-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 UC Davis
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted966164
Ugh, this post-interview silence is killing me!!! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JijoO
Full Member
How did you find out where they are scheduling in March?Are they giving out more IIs? Last time I checked they are already scheduling in March 🙁
D
deleted966164
Just went on the portal and saw a message with the post-interview survey. Turns out that it landed in my 'spam' folder in my regular e-mail. The message says: "Your application will be reviewed by the admission committee once this anonymous survey has been completed."
Does this mean that my application won't be forwarded to the Adcom for final review until I fill out the survey?! Anyone has any similar experience?
Does this mean that my application won't be forwarded to the Adcom for final review until I fill out the survey?! Anyone has any similar experience?
Wow that would be ridiculous... surveys are supposed to be anonymous and optional.Just went on the portal and saw a message with the post-interview survey. Turns out that it landed in my 'spam' folder in my regular e-mail. The message says: "Your application will be reviewed by the admission committee once this anonymous survey has been completed."
Does this mean that my application won't be forwarded to the Adcom for final review until I fill out the survey?! Anyone has any similar experience?
limed51
Full Member
We were instructed that there was a deadline a week after our interview (12/6) to submit the optional survey, so I doubt they would have any bearing on whether or not you hear back.Just went on the portal and saw a message with the post-interview survey. Turns out that it landed in my 'spam' folder in my regular e-mail. The message says: "Your application will be reviewed by the admission committee once this anonymous survey has been completed."
Does this mean that my application won't be forwarded to the Adcom for final review until I fill out the survey?! Anyone has any similar experience?
GloballyMed
Full Member
If I am not mistaken, this school does not accept updates.Is it worth sending an update + a paragraph showing my interest in the school? I haven't heard back yet and was complete mid July. From NorCal and would love to attend UCD
If I am not mistaken, this school does not accept updates.
How do you go about finding out if they accept them or not? I heard you can usually send an email to the admissions or upload a doc if you have the option in the portal
I think the FAQ on the secondary portal says they don’t accept updatesHow do you go about finding out if they accept them or not? I heard you can usually send an email to the admissions or upload a doc if you have the option in the portal
pokemon9264
Full Member
From previous posts, yes. It does seem UCD has sent out pre II R's. I'm in a similar boat as you and anxiously waiting to hear back.Has UCD sent out any preII R yet? If I submitted in July does that mean I’m on a silent hold?
D
deleted966164
Soooo.... one week left before the break. What’s the consensus here, if interviewed on 11/15, will we hear back this week? 🙂
I think the FAQ on the secondary portal says they don’t accept updates
How would a letter of interest be viewed? I'm trying to learn more about whether it's worth it to send a LOI to schools that haven't gotten back to me yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They don’t accept anything at all, I would not send it.How would a letter of interest be viewed? I'm trying to learn more about whether it's worth it to send a LOI to schools that haven't gotten back to me yet.
I imagine they probably don’t accept those either but it can’t hurt to call and ask.How would a letter of interest be viewed? I'm trying to learn more about whether it's worth it to send a LOI to schools that haven't gotten back to me yet.
D
deleted966164
Anyone from 11/16 heard anything? I am getting really anxious if we’re gonna hear back before the break.
super pumped about that comment, are you guessing or where did you hear that?This cycle will go on till May/ June. Hang in there.
Have there been any acceptances? Seems like just a handful have been accepted so far? Have most people just been rejected/waitlisted?? That may just be my impression from the forum
D
deleted966164
I am really hoping to hear before the break. This is me these days:
reyreyrey
Full Member
I was granted my interview 11/10 (I am a Central Valley applicant), and a friend of mine got one recently like a week ago (he went to Davis for undergrad). I am unsure if this is what you mean by recent! We both submitted our secondary late August I believe.Has anyone got an II recently? Manually screened for secondary, which I received. Completed mid-August. Holding on to hope here as its one of my top choices.
I was granted my interview 11/10 (I am a Central Valley applicant), and a friend of mine got one recently like a week ago (he went to Davis for undergrad). I am unsure if this is what you mean by recent! We both submitted our secondary late August I believe.
This will keep the rest of us going through the holidays. Big thanks for sharing!
According to last year’s thread, the last interview date was in early April. So there should be some IIs left.
D
deleted966164
Anyone interviewing on a Friday, 11/15, heard any news?
Rejected! Pre-secondary lmao
D
deleted966164
Today?Rejected! Pre-secondary lmao
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II right now!! Secondary complete in Oct. Two dates available last day of Feb and early March
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rejected! Pre-secondary lmao
Ditto! Finally! Best of luck everyone 🙂
tofuhearts
Full Member
R pre-secondary!!
Yep hahaToday?
Pre II, Post secondary R. OOS ORM. Complete ~Labor day. Bummed on this one - I really liked the program
But it's Christmas time...
complete mid july and still sitting on that thicc silence
wikrbasket
New Member
Evening of 12/23, received pre-II R. OOS. Completed mid September. One of the colder R's I've received. Whack.
D
deleted966164
Post interview R. Sucks. I loved that program and the interview.
D
deleted955650
Ekh, sorry. Hope your odds improve. Was your interview on 11/15 as well?Post-II R. At least for the moment, odds of staying in Cali = 0.
pokemon9264
Full Member
Why Davis be like that 😛
Interview invite today. Complete mid-September. March interview date available
+1 Completed late SeptemberInterview invite today. Complete mid-September. March interview date available
Wakanda70
Full Member
Congrats! Can you please share stats? ThanksInterview invite today. Complete mid-September. March interview date available
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Can you please share stats? Thanks
Thank you. Info below:
510 MCAT, 3.7 GPA
Very close ties to UC Davis and Northern California
Can anyone share their interview experience at UCDSOM? 🙂
Pre-II R; complete 8/2
Bummed out about this one as a Norcal resident :c
Bummed out about this one as a Norcal resident :c
Pre-II R; complete 8/2
Bummed out about this one as a Norcal resident :c
+1