You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Temple
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nope, they are one in the sameIs there a difference between "continuing candidate" and "wait list"?
scorpion2020
Full Member
How are you guys going about finding housing for the fall? Normally I think would just go there and check it out for myself to see if I see myself living there but with COVID-19 that’s not really feasible anymore.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureOphth35
Full Member
I’ve been searching up places on different apartment websites. Also, the link on the google docs they sent out as the virtual second look has a presentation with a brief overview of the most popular areas to live. There are also a handful of links in the presentation as well.How are you guys going about finding housing for the fall? Normally I think would just go there and check it out for myself to see if I see myself living there but with COVID-19 that’s not really feasible anymore.
FutureOphth35
Full Member
Also forgot to mention that a few of the apartment buildings that I’ve spoken with do over the phone consultations. They are also willing to send virtual tours.I’ve been searching up places on different apartment websites. Also, the link on the google docs they sent out as the virtual second look has a presentation with a brief overview of the most popular areas to live. There are also a handful of links in the presentation as well.
scorpion2020
Full Member
I didn’t see the links in the presentation I’ll check them out now. I was looking to live in center city. I’ll definitely be contacting them this week for virtual tours. Thanks!I’ve been searching up places on different apartment websites. Also, the link on the google docs they sent out as the virtual second look has a presentation with a brief overview of the most popular areas to live. There are also a handful of links in the presentation as well.
Here’s hoping tomorrow is a decision release day 🙂 on the CC list here!
scorpion2020
Full Member
I hope you get in!Here’s hoping tomorrow is a decision release day 🙂 on the CC list here!
Aw :’) thank you so much!I hope you get in!
What makes you think it is?Here’s hoping tomorrow is a decision release day 🙂 on the CC list here!
DrStephennmnm
Full Member
I don't think he has any proof, just hopingWhat makes you think it is?
I’ve seen some people say they will release 1st or 2nd week of April, and when I heard back in February it was on a TuesdayWhat makes you think it is?
DrStephennmnm
Full Member
I'm pretty sure they release in May because the committee only meets once in a blue moon in TransylvaniaI’ve seen some people say they will release 1st or 2nd week of April, and when I heard back in February it was on a Tuesday
I’ve seen some people say they will release 1st or 2nd week of April, and when I heard back in February it was on a Tuesday
Unfortunately that was probably referring to the April 1st wave of decisions.
Mainly, yes, I think it would be the first wave. However I did also see some CC list people accepted during the wave in February!Unfortunately that was probably referring to the April 1st wave of decisions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Scholarship emails have begun to be sent out
Just withdrew. Good luck, everyone!
How did you go about doing this? I sent an email to withdraw and asking how to get my 100 deposit back but havent heard anything!Just withdrew. Good luck, everyone!
I still haven't heard back. I assume they will eventually read and get back to me.How did you go about doing this? I sent an email to withdraw and asking how to get my 100 deposit back but havent heard anything!
scorpion2020
Full Member
You already received the financial aid package?If I "accept" my financial aid award, does this mean I am committing to enrolling?
I think he’s talking about the scholarships.You already received the financial aid package?
@seasalt99 no, you’re not committing I don’t think. we have until the 30th but if you’re seriously considering temple, accept the money now.
EDIT: " Acceptance of this scholarship offer does not require you to withdraw your other acceptances prior to that date." from the email itself. So yah, you're not committing if you accept the scholarship.
Last edited:
Financial awards (outside of scholarship) are now available. Check your emails!
macaroni713
Full Member
So is the scholarship information released separated from the financial aid information? If I don't see scholarships on the financial aid portal does that mean I did not receive any?
scorpion2020
Full Member
Nothing here! Did you set up your temple email?Financial awards (outside of scholarship) are now available. Check your emails!
scorpion2020
Full Member
I got an email saying scholarship notification. It separate because it only mentioned the scholarshipSo is the scholarship information released separated from the financial aid information? If I don't see scholarships on the financial aid portal does that mean I did not receive any?
I did not set up a temple email. Here's what the email says:Nothing here! Did you set up your temple email?
This message is to inform you that your financial aid award for the 2020 - 2021 Financial Aid Year is available. You must ACCEPT/REDUCE/DECLINE the award(s) on Self-Service Banner (SSB).
