercise" like? I'll be interviewing later this week!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who already interviewed, what was the "group exercise" like? I'll be interviewing later this week!
It's basically just an experimental interview activity that has no bearing whatsoever on your decision. They have you sit in a room with a 3 other applicants and work through a problem together. It's pretty low-stress and I actually thought it was kind of fun. They make it very clear that nobody on the adcom will have access to any of the results. They're just testing it out for use in future years.

Not sure if this has been addressed but I was browsing through and want to clear some things up - I am at the GB campus.

GB and CW are 3 year programs for primary care but if you end up wanting to pursue a specialty that is not doable in 3 years (surgery, OBGYN, emergency) you have the option to add on a 4th year at these campuses in order to fulfill the extra rotation requirements for these residency programs. You are not committing 100% to primary care by attending either of these campuses. They do favor in state students for sure but midwest in general is common as well i.e. MN, MI, IL, and IA.

Did anyone here interview for the combined MD/MS? What is the day like (specifically the morning part)?

It doesn’t count for anything
Super low stress though.

Do you mind commenting on the overall interview day? How you liked it/how stressful it was?

Interviewing here this Friday so just wondering!

Do you mind commenting on the overall interview day? How you liked it/how stressful it was?

Interviewing here this Friday so just wondering!
Hey yes so I posted awhile back ...
Recently interviewed OOS as well. It’s a long day lol ... beginning was really boring with all the PowerPoints and Q/A but could be quite informative for other people

School itself is super nice and modern compared to others that I’ve visited. Left really impressed, especially with the community aspect of the school.

Interview was chill af. Very conversational, two 1-1 30 min interviews, open file. Could be with medical students/faculty/physicians. I had two physicians and really enjoyed my conversation w them

II just now

Reactions: 6 users
Just got a small pool email, so hopefully thats a good sign! Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a small pool email, so hopefully thats a good sign! Fingers crossed!
Complete date? I submitted kinda late so im trying to piece together a puzzle that wont actually result in anything meaningful for me but will still give me fake hope

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete date? I submitted kinda late so im trying to piece together a puzzle that wont actually result in anything meaningful for me but will still give me fake hope

I was complete mid July!

I got the small pool email at 9 am and then an interview invite at 10 am

Reactions: 8 users
II! OOS Lizzy M 66 complete 7/26. Also I never got the small pool email so that’s interesting

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
II Today! complete 7/26, OOS, no ties, LM ~69

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
ITS ALMOST MY TURN :) (I hope lol)

II today :), completed 8/25. OOS. Just curious would I run into problems if I booked a flight out at 6:45PM after the interview? MKE looks like its a small airport but i dunno if i should chance it.

II today :), completed 8/25. OOS. Just curious would I run into problems if I booked a flight out at 6:45PM after the interview? MKE looks like its a small airport but i dunno if i should chance it.
My flight was at 6:15 and I had no issues at all, even with the traffic on the way to the airport. Everything finished up around 4:30 and I immediately went outside to get in an Uber.

My flight was at 6:15 and I had no issues at all, even with the traffic on the way to the airport. Everything finished up around 4:30 and I immediately went outside to get in an Uber.

I totally think I would be fine as well but I don't know how bad traffic will be on a friday. Was it not too bad? usually i expect friday traffic to be delayed by like 20 minutes. #anxiety lol

That's was a really fast turnaround!!

I totally think I would be fine as well but I don't know how bad traffic will be on a friday. Was it not too bad? usually i expect friday traffic to be delayed by like 20 minutes. #anxiety lol
It was slow but nothing like what you would see in a major city. It maybe took an extra 5 or 10 minutes. The airport is pretty close to the campus. I was nervous too but made it to my gate about 10 minutes before my flight started boarding. Several people I met on interview day joked about how the traffic in Milwaukee is almost nonexistent and the airport never takes more than 5-10 minutes to get through. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, you'll be fine.

Hi guys I was complete 9/22 but I submitted my primary in August. Any idea when I may expect a decision? OOS

Withdrawing my interview here.

Reactions: 5 users
Withdrawing my interview here.
Any particular reason why (that you don’t mind sharing)?

And when you withdraw, tell them to transfer your interview on over to me..... want to get out of that “small pool!”

Heading out tomorrow bright and early for the interview on Friday! I'm gonna be spending Friday night in milwaukee too just because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make a flight the night of the interview. I'll probably go out to see a bit of the city and grab some beers if anyone wants to join haha

Heading out tomorrow bright and early for the interview on Friday! I'm gonna be spending Friday night in milwaukee too just because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make a flight the night of the interview. I'll probably go out to see a bit of the city and grab some beers if anyone wants to join haha
GOOD LUCK! Did you decide to sign up for the applicant host ? or did you book a hotel? Updates would be appreciated lol.

Any particular reason why (that you don’t mind sharing)?

And when you withdraw, tell them to transfer your interview on over to me..... want to get out of that “small pool!”

A school that I interviewed at already notified myself and some others for an acceptance yesterday (and I would go to that school over MCW) so I thought it would be unfair to take the spot away from someone who may want MCW more than I do. Best of luck to you guys, hoping that II comes to you very soon :)

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
A school that I interviewed at already notified myself and some others for an acceptance yesterday (and I would go to that school over MCW) so I thought it would be unfair to take the spot away from someone who may want MCW more than I do. Best of luck to you guys, hoping that II comes to you very soon :)
Never unfair as you earned the II spot! However, financially sound choice. Congrats on acceptance, Jappa!

Reactions: 1 users
I thought October 15th was the first day MD schools could officially extend acceptance offers? Is that just a guideline and not a hard rule?

I thought October 15th was the first day MD schools could officially extend acceptance offers? Is that just a guideline and not a hard rule?
Some schools do an informal acceptance offer. I can only imagine how much more competition there is with new traffic rules lol. Telling an applicant early that they got in can cause exactly what Jappa is doing- declining II's at other programs which doesnt let them see the school/program in person

Never unfair as you earned the II spot! However, financially sound choice. Congrats on acceptance, Jappa!

Thank you!!

Yeah trust me, I thought it was October 15th too, but it was to my surprise seeing a voicemail from them last night. Very weird, but when I called them back, they reassured me that the acceptance is legit but I'll have to wait until October 15 to receive the official email and be able to secure my seat. Super blessed to receive one even earlier than expected!

• Love
Thank you!!

Yeah trust me, I thought it was October 15th too, but it was to my surprise seeing a voicemail from them last night. Very weird, but when I called them back, they reassured me that the acceptance is legit but I'll have to wait until October 15 to receive the official email and be able to secure my seat. Super blessed to receive one even earlier than expected!
HEYOOOOO CONGRATS!!!!!!

Does anyone know where to check in on the day of the interview?

Asking just out of curiosity here, but I'm sending out more apps to schools this month and wondering if anybody knows how MCW feels about later applicants? Getting nervous in this cycle

Asking just out of curiosity here, but I'm sending out more apps to schools this month and wondering if anybody knows how MCW feels about later applicants? Getting nervous in this cycle

I dont know, but I did submit my primary pretty late and my secondary late as well and I still got an II. So if you have the funds go for it.

Definitely go for it, I just submitted 5 primaries yesterday if that makes you feel any better :p

I chose that i’d Prefer to stay with a host (Bc $$) when do we get confirmation of this?

I was complete 7/30, but no small pool email or any other communication. Anyone else like this?

Reactions: 8 users
I chose that i’d Prefer to stay with a host (Bc $$) when do we get confirmation of this?
I got an email from their student ambassadors putting me in touch with my host a week before my interview

Got an II at 2am today. Home city so I can finally save some mf money lets go.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users