2019-2020 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was also accepted from the HPWL yesterday but have decided not to accept the offer. Good luck to all of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Darn, wonder how big the HPWL actually is. Will they ever even dip into the reg WL?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those anyone else who hasn't received a decision yet, do you know how long we'll have to wait? Seems like they're already accepting people off the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew from the waitlist today. Not HP and doesn’t seem like much is happening. Good luck y’all

Has anyone recently reached out to see if they anticipate more WL movement?

I tried calling the office and they don't seem to be there. Plus WL is confidential so we won't online how we rank

Got in two days ago off the regular waitlist!

Reactions: 7 users
I just got in off the regular WL! Beyond excited!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Any movement this week? Do we still think there'll be more As?

hey y'all, i had a question for you guys - i was thinking of calling up the admissions office to see what the status of my app is (haven't heard back post-II) since i have to commit to enroll to another school by sunday. do you guys think it's worth it or should i just wait it out? i already sent a LOI as well

hey y'all, i had a question for you guys - i was thinking of calling up the admissions office to see what the status of my app is (haven't heard back post-II) since i have to commit to enroll to another school by sunday. do you guys think it's worth it or should i just wait it out? i already sent a LOI as well
They aren't in the office to take your call. I would ask if you haven't already in the past month. Can't hurt

How is it June 8th and people have still not heard back post interview? This is pretty whack

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I have [mention]sealfriendo [/mention] . Apparently my application is still under review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I have [mention]sealfriendo [/mention] . Apparently my application is still under review

That's kinda messed up. Isn't CTE next week? How can they not have made a decision by now?

I'm going to have to drop multiple WLs in a few minutes and it's going to hurt :(

Not a fan of stony brooks earlyish CTE deadline but alas...anyways is stony brook going to start online the fall -- anyone have insight? Admins have been super vague in email

For those of us waiting on an admissions decisions, any ideas about when we can expect to hear back?

For those of us waiting on an admissions decisions, any ideas about when we can expect to hear back?
Bro if you haven't heard back since interview that's kinda weird. If you haven't reached out yet, you should.

Bro if you haven't heard back since interview that's kinda weird. If you haven't reached out yet, you should.
Our interviews were delayed due to COVID-19. I was informed last week that the committee still has my application. Any other suggestions?

Our interviews were delayed due to COVID-19. I was informed last week that the committee still has my application. Any other suggestions?

That really sucks dude. I’m sorry. Like the previous poster said I’d reach out, but other than that I don’t know. Maybe talk about conflicting CTE dates, if any?

In the same boat, and I hate it here lol. At least just reject me so I know right?

Was accepted off the regular WL two weeks ago! Sending hope to everyone - anyone else heard back post interview?

Does anyone know of we should start looking for a place to live?... I'm getting anxious about the short time they are giving us to find living accommodation.

Hand up if you are also still waiting on your admission decision lol