-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Stony Brook
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Darn, wonder how big the HPWL actually is. Will they ever even dip into the reg WL?
happybday1972
Full Member
also withdrew my offer from HPWL. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Darn, wonder how big the HPWL actually is. Will they ever even dip into the reg WL?
plsrecycle
New Member
Does anyone know when the commit to enroll deadline is?
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
I think it is June 15.Does anyone know when the commit to enroll deadline is?
Has anyone from the HPWL not been accepted yet?
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
Exact same boatBeen sending updates every month, not sure if they're even being read. They're my alma mater too. Don't think they're even going to dip into the regular waitlist. This sucks.
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
No movement at all?
Looks like just hpwl so far. Idk how it was in past years if they ever went past hpwlNo movement at all?
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
We'll see. Hopefully something will happen tmLooks like just hpwl so far. Idk how it was in past years if they ever went past hpwl
For those anyone else who hasn't received a decision yet, do you know how long we'll have to wait? Seems like they're already accepting people off the waitlist.
For those anyone else who hasn't received a decision yet, do you know how long we'll have to wait? Seems like they're already accepting people off the waitlist.
No idea
D
deleted971841
Withdrew from the waitlist today. Not HP and doesn’t seem like much is happening. Good luck y’all
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
No. I haven't and nobody has posted about it. Will you take one for the team?Has anyone recently reached out to see if they anticipate more WL movement?
I tried calling the office and they don't seem to be there. Plus WL is confidential so we won't online how we rank
Doctorllama786
Full Member
You’ll have to email since the office is all working from home!
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
Isn't sad that your own alma mater won't give you the time of day?
I just got in off the regular WL! Beyond excited!!!!
Docdocec123
Full Member
Congrats!!! Did you send a LOI ?I just got in off the regular WL! Beyond excited!!!!
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
Congratulations! When were you interviewed? Mind sharing stats?I just got in off the regular WL! Beyond excited!!!!
Congrats!!! Did you send a LOI ?
Congratulations! When were you interviewed? Mind sharing stats?
Thank you!! I sent a letter of interest around March. I interviewed in November with a LM of 71
Was it throught email or did the call?Thank you!! I sent a letter of interest around March. I interviewed in November with a LM of 71
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
Are you going to enroll?Thank you!! I sent a letter of interest around March. I interviewed in November with a LM of 71
hey y'all, i had a question for you guys - i was thinking of calling up the admissions office to see what the status of my app is (haven't heard back post-II) since i have to commit to enroll to another school by sunday. do you guys think it's worth it or should i just wait it out? i already sent a LOI as well
They aren't in the office to take your call. I would ask if you haven't already in the past month. Can't hurthey y'all, i had a question for you guys - i was thinking of calling up the admissions office to see what the status of my app is (haven't heard back post-II) since i have to commit to enroll to another school by sunday. do you guys think it's worth it or should i just wait it out? i already sent a LOI as well
How is it June 8th and people have still not heard back post interview? This is pretty whack
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How is it June 8th and people have still not heard back post interview? This is pretty whack
that’s whack. Have you contacted them?
Yeah I have [mention]sealfriendo [/mention] . Apparently my application is still under review
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's kinda messed up. Isn't CTE next week? How can they not have made a decision by now?Yeah I have [mention]sealfriendo [/mention] . Apparently my application is still under review
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the CTE date exactly? [mention]expressojoe [/mention]
Doctorllama786
Full Member
June 15th
Is there usually much movement after CTE?
Doingwelldog
Full Member
I think someone posted earlier about reaching out to admissions and asking but admissions said their class was full. I don’t see the post anymore though.Is there usually much movement after CTE?
Not a fan of stony brooks earlyish CTE deadline but alas...anyways is stony brook going to start online the fall -- anyone have insight? Admins have been super vague in email
Not a fan of stony brooks earlyish CTE deadline but alas...anyways is stony brook going to start online the fall -- anyone have insight? Admins have been super vague in email
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Bro if you haven't heard back since interview that's kinda weird. If you haven't reached out yet, you should.For those of us waiting on an admissions decisions, any ideas about when we can expect to hear back?
Our interviews were delayed due to COVID-19. I was informed last week that the committee still has my application. Any other suggestions?Bro if you haven't heard back since interview that's kinda weird. If you haven't reached out yet, you should.
Our interviews were delayed due to COVID-19. I was informed last week that the committee still has my application. Any other suggestions?
That really sucks dude. I’m sorry. Like the previous poster said I’d reach out, but other than that I don’t know. Maybe talk about conflicting CTE dates, if any?
For those of us waiting on an admissions decisions, any ideas about when we can expect to hear back?
In the same boat, and I hate it here lol. At least just reject me so I know right?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
imalwayshungrylol
New Member
Was accepted off the regular WL two weeks ago! Sending hope to everyone - anyone else heard back post interview?
AmethystZh
New Member
Does anyone know of we should start looking for a place to live?... I'm getting anxious about the short time they are giving us to find living accommodation.
Hand up if you are also still waiting on your admission decision lol
Right here with you!Hand up if you are also still waiting on your admission decision lol