You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 UC Davis
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is anyone still waiting on secondary invite? It's been a few weeks now and I'm getting a bit worried.
Same. I submitted in mid August. I have accepted that I am not getting one from this school! #peace
GloballyMed
Full Member
Dont give up yet. They continue sending out secondaries until Nov.Same. I submitted in mid August. I have accepted that I am not getting one from this school! #peace
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1. Darn regional preference.Same. I submitted in mid August. I have accepted that I am not getting one from this school! #peace
Is anyone still waiting on secondary invite? It's been a few weeks now and I'm getting a bit worried.
Why not email or call them? At worst, they wont' give you one anyways.
I'm not expecting a secondary from here at this point, but I'm curious to know if anyone has received a secondary lately?
Lol I didn't get one either, at this point even if they sent one to me I don't really wanna waste the 120 bucks when its so lateI'm not expecting a secondary from here at this point, but I'm curious to know if anyone has received a secondary lately?
pokemon9264
Full Member
Is it bad to complete in September? Knowing that there's a chance we might receive a secondary?
Am I doomed if I submitted secondary on 7/2 and haven't heard anything?
in the same boatAm I doomed if I submitted secondary on 7/2 and haven't heard anything?
D
deleted993098
They said the post-MMI survey needs to be completed, but there is no connection to our name, so how do they know we did it? Like I can click on the link and it's blank each time.
If I remember correctly, I got an email a day or two later saying my application has moved forward. And mine was the same way about it being blank when clicking the link.They said the post-MMI survey needs to be completed, but there is no connection to our name, so how do they know we did it? Like I can click on the link and it's blank each time.
bluelight123
Full Member
Am I doomed if I submitted secondary on 7/2 and haven't heard anything?
For UCD, as far as you haven't received an R then you still have a chance. I know a couple of people who got their IIs in December. I also know a guy who was an honors student at UCD with high MCAT and GPA who never heard back from them, so you gotta just wait and see what the Gods of med school admissions have decided for your fate.
Are you referring to that financial aid email?If I remember correctly, I got an email a day or two later saying my application has moved forward. And mine was the same way about it being blank when clicking the link.
Kemtala
New Member
I filled out the survey as well and the financial aid email was all I received. I didn't know there was supposed to be another email to be received 😳Are you referring to that financial aid email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I filled out the survey as well and the financial aid email was all I received. I didn't know there was supposed to be another email to be received 😳
I checked again and I did receive any email saying that my application had moved forward, but it was a clarifying email about the timeline for decisions specific to my interview day, so you shouldn’t be worried if you did not receive one! Sorry for the confusion
Out of curiosity, when were the interview dates for?II bois let’s get it, complete mid july
October and NovemberOut of curiosity, when were the interview dates for?
bluelight123
Full Member
So UC Davis recently viewed my LinkedIn profile today.. They’ve never viewed my profile in the past. Is this some sign that they’re going over my app lol?
That's interesting. How do you know it's them?
+1in the same boat
That's interesting. How do you know it's them?
I got a notification saying UC Davis viewed my profile. Don’t have the premium membership though
Was this post secondary or interview
I got a notification saying UC Davis viewed my profile. Don’t have the premium membership though
Post secondaryWas this post secondary or interview
II just now!! I’m beyond ecstatic for this [emoji173]️
edit: from SoCal -- no NorCal ties. Complete 7/25
edit: from SoCal -- no NorCal ties. Complete 7/25
Congrats!!II just now!! I’m beyond ecstatic for this [emoji173]️
Congrats!!
Thanks <3
hellothisislife
Full Member
that's amazing, congrats! do you mind sharing when you were complete? Also, if you're cool with it, what dates are they offering for interviews now?Thanks <3
that's amazing, congrats! do you mind sharing when you were complete? Also, if you're cool with it, what dates are they offering for interviews now?
Thanks! Yes! I was complete 7/25. Theres 2 available dates in Mid-January!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hellothisislife
Full Member
Congrats! You're going to do great! Sorry to be annoying, but when were you complete?II just now! Scheduled for Dec 6th!!! First interview, first school to get back to me!!
limed51
Full Member
I was complete Aug 12th 🙂Congrats! You're going to do great! Sorry to be annoying, but when were you complete?
GloballyMed
Full Member
Also got one! Finally some love from CA. Complete 8/9.II just now! Scheduled for Dec 6th!!! First interview, first school to get back to me!!
Dang, I feel like a R is coming with being complete back in June
Ditto on that lolDang, I feel like a R is coming with being complete back in June
the_expert
Full Member
does uc davis accept letters of interest post II?
I think its best to wait until the first decisons start rolling out! I don't recall them saying much about letters of interest I know they did specify updates were okay after the interview.does uc davis accept letters of interest post II?
Dang, I feel like a R is coming with being complete back in June
+1...still no secondary...
+1...still no secondary...
I got mine the same day my AMCAS was verified. You may have been screened out.
Also, I'm from NorCal, so maybe that had something to do with it.
I got mine the same day my AMCAS was verified. You may have been screened out.
Also, I'm from NorCal, so maybe that had something to do with it.
Why don't they just reject me now and get it over with, like UCSF did 😕
Didn't they say they send secondaries through January?Why don't they just reject me now and get it over with, like UCSF did 😕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TuhDuhTop
Plan B is to get Plan A to work.
Nice congrats!II tonight at 7pm
When were you complete?II tonight at 7pm
Why don't they just reject me now and get it over with, like UCSF did 😕
Is your signature correct? You applied to 13 schools but only submitted 4 secondaries? Presuming that you did submit all secondaries, you would only have 11 schools remaining after potentially being screened out of UCSF and UCD? Seems a bit risky. I think that 30-40 would have been the better range but others might disagree. Even for high stat applicants 20-25 should be the minimum
After not hearing since 7/1, i got an II around 8pm! THERE IS HOPE.
lmao I was literally starting to think I should give up hope since I submitted 7/2... guess ill go back to regularly refreshing my email lollAfter not hearing since 7/1, i got an II around 8pm! THERE IS HOPE.