You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Stony Brook
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Iamnumber999
Full Member
Just added this school. Will I be late applying here?
I'm sure you'll be fineJust added this school. Will I be late applying here?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Internationalphysician
Full Member
Submitted today. Complete email right after
fighterofthenightman
Full Member
Secondary received 7/1
Secondary complete 7/14
I didn't get an email, but the portal says my application is complete
Secondary complete 7/14
I didn't get an email, but the portal says my application is complete
FWIW I submitted 7/1 and received a complete email 7/8.Secondary received 7/1
Secondary complete 7/14
I didn't get an email, but the portal says my application is complete
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
anyone know when IIs started coming out last year?
8/8 was the first SDN one last year.anyone know when IIs started coming out last year?
Sorry to bother you, but how did you fill out this question? I wrote that I applied to their scholars for medicine program in high school, but the portal keeps marking that section as incomplete even though I filled it out. Kind of worried because it won't let me submit the secondary. Thanks!
Worked for me. Make sure you explicitly check that all the boxes are checked off and you answered each mandatory part. If that's not working you could wait a little bit. Portals can act up sometimes.
Worked for me. Make sure you explicitly check that all the boxes are checked off and you answered each mandatory part. If that's not working you could wait a little bit. Portals can act up sometimes.
Thanks! I refreshed and filled in everything again and it went through.
Any II yet?
Not me 🙁Any II yet?
Got the II for the MSTP today!
:O any MD IIs? So ready for the neuroticism fodder.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Praying for MD IIs to come out tomorrow x_x
"Please note that this invitation is for the dual-degree, MD-PhD, Medical Scientist Training Program. If you would also like to be considered for a position solely in the medical school in the event that an offer for the MSTP is not made, please let me know that since it will entail an additional interview day being set up for you. You will be able to choose either the Tuesday before or Thursday after the MSTP interview. Applicants should be cognizant that the additional medical school interview will focus more strongly on the candidate's strengths in areas of highest interest to the medical school, e.g. experience in clinical settings and evidence of passion for care-giving. While some MSTP applicants will score very highly in these areas, others may be relatively weak, having emphasized their research training and experiences instead. For applicants in the latter category, the MD-only interview, which will be included in the admissions decision, could result in decreased overall competitiveness - so applicants should consider whether this interview will be advantageous for them to request. Applicants uncertain about whether to request an MD-only interview are welcome to solicit advice from the Program Director."
I got a MSTP interview at stony brook. Contemplating whether to add MD interview to it or not. Above text is from my interview offer. I have reasonable amount of clinical (500 Hours) and non clinical(300 hours) and leadership(500 hours) of experience.
Any inputs/suggestions.
I got a MSTP interview at stony brook. Contemplating whether to add MD interview to it or not. Above text is from my interview offer. I have reasonable amount of clinical (500 Hours) and non clinical(300 hours) and leadership(500 hours) of experience.
Any inputs/suggestions.
The hours don’t matter. Can you talk about your experiences in a meaningful, passionate way? If so, then I’d say you’re good to add it."Please note that this invitation is for the dual-degree, MD-PhD, Medical Scientist Training Program. If you would also like to be considered for a position solely in the medical school in the event that an offer for the MSTP is not made, please let me know that since it will entail an additional interview day being set up for you. You will be able to choose either the Tuesday before or Thursday after the MSTP interview. Applicants should be cognizant that the additional medical school interview will focus more strongly on the candidate's strengths in areas of highest interest to the medical school, e.g. experience in clinical settings and evidence of passion for care-giving. While some MSTP applicants will score very highly in these areas, others may be relatively weak, having emphasized their research training and experiences instead. For applicants in the latter category, the MD-only interview, which will be included in the admissions decision, could result in decreased overall competitiveness - so applicants should consider whether this interview will be advantageous for them to request. Applicants uncertain about whether to request an MD-only interview are welcome to solicit advice from the Program Director."
I got a MSTP interview at stony brook. Contemplating whether to add MD interview to it or not. Above text is from my interview offer. I have reasonable amount of clinical (500 Hours) and non clinical(300 hours) and leadership(500 hours) of experience.
Any inputs/suggestions.
Snowman25
Full Member
So it begins...II today! IS, Completed 7/8, LM=70
So it begins...
Here I am already thinking that I’m gonna get ghosted...
I was complete 8/1 so seems like I'll be waiting a while... 
Congratulations! MD or MSTP?
II today! IS, Completed 7/8, LM=70
Thank you! Regular MDCongratulations! MD or MSTP?
D
deleted971841
II just now! Very excited, this is my top choice IS school!
D
deleted993760
complete date?II just now! Very excited, this is my top choice IS school!
D
deleted971841
Looks like I got an email 7/8complete date?
Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
II Just now complete 7/8/2019
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jdjdjdjdjd
New Member
Stats? If you're comfortable revealing.II Just now complete 7/8/2019
Ditto on II 7/8
Oh maybe they're going in order. I'm 7/20... hoping I don't get yield protected ghosted.
7
710118
II here about an hour ago! Complete pretty early like before 7/10 I think
D
deleted971841
It definitely looks like they’re going in order. My friend who was complete around the same time as you is panicking, but y’all are gonna get your love soon!Oh maybe they're going in order. I'm 7/20... hoping I don't getyield protectedghosted.
I saw on that post ii acceptance rate doc that SBU had like an 86% post ii accept rate for OOS. Is that true?
II OOS!
LM 75, complete 7/8
Am also interested in the post II accept rate
LM 75, complete 7/8
Am also interested in the post II accept rate
I'm sorry I'm stooping to this level, but you were complete around 7/8 right?II - OOS
I saw on that post ii acceptance rate doc that SBU had like an 86% post ii accept rate for OOS. Is that true?
US World News data for gives a 54% acceptance rate post-II for OOS (and about the same for IS).
I was complete on 6/28/19 - no need to apologize!I'm sorry I'm stooping to this level, but you were complete around 7/8 right?
US World News data for gives a 54% acceptance rate post-II for OOS (and about the same for IS).
Following. One of my top choices
Sorensha1065
Full Member
What is an appropriate way to inform the school that you have IS ties? There wasn’t any specific questions asked on the Secondary so I want to be safe!
What is an appropriate way to inform the school that you have IS ties? There wasn’t any specific questions asked on the Secondary so I want to be safe!
did you submit yet or no? If not, I would leave a comment in their question asking if you're a NY resident. You could mention you're not but you have IS ties
Sorensha1065
Full Member
Unfortunately (but also fortunately) I have already submit!did you submit yet or no? If not, I would leave a comment in their question asking if you're a NY resident. You could mention you're not but you have IS ties
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II IS
Congrats! Complete date?
II, complete 7/12, IS
Best of luck everyone! Very excited 🙂
Best of luck everyone! Very excited 🙂
Congrats! Complete date?
Complete 7/6