2019-2020 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how long do they give you to accept your spot after getting pulled off the waitlist? (just wondering because i'm hoping we'll see some more movement after that time period is up assuming some people withdraw)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
how long do they give you to accept your spot after getting pulled off the waitlist? (just wondering because i'm hoping we'll see some more movement after that time period is up assuming some people withdraw)

I remember seeing on AAMC that the minimum after the April 30 deadline is 5 days.

I remember seeing on AAMC that the minimum after the April 30 deadline is 5 days.
I wouldn't listen to anything AAMC puts out since schools aren't even enforcing the PTE deadline to the extent they should be

Members don't see this ad :)
Official acceptance letter said 1 week

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know how to access their temple email?

Maybe try typing in your temple username (tun_____)@temple.edu for gmail and see if it redirects you to enter your username and password (same as the ones you use to access your temple portal)

Congrats! Did you send a letter of intent or choose that option on their survey?
No, just did the survey. Selected 2nd option. So don't overthink not cuz I answered the survey on Tuesday night and got the acceptance on Wednesday morning.

Just made an account to share - saw Temple pop up on my CYMS this evening. Haven't gotten an email yet, hoping they're not just playing with me. Interviewed 12/4, CC 2/11.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long it should take to get an aid package? I was accepted on 5/4 and already had my fafsa in on 4/28. It says on the portal the fafsa is complete and I got a scholarship email yesterday, just no aid package. Ideas?

Also, what's the deal with need-based scholarships? I got a decent merit scholarship so does that mean I definitely won't get any need-based funds beyond fafsa loans? Thanks!

Last edited:
Congrats! I’m trying to pull the same deal haha. How much was the scholarship and was it for a specific reason (need, merit, diversity, etc)?
Merit based scholarship. And my GPA/MCAT were both below the class avg (ORM male) so they def take a lot of things into consideration when deciding on merit based.

Does anyone know how long it should take to get an aid package? I was accepted on 5/4 and already had my fafsa in on 4/28. It says on the portal the fafsa is complete and I got a scholarship email yesterday, just no aid package. Ideas?

Also, what's the deal with need-based scholarships? I got a decent merit scholarship so does that mean I definitely won't get any need-based funds beyond fafsa loans? Thanks!
Need-based aid here is limited and prioritized for upperclassmen. However, if they have any left, I believe you get notified in the fall.
For now, assume your merit is all that you’re getting.

Congrats! I’m trying to pull the same deal haha. How much was the scholarship and was it for a specific reason (need, merit, diversity, etc)?
Merit it the only one I’m knowledgeable above. See above about need-based.

amount varies. Mine was 15k/year, a friend of mine had 18k/year

Temple just popped up on my choose your medical school tool!!! I interviewed at St Luke’s in January and CC list in Feb. I can’t believe it!! No acceptance email yet

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone have any idea what the CC list size is at Temple, or what percentage they usually select from it? Anything on MSAR?

To everyone who saw temple pop up on the choose your med school tool, did you already have a school selected for PTE? If so, how do you see/check if a new school popped up? Did you press the edit button? Just wondering bc I’ve been neurotically checking but not sure if I’m even checking correctly lol

To everyone who saw temple pop up on the choose your med school tool, did you already have a school selected for PTE? If so, how do you see/check if a new school popped up? Did you press the edit button? Just wondering bc I’ve been neurotically checking but not sure if I’m even checking correctly lol
Click edit and you can see what schools are there! Then just cancel and don’t make any changes.

I know he won’t post here so I’ll post for him lol- my brother was accepted off the WL today for St. Luke’s campus! He’s OOS with a LM ~71. This was his 6th time applying so I’m stoked for him!!

Reactions: 11 users
I know he won’t post here so I’ll post for him lol- my brother was accepted off the WL today for St. Luke’s campus! He’s OOS with a LM ~71. This was his 6th time applying so I’m stoked for him!!

Jeez. Congrats to your brother. I’d love to hear that story.

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my acceptance for Philly campus today as well. Hope it goes out to one of you!

Reactions: 6 users
Jeez. Congrats to your brother. I’d love to hear that story.

He really doesn’t wanna post anything himself :( which is a bummer because I feel like he could really inspire others and he has so much intimate knowledge of the application process lol

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Temple is true P/F or do they internally rank for the first couple of years?

Temple is P/F with sort of internal ranking. They divide the class into thirds, I forget what the exact adjectives are but it's something like "Great", "Outstanding" "Amazeballs" and that adjective is in your Dean's letter. It's not a true ranking though as theoretically if everyone has a 90% average everyone will get the "Amazeballs" adjective, so it's not a zero sum game and you don't have to be a gunner.

