Dec 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
What was the email exactly? I have an acceptance and received an aid email last week when it was made available. I can tell you if its the same.
In the email I received, I was asked to submit proof of citizenship since they couldn't confirm my citizenship through social security administration. I have been asked about it before by the other schools that accepted me.

skrrss

2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
In the email I received, I was asked to submit proof of citizenship since they couldn't confirm my citizenship through social security administration. I have been asked about it before by the other schools that accepted me.
yup i got the same email

About the Ads

themightyquinn

2+ Year Member
May 16, 2017
Status
Medical Student
How are you guys going about finding housing for the fall? Normally I think would just go there and check it out for myself to see if I see myself living there but with COVID-19 that’s not really feasible anymore.
In addition to the other resources, when the accepted FB group goes live they should put together a housing spreadsheet where people can list openings and find roommates.

About the Ads

shaman97

2+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone remember when we'd hear back regarding WL movement? Did they ever mention anything?

About the Ads
Oct 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I sent an email to admissions withdrawing my app and got the refund but it still shows on my choose your medical school tool. Anyone else? It’s been almost a week too.

Nov 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I got it and idk what to do. They won't tell us where we are in the CC list but want us to tell them where they are in our priority. The balance of power...
My guess is that our position on the list depends on how we answer the question. If you write you will definitely accept you'll move up the list

May 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I wouldn’t overthink it guys. It says if you choose option 1 or 2, you will be considered when they evaluate the waitlist. Maybe the first option will be more important closer to matriculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the Ads

loopybasket

LM: 69
Dec 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
My guess is that our position on the list depends on how we answer the question. If you write you will definitely accept you'll move up the list
I wouldn't choose "definitely will accept" unless that's actually true. I think we should view this response like sending a letter of intent - aka it would be quite bad to say that you'll definitely go there, get accepted, and then not take the offer if you get accepted into another school that you'd rather go to. That's a pretty big no-no. Not saying that's what you're recommending, but I wanted to warn you guys of this.

Nov 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I wouldn't choose "definitely will accept" unless that's actually true. I think we should view this response like sending a letter of intent - aka it would be quite bad to say that you'll definitely go there, get accepted, and then not take the offer if you get accepted into another school that you'd rather go to. That's a pretty big no-no. Not saying that's what you're recommending, but I wanted to warn you guys of this.
I'm not suggesting people should lie, I'm just saying schools protect their yields so they're going to look at people first who definitely want to go there. If they still have spots later they'll look at the people who said they were a maybe.

skrrss

2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I agree with this. but their wording in the survey seems like they are asking for PTE, not CTE. so technically if you were to get into another school, with say a full scholarship, you're not bound to attend temple even if it is your first choice right now.

Feb 20, 2019
I agree with this. but their wording in the survey seems like they are asking for PTE, not CTE. so technically if you were to get into another school, with say a full scholarship, you're not bound to attend temple even if it is your first choice right now.
Agreed as well. A lot of things can change that aren’t expected after May 1st. Temple is my top choice at the moment but I still haven’t received my financial aid packages from other schools. I know when I interviewed for St. Luke’s they said all students get 10K a year scholarships and that is what I’m basing my decision off of right now. All of the schools I’m on the waitlist for I love and am picking solely on cost of attendance...

Sep 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know if Temple is true P/F or do they internally rank for the first couple of years?

Mar 19, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know what Temple is planning to do for the fall? I always thought I'd want to go to a big city for medical school, but with the odds of COVID-19 seriously disrupting education for the long haul, maybe being in less-affected areas is the better option.

May 28, 2019
Probably in the ED
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Submitted the waitlist form yesterday with option 2, but just got rejected by my top choice. Should I send them an email and let them know they are my top choice? Help!

Nov 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
sounds rough, need To keep all options Open, you have to be your best advocate in the process at all times

skrrss

2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Submitted the waitlist form yesterday with option 2, but just got rejected by my top choice. Should I send them an email and let them know they are my top choice? Help!
can you submit the survey a second time and then email them and say like please only acknowledge my second response?? or something idk

Reactions: Alexander Brosef

FuturePedsDoc1993

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
How do we withdraw our acceptance?? I emailed them but it’s still showing on my CYMS tool. Do I have to do something on the portal?
Nope it just takes a few days. I received my refund back this morning after withdrawing yesterfday but they just haven't processed it on choose your medical school.

About the Ads