INSTRUCTIONS TO ACCEPT/DECLINE AWARDS:
1. Log into your TUPortal Account at https://tuportal4.temple.edu/cp/home/displaylogin
2. Select “Self-Service Banner” (SSB) from TUApplications menu on the left-hand side
3. Select “Financial Aid” and then follow the instructions to review your 2021 awards.
4. “Accept” or “Decline” listed awards
FIRST TIME TEMPLE DIRECT LOAN BORROWERS ONLY:
• Entrance Counseling
• Sign MPN (Master Promissory Note)
If you have any questions, please contact our office at [email protected].
Thank you,
The Office of Student Financial Services
So is the scholarship information released separated from the financial aid information? If I don't see scholarships on the financial aid portal does that mean I did not receive any?
Yes, it seems scholarships offers are given in separate emails.
The financial aid award posted in the TU portal is strictly for loans.
Need-based scholarships are notified in the fall, but is very limited and priority is given to upperclassmen.
scorpion2020
Full Member
Got you thanks man! I took a look and it says cumulative loan info as of 02-April-2020. Does it say that for you too? Never got the email so I’m not sure if I’m up to dateI did not set up a temple email. Here's what the email says:
This message is to inform you that your financial aid award for the 2020 - 2021 Financial Aid Year is available. You must ACCEPT/REDUCE/DECLINE the award(s) on Self-Service Banner (SSB).
INSTRUCTIONS TO ACCEPT/DECLINE AWARDS:
1. Log into your TUPortal Account at https://tuportal4.temple.edu/cp/home/displaylogin
2. Select “Self-Service Banner” (SSB) from TUApplications menu on the left-hand side
3. Select “Financial Aid” and then follow the instructions to review your 2021 awards.
4. “Accept” or “Decline” listed awards
FIRST TIME TEMPLE DIRECT LOAN BORROWERS ONLY:
• Entrance Counseling
• Sign MPN (Master Promissory Note)
If you have any questions, please contact our office at [email protected].
Thank you,
The Office of Student Financial Services
Yes, it seems scholarships offers are given in separate emails.
The financial aid award posted in the TU portal is strictly for loans.
Need-based scholarships are notified in the fall, but is very limited and priority is given to upperclassmen.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pushforward
Full Member
besides the $100 deposit, choosing plan to enroll, and completing the background check form, is there anything else we need to do?
+1Withdrew two days ago and just received my deposit back! Hope one of you get a spot off the waitlist. best of luck everyone 😀
Were either of ya'll St Lukes?
I was not.Were either of ya'll St Lukes?
FutureSawbones
Full Member
May I ask why you guys decided to withdraw from here?
DrStephennmnm
Full Member
Probably because they got better offers elsewhere.... While temple is a solid mid-tier school it isn't exactly a top ranked program or anywhere near thatMay I ask why you guys decided to withdraw from here?
Probably because they got better offers elsewhere.... While temple is a solid mid-tier school it isn't exactly a top ranked program or anywhere near that
And it's more expensive than a better ranked school in a city I already live in.May I ask why you guys decided to withdraw from here?
just withdrew my A and scholarship ... hoping the A and $$$ goes to one of you! Good luck everyone!
(Temple and affiliates location)
(Temple and affiliates location)
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
I am on the same boat. Idk what this meansIm currently on the waitlist and just got an email regarding some aid information.. have other people seen this before? can I expect an A soon?
I’m on the CC list and did not receive such an email so maybe that does mean something!Im currently on the waitlist and just got an email regarding some aid information.. have other people seen this before? can I expect an A soon?
What was the email exactly? I have an acceptance and received an aid email last week when it was made available. I can tell you if its the same.Im currently on the waitlist and just got an email regarding some aid information.. have other people seen this before? can I expect an A soon?
Medschoolbelle
Full Member
In the email I received, I was asked to submit proof of citizenship since they couldn't confirm my citizenship through social security administration. I have been asked about it before by the other schools that accepted me.What was the email exactly? I have an acceptance and received an aid email last week when it was made available. I can tell you if its the same.
yup i got the same emailIn the email I received, I was asked to submit proof of citizenship since they couldn't confirm my citizenship through social security administration. I have been asked about it before by the other schools that accepted me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scorpion2020
Full Member
I got that email today too. I was accepted earlier this monthyup i got the same email
hmm this is weird.. guess ill find out monday!I got that email today too. I was accepted earlier this month
How are you guys going about finding housing for the fall? Normally I think would just go there and check it out for myself to see if I see myself living there but with COVID-19 that’s not really feasible anymore.
In addition to the other resources, when the accepted FB group goes live they should put together a housing spreadsheet where people can list openings and find roommates.