2019-2020 UC Davis

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well that’s a bummer. Looks like I’m going OOS for medical school. Was really hoping to get some love from UCI/UCD/UCR/USC as my stats and application are at least somewhat competitive. Oh well...this state’s med admissions have reached a full saturation point it seems.
 
Well that’s a bummer. Looks like I’m going OOS for medical school. Was really hoping to get some love from UCI/UCD/UCR/USC as my stats and application are at least somewhat competitive. Oh well...this state’s med admissions have reached a full saturation point it seems.

you could message them. I’d try it. Worth a shot
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this ever successful? I’ve heard it is discouraged, but I don’t know why.
If it is likely that you won’t get in at this point anyways, you might not have much to lose by asking.

It is discouraged because they like to be left alone to do their thing while we wait like loyal pets. This process has a lot of “shut up, kiss their feet, don’t step out of line, and just obey the process (even if the process isn’t working out)” because med schools have all the power in this business relationship, unfortunately.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
it's discouraged because it can be seen as going against the principles of professional courtesy

Read about someone messaging a med school that they didn't receive a secondary from and expressing their interest. But if it goes against professional courtesy, then I guess I'd avoid it
 
This is what I was trying to get it. They wouldn't have much to lose at this point in the cycle

nobody on this forum will ever have a definitive answer for you. weigh others' opinions and do what's best for you (and your mental health)! 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After the interview - do you get the decision WITHIN three weeks or AFTER three weeks?
 
my interview date is coming up soon and i've assumed that note taking isn't allowed for the MMI given the prep time is only a minute. can anyone confirm?
 
my interview date is coming up soon and i've assumed that note taking isn't allowed for the MMI given the prep time is only a minute. can anyone confirm?
No note taking allowed at my interview. You don't really need to tbh, it all goes by so quickly.
 
For those of you who submitted the applicant hosting program application, what kind of information did you put in the "please provide a little information on yourself" section? Facts about your life? Personal hobbies? I am trying to write it, but it is starting to sound a little too much like a dating profile lol.
 
I have been seeing a couple of spreadsheets posted on SDN with information on average step scores compiled for med schools . The two spreadsheets that i looked at show 220 as UCD average step 1 score. This has to be bogus. is it True?
 
I'm also assuming it'll be an R, there's a small chance of people withdrawing their interviews but I'm sure the number of interview spots that'll reopen is much smaller than the number of students who haven't heard back yet so the chances of getting one of those spots is low (not zero tho if that makes anyone feel better lol).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad