You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 UC Davis
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was verified early June and I still haven't received a secondary from any of the UCs I applied to O.O I'm panicking lolCongrats to everyone receiving IIs!!
Meanwhile I’m still hoping for a secondary 🙁 (verified late July tho so not panicking but the wait is killing meeeee) Anyone else in the same boat?
Did apply to UCR?? It’s the only one I’ve gotten 🙁I was verified early June and I still haven't received a secondary from any of the UCs I applied to O.O I'm panicking lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was verified early June and I still haven't received a secondary from any of the UCs I applied to O.O I'm panicking lol
ME TOO
GloballyMed
Full Member
II just now! Aaaaahhh I'm at work so I can't break out into my happy dance yet
Complete date?
Complete 7/8, ISComplete date?
HopefulMed20
Full Member
Complete 7/8, IS
Congrats! Any ties to NorCal?
Yes. Husband is active duty military stationed in the Bay Area for the next few years. That's the only tie, we're originally from another state.Congrats! Any ties to NorCal?
Last edited:
DoctahPeppah
Full Member
Hello, just want to see if anyone who has gotten an II selected a scholarly pathways track?
Did apply to UCR?? It’s the only one I’ve gotten 🙁
No I didn’t apply to that one, clearly I should have!
Hi everyone, I received a secondary from UCD SOM on 7/1 and submitted that day. I still haven't heard back. Should I give the admissions office a call in regards to my status? Or should I just wait?
Yes, I expressed interest in 3 out of the 5 scholarly pathways tracks.Hello, just want to see if anyone who has gotten an II selected a scholarly pathways track?
Same boatCongrats to everyone receiving IIs!!
Meanwhile I’m still hoping for a secondary 🙁 (verified late July tho so not panicking but the wait is killing meeeee) Anyone else in the same boat?
Hey all! You're bringing up some really good questions about the secondary/II process, so I thought I might chime in with some of my experiences applying last cycle. One of the biggest things that I had to learn was that the application cycle is not necessarily linear, meaning that you can never really estimate when you will receive a secondary or II. Some of my classmates interviewed early in the fall/winter, but a good number of them interviewed in the spring or got off the waitlist. My rule that I followed was that no news is actually good news: you still have multiple months ahead of you to still get that secondary or II. I know it can be really hard to wait, but just because someone receives one ahead of you does NOT mean that they will necessarily have a greater chance of getting in.
TLDR: Give admissions some time to keep up with the influx of the thousands of applications that they need to get through! Unless they give you a specific deadline by which you should hear by and that deadline has already passed, I would recommend not calling/emailing to ask about status.
TLDR: Give admissions some time to keep up with the influx of the thousands of applications that they need to get through! Unless they give you a specific deadline by which you should hear by and that deadline has already passed, I would recommend not calling/emailing to ask about status.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same.... when were you verified?Still waiting for a secondary and I'm in state.....
D
deleted850233
Yes. For everyone who's gonna interview there, seriously don't worry, they are very nice and welcoming. This was my first MMI and I have to admit it was a lot better than I thought, they actually want you to do good 🙂
Last edited by a moderator:
the_expert
Full Member
Interviewed here last week. Was a very pleasant experience
speedracer347
Full Member
what were your stats if you dont mind me asking?I didn't select any of the tracks
speedracer347
Full Member
you just received one?I selected the TEACH-MS pathway, recieved an interview.
californiadreamin19
Full Member
did anyone that received an II put N/A on the question that asks if there is anything concerning about your application? Not sure how to answer that one
autorocks2
New Member
Was there anyone who submitted after like 7/15 that has received an interview?
Dr. Faust
Full Member
I did.did anyone that received an II put N/A on the question that asks if there is anything concerning about your application? Not sure how to answer that one
did anyone that received an II put N/A on the question that asks if there is anything concerning about your application? Not sure how to answer that one
I also got an II and put N/A. If you have nothing concerning don't write anything, you don't have to answer it.
Sorry, missed this. Yeah, I just received a standard interview invite. I didn't get an invite for that particular pathway yet.you just received one?
D
deleted993098
Does UCD's Interview have a traditional format MMI station? That is, can we talk to the adcom about our gap year updates and some questions about the school?
Does UCD's Interview have a traditional format MMI station? That is, can we talk to the adcom about our gap year updates and some questions about the school?
I'm also very curious about this. I was under the impression it was going to be short MMI's only which might leave no room for longer form discussion.
7/28Same.... when were you verified?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haven’t even got secondary with a 511 -_-Was there anyone who submitted after like 7/15 that has received an interview?
dancingflagellum
Full Member
How long did it take for you guys to get a secondary from here? I am starting to get nervous!
Got one within 6 hours of my primary being verified. Leads me to believe that secondaries are sent out based on some algorithm.How long did it take for you guys to get a secondary from here? I am starting to get nervous!
bluelight123
Full Member
Hoping the adcoms will show me some love and give me an II soon. It's unfortunate how competitive it is to get an II from your own state schools (one of the perks of being a CA resident I guess :/ )
what's your mcat? i would've expected more love with a wars in your rangeHoping the adcoms will show me some love and give me an II soon. It's unfortunate how competitive it is to get an II from your own state schools (one of the perks of being a CA resident I guess :/ )
How long did it take for you guys to get a secondary from here? I am starting to get nervous!
mine took 6 weeks haha so it is definitely variable!Got one within 6 hours of my primary being verified. Leads me to believe that secondaries are sent out based on some algorithm.
bluelight123
Full Member
I was verified early June and I still haven't received a secondary from any of the UCs I applied to O.O I'm panicking lol
What're your stats? It seems like your MCAT/GPA is not meeting their cutoffs.
I would say it is more than MCAT/GPA. I'm ORM and my GPA is not competitive but still received a secondary (though it took a long time) probably because the rest of my app is strong.What're your stats? It seems like your MCAT/GPA is not meeting their cutoffs.
bluelight123
Full Member
I would say it is more than MCAT/GPA. I'm ORM and my GPA is not competitive but still received a secondary (though it took a long time) probably because the rest of my app is strong.
It depends on the UC. I think for UCD and UCLA is mostly GPA/MCAT. I literally got a secondary from UCLA 2 hours after submitting my primary mid-august (I applied late cause I thought they had the 512 MCAT cutoff this cycle). But for UCSF, it took them weeks to send me the secondary. They thoroughly assess your app before sending it to you. In your case, cause of your GPA, their algorithm probably put your app somewhere in the pile that took a long time to be reviewed.
Would it be smart to email them if I still haven't received a secondary or stay patient? I'm in-state.
dancingflagellum
Full Member
Sadly, No secondary yet for this school either.
I submitted early August
I am also in state and was verified 8/1 with no secondary yet 🙁 I wonder why we didn't pass the algorithm...
I am also in state and was verified 8/1 with no secondary yet 🙁 I wonder why we didn't pass the algorithm...
Is it that we didnt pass the algorithm or they are just backlogged
dancingflagellum
Full Member
Is it that we didnt pass the algorithm or they are just backlogged
Well Hypnosis submitted their primary mid-August and got their secondary almost immediately:
For what it's worth, the secondary invitations seemed to be screened based on an algorithm. Submitted primary 8/14 and I received secondary 8/15. I'm also in-state
so I am not sure what else is holding our applications back...

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dancingflagellum
Full Member
Oh. interesting.
I forgot to mention, Im OOS
Oh that's probably why for you. I am sure they screen all OOS people more heavily which would take more time.
Oh that's probably why for you. I am sure they screen all OOS people more heavily which would take more time.
Oh okay. Yeah I kind of lost hope in this one and UCSF. which is fine as of right now bc Im still toiling on my other secondaries.
But it seems you guys are experts-in-all. (You should see what is happening in the UPitt thread haha)
I'm hoping they're just backlogged. I submitted on 8/1, too. I'm still crossing my fingers for Davis and UCSF. I've heard Davis is a big crapshoot, though.Is it that we didnt pass the algorithm or they are just backlogged
dancingflagellum
Full Member
I'm hoping they're just backlogged. I submitted on 8/1, too. I'm still crossing my fingers for Davis and UCSF. I've heard Davis is a big crapshoot, though.
Are you in state or out of state?