Does anyone know what Temple is planning to do for the fall? I always thought I'd want to go to a big city for medical school, but with the odds of COVID-19 seriously disrupting education for the long haul, maybe being in less-affected areas is the better option.

No, it's still up in the air as far as both campuses are concerned. It sounds like clinical education they're trying to get back on track as soon as possible (although a lot of the M2s haven't taken STEP yet) but pre-clinical is still being actively worked on.

I just went to check my choose your medical school tab for another school I came off the WL today from and TEMPLE was THERE. Im FreakinG OUT

Reactions: 8 users
Thank you! I'm OOS and interviewed the end of March!

Because of COVID- my interview was online so I've never actually visited the campus. Would anyone be able to comment on what their interview day and impression of the St. Luke's campus was like? Also anything regarding student diversity of that small class size and how the training and match list compare to the Philly campus?

The St. Luke's campus is really just a small building with a few classroom/conference rooms, the hospital, and an auditorium that I'm not sure is ever used except for a once a semester "vertically integrated classrooms" where all the years (mostly M1 & M2) get together. A lot of the main campus pre-clinical years involve working in small groups so aside from not having a large lecture hall I don't know that the experience would be too different. The hospital and everyone associated with it and the school are super kind, warm, and friendly.

Temple Philly has a very diverse student body, so relative to that I wouldn't say the St. Luke's cohort is diverse, but I wouldn't say it's less diverse on average than most med schools. If diversity is important to you, Temple main campus is tough to beat in pretty much all aspects.

No experience with training at either, my impression is that at St. Luke's offers closer to one-on-one training than Philly. Match list is pretty much the same, most people see St. Luke's as an advantage as they can either play up the Temple name or emphasize St. Luke's and their reputation for graduating really well prepared M4s.

For those who have seen Temple on their CYMST the day before being accepted, did you all have other acceptances and could therefore previously see the tool? Or did it pop up for anyone who had no previous acceptances?

For those who have seen Temple on their CYMST the day before being accepted, did you all have other acceptances and could therefore previously see the tool? Or did it pop up for anyone who had no previous acceptances?
I had no previous acceptances and logged on to my AMCAS page randomly one day and saw the CYMS button the day before Temple sent me the official acceptance email.

I just went to check my choose your medical school tab for another school I came off the WL today from and TEMPLE was THERE. Im FreakinG OUT
Omg. I’ve been checking all the time for the last 2 weeks but the past few days I had stopped bc I was losing hope, but I just saw your post and felt something in me telling me to go check ASAP and it showed up!!! Freaking out!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
anyone know how long it takes to hear about financial aid after being accepted??

anyone know how long it takes to hear about financial aid after being accepted??
Got accepted on a Tuesday, got a merit scholarship notification that Sunday (weird it was on a Sunday but fine by me lol). Pretty sure need-based comes out in Fall but is used mostly for upperclassmen

Hello! I was recently accepted off the waitlist, and was wondering if anyone can comment on how safe the school is/how safe the students feel there? Specifically getting to and from downtown Philly to the school in North Philly. Thank you!

I forgot to add that my interview was also virtual because of the pandemic, so I never got a chance to see the school in person, and I have never been to Philadelphia. So any input would be extremely helpful as I decide on where to attend medical school.

And to answer @cupofjoe81 's question, I did not send any updates at any time before or after being placed on the waitlist!

I forgot to add that my interview was also virtual because of the pandemic, so I never got a chance to see the school in person, and I have never been to Philadelphia. So any input would be extremely helpful as I decide on where to attend medical school.

And to answer @cupofjoe81 's question, I did not send any updates at any time before or after being placed on the waitlist!
when did you get off the waitlist?

Hi! I had to make a similar decision since my interview was virtual and I have never been to Philadelphia. Between school x and Temple, I ultimately chose Temple. Feel free to PM me! Will be glad to share how I went about making my decision.

Did anyone get in off the waitlist who clicked that they were highly interested in going to temple but not that they would definitely go ?

I interviewed at 6 different schools and I liked Temple the best :) feel free to PM and maybe some of the schools we interviewed overlapped and I can help you compare. Also, the area around the hospital/med school is pretty sketch but most students dont live near there and commute via subway/car from a nicer neighborhood. Philly is a really great city. Also at night, they have these huge stadium lights that light up the med school/hospital area to make it safer. Keep in mind, Temple's location near a poorer/marginalized patient population allows them to treat and really make a difference in a community that needs it which is great experience for a med student.

do we think theres gonna be another wave of A's this week? Really trying to stay optimistic but slowly losing hope :')
Don't know how else to convey to Temple that it's my top.

Reactions: 1 users