2019-2020 Stony Brook

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@PapaGuava

Same as last year
1) Will your education be continuous between college and medical school matriculation? 500 words
2) Describe an obstacle you've overcome and how it has defined you: 500 words
 
@HopefulMDNP, does the first prompt still include:

If YES, please tell us about your proudest accomplishment to date. If NO, please explain what you have done or plan to do during the gap period and why.

Thanks!
 
Hey guys. I submitted my app and have everything checked off except for CASPer. However, my CASPer exam has already been graded and submitted to stony brook according to the CASPer website. Is anyone else having a similar issue?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are you supposed to put (if anything) in the upload document section? Like a CV? If I have a publication should I put that? Also, can you continue to upload documents here after you've submitted your essays?
 
Is there any option to upload your photo to the sbu secondary page? I have the "no photo" avatar next to my name but cant find the option to upload one.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mind telling me what they say? I had the same CASPER date and delivery says completed
Same here!
Hopping on this train. I took CASPER in May and designated SBU at the time – still not showing CASPER received too 😳

Just got an email saying my CASPer was received (i sent an email last week, too busy to call).
Will check my portal later to see if it is updated
 
Had that issue over the weekend where my Casper was marked 'not recieved' , although I took it June 2nd. Just got an 'under review' email.
 
Call this morning, and they said that the result may take a few weeks to be posted,
Did they mention if a pending CASPer score would postpone an interview invitation? Or did they make it seem like it wasn't a big deal?
 
Received secondary today. If I applied to the BS/MD program as a high school senior, do I have to say that I am a reapplicant?

EDIT: per past years thread, I marked it and explained I applied as a high school senior, not through AMCAS
 

"We have recieved the results of your Casper Test"

"Application complete"


271378
 
Just decided to add Stony Brook to my app, but hope I'm not too late to get this secondary in! OOS, but I was born at Stony Brook hospital and have close family ties to Long Island.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've finished the secondary essays but I wont take my CASPer until July 18. And we know it takes ~3 weeks for scores to be sent. Is it too late? I still haven't payed the fees.
 
So I've finished the secondary essays but I wont take my CASPer until July 18. And we know it takes ~3 weeks for scores to be sent. Is it too late? I still haven't payed the fees.

I'm doing the same thing. Definitely not too late, jeezus you're going to not submit just because of that? The 3 week delay means our applications will be complete by early August, which is totally fine. Not early early, but definitely not something to discourage applying.
 
Hi all, I completed and submitted my secondary on 7/8. I took my CASPer June 2, with Stony Brook as a recipient. The secondary portal claims that it received each of my LORs in June, but then on the summary status page says that neither the CASPer nor my LORs have been received. Can anyone think of any reason for this? If not, do y'all know how I can contact them to inquire?
 
Hi all, I completed and submitted my secondary on 7/8. I took my CASPer June 2, with Stony Brook as a recipient. The secondary portal claims that it received each of my LORs in June, but then on the summary status page says that neither the CASPer nor my LORs have been received. Can anyone think of any reason for this? If not, do y'all know how I can contact them to inquire?
Hi all, I completed and submitted my secondary on 7/8. I took my CASPer June 2, with Stony Brook as a recipient. The secondary portal claims that it received each of my LORs in June, but then on the summary status page says that neither the CASPer nor my LORs have been received. Can anyone think of any reason for this? If not, do y'all know how I can contact them to inquire?

I sent an email about my CASPer (email to contact should be in the email inviting you for a secondary).
They replied in a few days and that same day, my CASPer (and application) was marked complete.