-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Morehouse
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone not gotten a secondary? Do they prescreen?
According to an MSAR .pdf that is free (google "MSAR secondary data"), they do preliminary screens.
For those that are part of FAP (Fee Assistance Program) How long did it take for Morehouse to confirm payment option. Or did anyone forward Morehouse admission the FAP email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
goblinxoxo
Full Member
I'm still waiting and I submitted on 8/1For those that are part of FAP (Fee Assistance Program) How long did it take for Morehouse to confirm payment option. Or did anyone forward Morehouse admission the FAP email.
oneheadmanyhats
Full Member
I submitted my primary in June (my first school that I submitted to) but never got a secondary invite. I'm URM and GA resident who attended Morehouse , what's going on 😳
Future_Doc_Rom
New Member
I submitted on 6/30. Received Secondary on 7/27. Submitted secondary on 7/31. Hoping to hear back about interview soon.
Butterknut
Full Member
I got an II! My first one!
Congrats! Stats? Completion date?I got an II! My first one!
I got an II! My first one!
Congrats! Stats and complete date?
how were you notified?I got an II! My first one!
Butterknut
Full Member
Congrats! Stats? Completion date?
Complete 7/20. Stats 509 MCAT, 3.1 undergrad, 3.5 post bacc. I was notified through email.
IS or OOSComplete 7/20. Stats 509 MCAT, 3.1 undergrad, 3.5 post bacc. I was notified through email.
Butterknut
Full Member
IS or OOS
OOS. Also reapplicant if that means anything to you guys haha
ButImNotARapper
Full Member
Does Morehouse have a housing program for interviewees? I got an interview invite (yay!!) but I don't see anything about staying with a med student like at other schools.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my first II!!! OOS Complete 7/4.
Congrats! But, I wonder why so late at night...lol. Stats and complete date?
futurehopefuldoc
Full Member
To those of you who got IIs — congrats!! Can you guys send stats + when you were complete?
Completed 7/4. GPA: 3.55, sGPA: 3.36, MCAT: 497. I also have strong ECs and 3000+ clinical hours.Congrats! But, I wonder why so late at night...lol. Stats and complete date?
IS or OOSCompleted 7/4. GPA: 3.55, sGPA: 3.36, MCAT: 497. I also have strong ECs and 3000+ clinical hours.
OOS. When were you complete?IS or OOS
Hopefully_Dr._Sam
New Member
Since Morehouse is very big on Primary Care, would it possibly hurt my chances if I indicated an interest in specialty care in the secondary app instead of primary care?
Since Morehouse is very big on Primary Care, would it possibly hurt my chances if I indicated an interest in specialty care in the secondary app instead of primary care?
I don’t think so. On MSAR they’ve had many students match into different specialties
Last edited:
Does Morehouse have a housing program for interviewees? I got an interview invite (yay!!) but I don't see anything about staying with a med student like at other schools.
Congrats!! I was wondering the same thing... I emailed them a week ago and haven't heard anything
this would be so much better than my current situation (staying with family)Congrats!! I was wondering the same thing... I emailed them a week ago and haven't heard anything
I'd like to be on campus and really get a sense of everything.
I am so excited but ridiculously overwhelmed
Just wondering what were the dates available for your interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Butterknut
Full Member
Just wondering what were the dates available for your interviews?
For me they were 8/23, 9/4, 9/6, and 9/13.
ButImNotARapper
Full Member
sameFor me they were 8/23, 9/4, 9/6, and 9/13.
Hopefully_Dr._Sam
New Member
Anyone else have trouble logging back into the portal? I submitted the secondary yesterday but I’m not able to get back to the checklist page.
Anyone else have trouble logging back into the portal? I submitted the secondary yesterday but I’m not able to get back to the checklist page.
Yeah what you have to do is once you’re on that access denied screen, click on the morehouse logo then go to manage accounts and you can see it
Man I emailed my headshot and permanent residency forms to which they replied with a received email. I still do not have a completed notification and it has been more than a week since then and I have tried to contact by phone and email and they just do not respond. Feeling like I wasted my money here, should not have applied.
what is the form you are talking about I see nowhere about these forms
reddanger95
Full Member
Forgot to update, but turns out they did receive my stuff. You can find these forms under Supplementary Forms.what is the form you are talking about I see nowhere about these forms
1. go to the secondary application portal
2. click on the morehouse logo
3. scroll to the bottom and you'll see a section called supplementary forms - here you'll see three items: application instructions, green card form, and picture form
Read the instructions to get all details, but you can submit the appropriate forms by emailing it to them after you complete them
reddanger95
Full Member
ye just click on their logoDid anyone else have issues gaining access to the secondary portal again after submission? I keep getting an error saying "Access Denied"/
devarlin23
Full Member
I just received their email saying they received my secondary application even though I submitted everything July 25th.
Did this happen to anyone else?
Did this happen to anyone else?
oneheadmanyhats
Full Member
I got the same message, and I submitted weeks ago...thought it was very oddI just received their email saying they received my secondary application even though I submitted everything July 25th.
Did this happen to anyone else?
Butterknut
Full Member
I got the same message, and I submitted weeks ago...thought it was very odd
I got an email requesting me to do the secondary after I clicked complete...
You just submitted it today... How are you expecting to be complete already?
wasnt expecting anything, just listing the facts, it was a bit obvious though lol
II 8/6, Complete 7/12, sGPA 3.91, GPA 3.93, 511 MCAT, IS and Atlanta native.
Hope this helps someone! If anyone has general questions about Atlanta, I'd love to help out 🙂
Hope this helps someone! If anyone has general questions about Atlanta, I'd love to help out 🙂
I just got that same message and I submitted it 8/4I just received their email saying they received my secondary application even though I submitted everything July 25th.
Did this happen to anyone else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just left the interview today, the school is amazing and the students are exceptional, if I get in I'm definitely attending.
for those interviewing->ladies bring a pair of flats
for those interviewing->ladies bring a pair of flats
Last edited:
Congrats! Can you tell us more about your interview experience?just left the interview today, the school is amazing and the students are exceptional, if I get in I'm definently attending.
for those interviewing->ladies bring a pair of flats
mine was pretty low stress. questions weren't too badCongrats! Can you tell us more about your interview experience?
not that I know of, but I'm sure you can inquire about it.