2019-2020 UC Davis

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't but when i went to my interview one of the current students said her class only has 3 OOS students.

I got an II and will interview in February. I have never been a resident of California, but served a two-year proselyting mission along the coast of northern California. I am hoping that will help
 
For those with an II, please put in your data on the tracker!
 
at this point silence is bad.
Not necessarily. Applications are reviewed continuously until January, which is when they will start sending out rejections. Although we won’t hear any bad news until then, there’s no way of truly knowing if you’re out of the running quite yet. Since they are very selective about who they send secondaries to, they take a lot of time to review and re-review everyone. (This is information I have gotten directly from the admissions director)
 
Not necessarily. Applications are reviewed continuously until January, which is when they will start sending out rejections. Although we won’t hear any bad news until then, there’s no way of truly knowing if you’re out of the running quite yet. Since they are very selective about who they send secondaries to, they take a lot of time to review and re-review everyone. (This is information I have gotten directly from the admissions director)
Thanks for stoking the fire of hope
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not necessarily. Applications are reviewed continuously until January, which is when they will start sending out rejections. Although we won’t hear any bad news until then, there’s no way of truly knowing if you’re out of the running quite yet. Since they are very selective about who they send secondaries to, they take a lot of time to review and re-review everyone. (This is information I have gotten directly from the admissions director)
Do you know how many people receive a secondary? I am wondering if they are as selective as UCSF. I know that UCSD and UCI only send secondaries to about 50% of the applicants. UCSF is more selective than that. Not sure about UCD.
 
Do you know how many people receive a secondary? I am wondering if they are as selective as UCSF. I know that UCSD and UCI only send secondaries to about 50% of the applicants. UCSF is more selective than that. Not sure about UCD.
I’m not sure about that 🙁 I do know of several people that got the UCSF one but not the UCD one (it was opposite for me personally), they are probably pretty selective because I don’t think they really consider anyone OOS without any ties to the school where some other UC’s are pretty OOS friendly (UCSF, UCLA, UCSD)
 
I received the secondary a whiiile ago. OOS. Zero ties to california. Would it be too late to submit it here? 😳
 
I received the secondary a whiiile ago. OOS. Zero ties to california. Would it be too late to submit it here? 😳
TBH, it's a crapshoot for OOS applicants. According to @limeyguydr 's post II A spreadsheet, only 25% of OOS interviewees are accepted. If you really want to live in Davis/Sac, go for it, but if you can't picture yourself there, it might not be worth the hassle. Good luck either way!
 
Last edited:
II today! I was complete around 10/15 (they took over 2 months to send me the secondary if that gives anyone hope lol). I am super excited about this school but the earliest date I could schedule was in late February. 🙁 Does anyone know what the post-interview acceptance rate is for Davis?

So they are scheduling interviews in late February but still sending out secondaries???
 
So I think someone asked this a while back on the thread--but it says on MSAR that 'expected number of new entrants' will be 159 (not their normal first year class of 120). Anyone been able to find out if class size is actually increasing that much?
 
I’m not sure about that 🙁 I do know of several people that got the UCSF one but not the UCD one (it was opposite for me personally), they are probably pretty selective because I don’t think they really consider anyone OOS without any ties to the school where some other UC’s are pretty OOS friendly (UCSF, UCLA, UCSD)

I dont know about that. I got an II and I am OOS.
 
I dont know about that. I got an II and I am OOS.
Congratulations, they must have really liked your application! According to the USNWR/MSAR spreadsheet about 1-2% of OOS applicants are interviewed. Out of over 5,000 apps in the recent couple years roughly 80 applicants were interviewed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad