2019-2020 UC Davis

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you in state or out of state?
In state. I'm kind of worried. I had a friend who went to a top college in NorCal, had SUPER strong stats and didn't get a secondary. I know they're love people in region, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

That said, I don't know how the heck their screen works.

What about you? Have you heard from UCSF?
 
In state. I'm kind of worried. I had a friend who went to a top college in NorCal, had SUPER strong stats and didn't get a secondary. I know they're love people in region, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

That said, I don't know how the heck their screen works.

What about you? Have you heard from UCSF?

So strange, I wonder what they are looking for... And yeah I am in-state and have not heard from UC Davis or UCSF either. Looks like we are on the same page!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just don't get why I wouldn't get one. My stats on on par with theirs

They screen more than just stats. I think they have an algorithm that looks for key words in your primary and if you meet certain threshold, you automatically get a secondary, which explained why some get theirs within hours. While those that did not meet that threshold will have to be screened by an actual person, which might explain why it took weeks to months for other people.
 
They screen more than just stats. I think they have an algorithm that looks for key words in your primary and if you meet certain threshold, you automatically get a secondary, which explained why some get theirs within hours. While those that did not meet that threshold will have to be screened by an actual person, which might explain why it took weeks to months for other people.

I hate computers
 
3.93 GPA, 518 MCAT, IS, verified 7/10, received all secondaries (including UCSF) besides UC Davis. Lol...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In-state, 3.85 and 520+



Submitted July 28th. This was one of three secondaries I have submitted so far. I have been feeling discouraged because I am so behind, but this was a nice pick-me-up to get.

just remember there is an insane sampling bias on these SDN threads. just keep tackling those secondaries and try to be complete by labor day, and you're still good in the cycle! you don't need to be in the first wave of interviews to be a successful matriculant 🙂
 
just remember there is an insane sampling bias on these SDN threads. just keep tackling those secondaries and try to be complete by labor day, and you're still good in the cycle! you don't need to be in the first wave of interviews to be a successful matriculant 🙂

Thanks Hypnosis for the encouraging words! 🙂
 
Still waiting on a secondary from Davis and UCSF, received secondaries from every other UC.
Verified on 7/30


LM: ~68-70 | MCAT: 514 | Post-Bac GPA: 3.9
Non-traditional
MD: 1°: 40 | 2°: 36 | II: N/A
 
Does anyone know where to send a thank you letter for post-interview? Is the email they used to send the invite fine to reply to?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone interviewing this Friday free to hang out on Thursday night?
The only flight in arrives at 9 AM. I’d be down to hang out in the evening.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They start sending out decisions 10/15
Yeah, on my interview day (in August) they said multiple times that decisions would be sent in 3 to 4 weeks, but that acceptance notifications cannot be released until 10/15. I took that to mean that hearing nothing until 10/15 is a good sign, but it would def make more sense if all decisions were released at the same time.
 
does uc davis let you take notes during the 1 min prep period for the mmi?