2019-2020 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Morehouse School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

secondary received! the login link from the email isn't working for me though

It’s not working for me either. Wonder if it’s because I was a waitlisted applicant last year and my application was still open?

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard back from the applyweb people!

Attachments

• 9711198F-58B4-4565-8522-F4D0380A7298.jpeg
    9711198F-58B4-4565-8522-F4D0380A7298.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 426
Reactions: 2 users
Secondary received! Waiting for them to fix the date and send a new link. Good luck to everyone applying!

Reactions: 1 user
omg!! I was getting so scared. thought I did something dumb and ruined my whole secondary app.
Is it working for anyone? wonder if we will have to wait over the weekend.

Last edited:
I got a link that allows me to log in however I can't select an application year, as a result I can't submit it or pay the application fee. It also asks for letters of recommendation on the supplemental app. I'm not sure if I should list my AMCAS LORs here. The link for instructions on what to do is dead.

There are quite a few bugs on this secondary, which makes no sense since the same system is used by multiple other schools. I emailed them; hopefully this is fixed soon. I'll update with their response.

Finally got an emailed back in the secondary
I got a link that allows me to log in however I can't select an application year, as a result I can't submit it or pay the application fee. It also asks for letters of recommendation on the supplemental app. I'm not sure if I should list my AMCAS LORs here. The link for instructions on what to do is dead.

There are quite a few bugs on this secondary, which makes no sense since the same system is used by multiple other schools. I emailed them; hopefully this is fixed soon. I'll update with their response.

SAME!

Members don't see this ad :)

I have the same exact issue. Hopefully it will be addressed quickly as Morehouse is my first choice.

+1! I already emailed them too, so hopefully they get back to us!

Dumb question but does "administration" mean like charting, or does it mean being a hospital administrator?

Last edited:
Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application. Please keep the response to about one page.

What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to (Administrative, teaching, patient care, research)? In which size community do you think you would like to practice? (Large metropolitan, small city, large town, small town/rural area/reservation). Briefly, explain the reasons for your selections. (no word limit)

Reactions: 1 users
Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application. Please keep the response to about one page.

What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to (Administrative, teaching, patient care, research)? In which size community do you think you would like to practice? (Large metropolitan, small city, large town, small town/rural area/reservation). Briefly, explain the reasons for your selections. (no word limit)
You da best. Thanks!

Reactions: 3 users

Following since I'm also unsure what to do about listing AMCAS LORs on this secondary.

Has anyone heard back from the school about not being able to submit a secondary?

Just refreshed the "Personal Information" page, and it allowed me to select a "Year of Desired Matriculation."

Just refreshed the "Personal Information" page, and it allowed me to select a "Year of Desired Matriculation."
Submitted my secondary! Also don't forget to email them the Picture Form (PDF found at the bottom of "Online Application Menu" that includes instructions)!

Reactions: 3 users
Submitted my secondary! Also don't forget to email them the Picture Form (PDF found at the bottom of "Online Application Menu" that includes instructions)!
What is the picture form? Is it a picture for myself? or do they mean another form?

Did anyone also send their resume since it is on the checklist?

Did anyone also send their resume since it is on the checklist?
I didn't since it says, "Not Applicable" under "Documents" (found by clicking Account Directions & Information and then Activity Log hyperlink).

Non-URM applicant here thinking of applying. Does anyone know whether Moorehouse and other HBC SOMs have a certain amount of students that must be selected from URM backgrounds? I fit their mission well but since I'm not URM (white), I'm wondering if my chances of getting in are much lower than would be indicated based on the applied/matriculated stats on the MSAR. Thanks!

Has anyone gotten a notification that they are complete yet? I submitted on 07/06 and have not received anything yet. gonna give them 1 or 2 more days before calling.

Has anyone gotten a notification that they are complete yet? I submitted on 07/06 and have not received anything yet. gonna give them 1 or 2 more days before calling.

Secondary received 6/28, submitted 7/01 and received a complete/under review email 7/01 (OOS CA applicant). Don’t forgot to email them your Picture Form or else you won’t be considered “complete” (they emailed me back with confirmation that they received my Picture Form).

Secondary received 6/28, submitted 7/01 and received a complete/under review email 7/01 (OOS CA applicant). Don’t forgot to email them your Picture Form or else you won’t be considered “complete” (they emailed me back with confirmation that they received my Picture Form).
ok thanks a lot! i will email them the docs. I uploaded it onto their site, but i guess that doesnt work

What is this picture form everyone is talking about? I uploaded my headshot before my secondary and got an email saying that my app is completed. Was there something I had to submit?

Reactions: 2 users
^^ i uploaded my picture online through the secondary app checklist and received a confirmation email that my app was complete. Anything else i need to do?

Submitted this morning and received under review email shortly after....*fingers crossed*

How long were y'all secondaries? Was it a full-page or did you try to narrow it down?

It says specifically to keep it to one page. So I would follow their directions.

Man I emailed my headshot and permanent residency forms to which they replied with a received email. I still do not have a completed notification and it has been more than a week since then and I have tried to contact by phone and email and they just do not respond. Feeling like I wasted my money here, should not have applied.

Sorry if this is redundant, I’m pretty confused. My checklist says interview to be determined, application complete, overall recommendation complete. I uploaded my headshot online. Were residency forms required??? I don’t see the “confirmed” status they mentioned in the secondary email anywhere.

Sorry if this is redundant, I’m pretty confused. My checklist says interview to be determined, application complete, overall recommendation complete. I uploaded my headshot online. Were residency forms required??? I don’t see the “confirmed” status they mentioned in the secondary email anywhere.
I am not us citizen so i had to upload proof of permanent residency. but if your checklist says application complete, then you should be good to go.