You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Stony Brook
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone know when the MD interview day ends? It's not entirely clear on the website. Trying to figure out transportation back to New England.
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
II on 8/27, complete 7/18
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
does anyone know if there is a way to see who specifically (their names) will be interviewing us?
I imagine we'll only find out on the day of the interview.does anyone know if there is a way to see who specifically (their names) will be interviewing us?
That information wouldn't help you at all tbh. If you brought up something in the interview that made it apparent that you looked them up it would reflect very poorly on you.does anyone know if there is a way to see who specifically (their names) will be interviewing us?
Did anyone interview here yet? Any tips/general thoughts on your experience? Any comments are appreciated y'all
positivepuffin
Full Member
23 II's ??? Imma withdraw my app and open a taco truckII here about an hour ago! Complete pretty early like before 7/10 I think
23 II's ??? Imma withdraw my app and open a taco truck
Got room for another up in that taco cart? My al pastor is to die for
positivepuffin
Full Member
Let's do it!Got room for another up in that taco cart? My al pastor is to die for
Recently interviewed here. both interviewers were super chill, no trick questions or anything. Spoke about some of my experiences and my fun activities i do. very friendly faculty. Low stress, just be yourself. school is awesomeDid anyone interview here yet? Any tips/general thoughts on your experience? Any comments are appreciated y'all
Last edited:
Any recent IIs?
Ahh II! LM 68, OOS but real nearby, complete email July 8!
+1 !! Complete 7/21Ahh II! LM 68, OOS but real nearby, complete email July 8!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1005103
+1 !! Complete 7/21
what interview dates are they at rn?Ahh II! LM 68, OOS but real nearby, complete email July 8!
Offered dates in Novemberwhat interview dates are they at rn?
D
deleted1005103
okay coool thanksOffered dates in November
Earliest Nov 5, and they interview on T/R/F!what interview dates are they at rn?
Does anyone know when the interview day ends ? I’m wondering if I can drive back that day
Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
It depends on how early your scheduled interviews are. People left at different times. But I think the latest was around 3-330 pm.Does anyone know when the interview day ends ? I’m wondering if I can drive back that day
himalayansaltlamp
Full Member
Anyone know when the MD interview day ends? It's not entirely clear on the website. Trying to figure out transportation back to New England.
There were also a few people there who notified the interview coordinator beforehand that they had to leave by a certain time, and the coordinator scheduled them for morning interviews only I think. So they were able to leave at like 1:45/2
It depends on how early your scheduled interviews are. People left at different times. But I think the latest was around 3-330 pm.
Thank you bothThere were also a few people there who notified the interview coordinator beforehand that they had to leave by a certain time, and the coordinator scheduled them for morning interviews only I think. So they were able to leave at like 1:45/2
I was the latest to leave from my group and left at 3:30. About half the group left by 1
CRISPR_Queen
Full Member
Interview Invite today! Complete on 7/8...
What days where available?
What'd you do during downtime? Did they let you explore the campus, did you just sit there and chat with other applicants, or did they bring you to shadow classes or whatnot?I was the latest to leave from my group and left at 3:30. About half the group left by 1
What'd you do during downtime? Did they let you explore the campus, did you just sit there and chat with other applicants, or did they bring you to shadow classes or whatnot?
I hung out in the room for a bit and chatted. Also one of the 4th years was willing to take me around and show me cool spots like their A lab. Generally most folks just chatted amongst themselves. It was a cool group of folks
Interview invite received today! I'm pretty excited 🙂)
There were a few slots left in late November and a bunch for early December.
Complete early August, IS, LM 73
There were a few slots left in late November and a bunch for early December.
Complete early August, IS, LM 73
II here this morning! Super excited! Completed 8/9.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Do any current students here know if students will be allowed to do research in the MART once it opens?
Not a medical student here so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I don't see why not. Speaking with current students, Stony Brook has a big emphasis on research, especially in basic sciences. As a medical student, you'd have plenty of opportunity to pursue whichever field of research you desire.
Not a medical student here so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I don't see why not. Speaking with current students, Stony Brook has a big emphasis on research, especially in basic sciences. As a medical student, you'd have plenty of opportunity to pursue whichever field of research you desire.
Thanks for the response! I agree. Plus, if you do research (specifically in cancer) with SB faculty, they probably will be conducting it in the MART anyway, so I don't think they'd deny students access there.
Just wondering, do most med students at sbu conduct basic science research or clinical research?
will we be hearing anything tomorrow?
The first interview session was on 9/12 so no one’s been interviewed more than 6 weeks ago. I’m not sure when the earliest interview date was last year, but looking at last year’s thread it seems people started hearing pretty soon after 10/15. Good luck everyone! Eeeeeekk!If you interviewed >6 weeks ago then maybe
Last edited:
accepted 🙂
When did you accepted folks interview ?
last week of septemberWhen did you accepted folks interview ?
D
deleted971841
Oh wow! That was quick.last week of september
sept 13. I guess friday the 13th wasn’t so badWhen did you accepted folks interview ?
Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
Accepted!! Interviewed 9/17
Are you guys getting e-mails, calls or just checking the portal?
Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
Email for meAre you guys getting e-mails, calls or just checking the portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted834048
Excuse my interruption in the string of Acceptances.
II today, complete late September. Dates all throughout December available. They have so many interview days left! I can’t believe they handed out what seems to be a lot of acceptances already
II today, complete late September. Dates all throughout December available. They have so many interview days left! I can’t believe they handed out what seems to be a lot of acceptances already
Anyone know when first week of October people should hear back?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
i believe in 4-6 weeksAnyone know when first week of October people should hear back?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I hope soon since people at the end of September already heard backAnyone know when first week of October people should hear back?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
Does anyone know if by securing your seat, if you are committing to them or not? Thanks!