2019-2020 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a difference between "continuing candidate" and "wait list"?

Members don't see this ad.

How are you guys going about finding housing for the fall? Normally I think would just go there and check it out for myself to see if I see myself living there but with COVID-19 that’s not really feasible anymore.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How are you guys going about finding housing for the fall? Normally I think would just go there and check it out for myself to see if I see myself living there but with COVID-19 that’s not really feasible anymore.
I’ve been searching up places on different apartment websites. Also, the link on the google docs they sent out as the virtual second look has a presentation with a brief overview of the most popular areas to live. There are also a handful of links in the presentation as well.

I’ve been searching up places on different apartment websites. Also, the link on the google docs they sent out as the virtual second look has a presentation with a brief overview of the most popular areas to live. There are also a handful of links in the presentation as well.
Also forgot to mention that a few of the apartment buildings that I’ve spoken with do over the phone consultations. They are also willing to send virtual tours.

I didn’t see the links in the presentation I’ll check them out now. I was looking to live in center city. I’ll definitely be contacting them this week for virtual tours. Thanks!

Here’s hoping tomorrow is a decision release day :) on the CC list here!

Reactions: 2 users
I’ve seen some people say they will release 1st or 2nd week of April, and when I heard back in February it was on a Tuesday
I'm pretty sure they release in May because the committee only meets once in a blue moon in Transylvania

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve seen some people say they will release 1st or 2nd week of April, and when I heard back in February it was on a Tuesday

Unfortunately that was probably referring to the April 1st wave of decisions.

Unfortunately that was probably referring to the April 1st wave of decisions.
Mainly, yes, I think it would be the first wave. However I did also see some CC list people accepted during the wave in February!

Scholarship emails have begun to be sent out

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
How did you go about doing this? I sent an email to withdraw and asking how to get my 100 deposit back but havent heard anything!
I still haven't heard back. I assume they will eventually read and get back to me.

If I "accept" my financial aid award, does this mean I am committing to enrolling?

You already received the financial aid package?
I think he’s talking about the scholarships.

@seasalt99 no, you’re not committing I don’t think. we have until the 30th but if you’re seriously considering temple, accept the money now.

EDIT: " Acceptance of this scholarship offer does not require you to withdraw your other acceptances prior to that date." from the email itself. So yah, you're not committing if you accept the scholarship.

Last edited:
Financial awards (outside of scholarship) are now available. Check your emails!

So is the scholarship information released separated from the financial aid information? If I don't see scholarships on the financial aid portal does that mean I did not receive any?

So is the scholarship information released separated from the financial aid information? If I don't see scholarships on the financial aid portal does that mean I did not receive any?
I got an email saying scholarship notification. It separate because it only mentioned the scholarship

Nothing here! Did you set up your temple email?
I did not set up a temple email. Here's what the email says:

This message is to inform you that your financial aid award for the 2020 - 2021 Financial Aid Year is available. You must ACCEPT/REDUCE/DECLINE the award(s) on Self-Service Banner (SSB).

INSTRUCTIONS TO ACCEPT/DECLINE AWARDS:
1. Log into your TUPortal Account at https://tuportal4.temple.edu/cp/home/displaylogin
2. Select “Self-Service Banner” (SSB) from TUApplications menu on the left-hand side
3. Select “Financial Aid” and then follow the instructions to review your 2021 awards.
4. “Accept” or “Decline” listed awards

FIRST TIME TEMPLE DIRECT LOAN BORROWERS ONLY:
• Entrance Counseling
• Sign MPN (Master Promissory Note)

If you have any questions, please contact our office at [email protected].

Thank you,
The Office of Student Financial Services

Yes, it seems scholarships offers are given in separate emails.
The financial aid award posted in the TU portal is strictly for loans.

Need-based scholarships are notified in the fall, but is very limited and priority is given to upperclassmen.

Reactions: 1 users
I did not set up a temple email. Here's what the email says:

This message is to inform you that your financial aid award for the 2020 - 2021 Financial Aid Year is available. You must ACCEPT/REDUCE/DECLINE the award(s) on Self-Service Banner (SSB).

INSTRUCTIONS TO ACCEPT/DECLINE AWARDS:
1. Log into your TUPortal Account at https://tuportal4.temple.edu/cp/home/displaylogin
2. Select “Self-Service Banner” (SSB) from TUApplications menu on the left-hand side
3. Select “Financial Aid” and then follow the instructions to review your 2021 awards.
4. “Accept” or “Decline” listed awards

FIRST TIME TEMPLE DIRECT LOAN BORROWERS ONLY:
• Entrance Counseling
• Sign MPN (Master Promissory Note)

If you have any questions, please contact our office at [email protected].

Thank you,
The Office of Student Financial Services

Yes, it seems scholarships offers are given in separate emails.
The financial aid award posted in the TU portal is strictly for loans.

Need-based scholarships are notified in the fall, but is very limited and priority is given to upperclassmen.
Got you thanks man! I took a look and it says cumulative loan info as of 02-April-2020. Does it say that for you too? Never got the email so I’m not sure if I’m up to date

I did not get a scholarship email or anything. Decided to withdraw. Good luck to you all.

besides the $100 deposit, choosing plan to enroll, and completing the background check form, is there anything else we need to do?

Withdrew two days ago and just received my deposit back! Hope one of you get a spot off the waitlist. best of luck everyone :D

Reactions: 6 users
Reactions: 4 users
just withdrew my A and scholarship ... hoping the A and $$$ goes to one of you! Good luck everyone!

(Temple and affiliates location)

Reactions: 9 users
Im currently on the waitlist and just got an email regarding some aid information.. have other people seen this before? can I expect an A soon?

Im currently on the waitlist and just got an email regarding some aid information.. have other people seen this before? can I expect an A soon?
I’m on the CC list and did not receive such an email so maybe that does mean something!

What was the email exactly? I have an acceptance and received an aid email last week when it was made available. I can tell you if its the same.

What was the email exactly? I have an acceptance and received an aid email last week when it was made available. I can tell you if its the same.
In the email I received, I was asked to submit proof of citizenship since they couldn't confirm my citizenship through social security administration. I have been asked about it before by the other schools that accepted me.

In the email I received, I was asked to submit proof of citizenship since they couldn't confirm my citizenship through social security administration. I have been asked about it before by the other schools that accepted me.
yup i got the same email

In addition to the other resources, when the accepted FB group goes live they should put together a housing spreadsheet where people can list openings and find roommates.

Does anyone know if St. Luke's ranks their CC list, or if you can find out where you are on the CC list?

Reactions: 2 users